"Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith" Discussion

**SPOILERS**

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What did you think of Episode III?

5 Stars - The best Star Wars film!
15%
4 Stars - The Force was with this movie
58%
3 Stars - Decent but unsatisfying
23%
2 Stars - Twisted by mediocrity, this movie was
4%
1 Star - I hate George Lucas
No votes

Total votes: 26

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:Maybe Leia was just referring to Mrs. Organa?
Possibly, but not according to StarWars.com.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

The... force enhanced the memory? :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:The... force enhanced the memory? :-k
Right. As a newborn baby, Leia could sense her mother's sadness before Padme died a minute later. :roll:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Anyway, what kind of mother would no longer have the will to live after giving birth to twins? :noway:
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

That’s is a flaw but I disagree with that it was so sudden. I was surprised at how fast the turn was but even in Eps 2 he all ready making his way to the dark side. Doing things that a Jedi shouldn't. Sure he was young but killing a tribe still is awful even with his mother and all. And Eps 3 continued with that. His killing Dooku and not serving the Jedi 100% like he should. Palpatine was putting stuff into his mind also. Telling him he was the best better than the rest.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Anyway, what kind of mother would no longer have the will to live after giving birth to twins? :noway:
To me, it seemed like her will to live was connected to Anakin's descent into evil. Maybe after Anakin fully turned to the dark side, Padme felt it somehow in her spirit and that was part of the reason that she just couldn't go on anymore. This is just an idea, and it might be crazy, but it could be seen that Padme's death was the result of Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader and the dark side, and therefore only became inevitable after Anakin took the dark steps to save her. If he hadn't turned to the dark side, then maybe she wouldn't have needed to be saved. Does that make sense? :-k To me, it does, but I have been called weird in the past.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:To me, it seemed like her will to live was connected to Anakin's descent into evil. Maybe after Anakin fully turned to the dark side, Padme felt it somehow in her spirit and that was part of the reason that she just couldn't go on anymore. This is just an idea, and it might be crazy, but it could be seen that Padme's death was the result of Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader and the dark side, and therefore only became inevitable after Anakin took the dark steps to save her. If he hadn't turned to the dark side, then maybe she wouldn't have needed to be saved. Does that make sense? :-k To me, it does, but I have been called weird in the past.
It makes perfect sense. Anakin went out of his way to stop two things from occuring: (1) The death of Padme and (2) His descent to the Dark Side. In fact, he was responsible for both. "You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!" How very sad. :cry:
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

i was going to watch it today..but there was such a long line and about an hour before the movie started all the tickets sold out.. :huh: :mecry: hopefully..i can go tomorow
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

GreenDragon wrote:i was going to watch it today..but there was such a long line and about an hour before the movie started all the tickets sold out.. :huh: :mecry: hopefully..i can go tomorow
We arrived at the theatres on Saturday evening around 8:15 for the 10pm showing. The line only had a couple dozen people in it at the time.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's why I like pre-orders. :pray:

We still got there an hour or so early, though... just to see the weird crowd, and to hopefully get all our seats together in one area...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:That's why I like pre-orders. :pray:

We still got there an hour or so early, though... just to see the weird crowd, and to hopefully get all our seats together in one area...
Pre-ordering your tickets is good, but since theatres are first-come, first-seated, you still need to arrive early. #-o Fortunately, we only had to stand in line for just over an hour.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:Check this out...ha ha. http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html
That's awesome. :hilarious:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Catspaw wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Anyway, what kind of mother would no longer have the will to live after giving birth to twins? :noway:
To me, it seemed like her will to live was connected to Anakin's descent into evil. Maybe after Anakin fully turned to the dark side, Padme felt it somehow in her spirit and that was part of the reason that she just couldn't go on anymore. This is just an idea, and it might be crazy, but it could be seen that Padme's death was the result of Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader and the dark side, and therefore only became inevitable after Anakin took the dark steps to save her. If he hadn't turned to the dark side, then maybe she wouldn't have needed to be saved. Does that make sense? :-k To me, it does, but I have been called weird in the past.
I completely agree...it was Anikin's fault that she died, even though ironically, he said he was doing it to save her. THat's what made it so depressing.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Frank wrote:Check this out...ha ha. http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html
I was laughing sooooooo hard that i started to cry.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Yoda totally kicks evil's rear!! I'm really glad he's gotten more action in the last two movies! Getting to use his lightsaber, to use good power from the force, and then of course, he's always wise and all cool looking.

Obi-Wan is my favorite character. I loved the scene where Anakin is burning to a cripsy Sith and Obi-Wan is screaming "I loved you!" and that he thought of him as a brother. I thought that scene was well acted.

I'm still not impressed with Hayden's acting though and I wanted Natalie Portman to have better scenes! Oh, she can't kick buns anymore because she's pregnant? Sheesh!

Most heart-breaking scene : Jedi younglings are hiding behind the counsel chairs and expect Anakin to help them and he MURDERS them. Ya, that made my eyes tear up a bit. ARGH.

Now I can understand how the guy can cut off his own son's arm and murder an innocent world full of people. He was evil!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

"You were suppose to be the chossen one!" Thats my favorite line
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I went to see it on the 19th at the 10 o'clock showing... awesome time... there was almost no one there! *dances around* Although, the 8 o'clock showing let out when my little brother was playing the star wars video game, and he left me with his lightsaber next to me. D'oh! Figures, there were lots of people who I knew there too... ](*,)

I liked padme's curly hair style... soooo cute! :anxious:

Anyway, it was good... and I'm still trying to figure out how princess Leia could possibly know what padme looked like... :-s

I know! I bet she saw pictures! That's my only logical explination.

Sarah
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sarah wrote:Anyway, it was good... and I'm still trying to figure out how princess Leia could possibly know what padme looked like... :-s

That's pretty much what I was guessing . . . although the general consensus around here seems to be that Leia was gifted with memory she never had. :-
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Sarah wrote:Anyway, it was good... and I'm still trying to figure out how princess Leia could possibly know what padme looked like... :-s

That's pretty much what I was guessing . . . although the general consensus around here seems to be that Leia was gifted with memory she never had. :-
I'm sticking with my picture theory. ;)

I was pondering something... why isn't that hottie Harrison Ford in ep. 3, and who's that ugly guy in the fashion faux paux black suit? Gah!

Disclaimer: I know the answer to both, but catspaw MADE me do it! Made me, I tell you, MADE ME! okay... so she dared me...

Sarah