What book should I read next.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
prplrane_13
Not as new

What book should I read next.

Post by prplrane_13 »

What book should I read next. I have read almost every book that I can think of. Right now I am reading the baby sitter club books. But what I am going to read next is a total mystery. I was thinking that I could read the Beverly Cleary books but I have read almost all of them and they are not challenging enough for me. I want to read Shakespear but that eould be way to challenging for me. I have read the book The Star Of Kazan.

edited- added more descriptive subject -DarcPaw
Do you know what one of those things can do? It can suck all the paint off of your house and give your family perminant orange afro's!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Dragons In Our Midst series by Bryan Davis-Christian books written by a Christian fantasy author. :) And the Forbidden Doors series by Bill Myers - Christian author
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Hey, prplrane_13! Just for further notice, if you start topics, please attempt specify what your topic is about in the title - that would be where you typed 'Hi'. Some people browse these forums by looking at the titles, and if they see 'Hi' in Harlequin Theatre (which is for media and related topics), they might think this topic is in the wrong area. However, I know that getting used to the ToO is hard, so don't feel bad. :) Good job on finding the right area for the topic, though!

Have you read some Frank Peretti mystery books - the Cooper Kids? What about Bill Myer's Wally McDoogle series? They're pretty nice to start off with. ^_^
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

to basiccly repeat what Sarai just said, I would suggest the cooper kids. They are the most AWESOME books on the planet (in my opinion anyway) \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

The Chronicles of Narnia!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Sarai Binghampaw wrote:Have you read some Frank Peretti mystery books - the Cooper Kids? What about Bill Myer's Wally McDoogle series? They're pretty nice to start off with. ^_^
In addition to the Cooper Kids, I recommend any, and I mean any book by Frank Peretti. That man is an utter genius when it comes to writing books.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I agree with those who suggested The Chronicles of Narnia, and any Frank Peretti books, but I'd like to add the Left Behind Series as well :yes:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

agent3xpaw wrote:I agree with those who suggested The Chronicles of Narnia, and any Frank Peretti books, but I'd like to add the Left Behind Series as well :yes:
There is also a Left Behind Kids series that you might want to read as well, if you are planning on reading the adult series. The Kids series is very good and supplements the adult series. :yes:
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Laurie wrote:
agent3xpaw wrote:I agree with those who suggested The Chronicles of Narnia, and any Frank Peretti books, but I'd like to add the Left Behind Series as well :yes:
There is also a Left Behind Kids series that you might want to read as well, if you are planning on reading the adult series. The Kids series is very good and supplements the adult series. :yes:
actually, I meant to refer to the kids series :-
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The Seven Sleepers; the first book is called Flight of the Eagles.

I don't know if these might be unchallanging for your level of reading, but they are fun books, and have some interesting parallels to Christ in them.

These are all written by Gilbert Morris, the same author who wrote the House of Winslow books, the ones about all the different wars in America.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

If you want some easy books to read, I suggest the Boxcar Kids- there are over 100 in the series! I used to love them! \:D/

Also- any book by Frank Peretti is incredible! But, I suggest starting with the Cooper Kids.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Lady Simbelpaw wrote:If you want some easy books to read, I suggest the Boxcar Kids- there are over 100 in the series! I used to love them! \:D/
I was absolutely addicted to those books \:D/

I had no idea there are now over 100 books :anxious:
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

okk bc ur a girly u HAVE TO READ a book by Meg Cabbot called Avalon High. It's the cutest book evr and all of my friends and i have read it and absolutly fall in love with it!!! It's got a pretty cool medieval twist (but it takes place in modern times dont wry \:D/ ) too.
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

So have you decided yet?
Love is stronger than death.
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

I'm reading Black by Ted Dekker....very good book.