"Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith" Discussion

**SPOILERS**

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What did you think of Episode III?

5 Stars - The best Star Wars film!
15%
4 Stars - The Force was with this movie
58%
3 Stars - Decent but unsatisfying
23%
2 Stars - Twisted by mediocrity, this movie was
4%
1 Star - I hate George Lucas
No votes

Total votes: 26

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's something that I was wondering about - Darth Sidious told Vader that he killed Padme, and he seemed to believe it. I would say that Vader indirectly killed Padme, but not directly. Does he spend the rest of his miserable, evil life thinking that he killed his wife? I feel so sorry for him! No matter how evil he is, that's a heavy burden to live with. It was weird hearing what the new Vader said right away - I associate the black suit with evil and uncaring, and instead he right away wanted to know about Padme. :mecry: I know I'm a sucker for sentimentality, but I found that sweet, in an odd kind of way.

It was also weird hearing Anakin being called Darth Vader before he had the suit - I had always thought that the dividing line was the point where Anakin the man was transformed into Darth Vader the half-machine, not earlier.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Also, before the newer ones, I always thought Obi Wan didn't know about Leia being Vader's daughter, since in ESB he said "That boy is our last hope..." or whatever.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Also, before the newer ones, I always thought Obi Wan didn't know about Leia being Vader's daughter, since in ESB he said "That boy is our last hope..." or whatever.
Maybe he's a sexist! Or he knows that Luke has a greater Force potential than Leia. :-k
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I thought General Grievous would come back more powerful, and I expected him to have a bit more back-story. In the end he ended up being just another Darth Maul.

Also, it would have been cool if Anakin battled After he became Vader (suit).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Thanks, but I'll stick to the original. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I think I like EK's better.

Jessicado won't throw such a fit like in the original movie. :noway:
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Well, Lucas is planning to air a live-action SW TV show that will take place between episode III and IV, which means we will see more of Vader, and perhaps some bit players that are overlooked like Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, and Jan Ors! :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

and princess shadowpaw
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eugene Kendall wrote:and princess shadowpaw
I do feel like George Lucas overlooked my role in the 6 movies he's created. When will someone tell my side of the story?? ](*,)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yeah....I mean why werent you included in episode 4,5,or 6
Sifo-Dyas
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Sifo-Dyas »

What about me? I am only briefly mentioned twice.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There's a possibility I'll get a chance to see it tonight! :mad:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I thought Greivous would be a good character! I was really dissapointed by his mortality! I didn't see the second volume of the animated series, so that might be what happened to him.

I also wanted to see Vader fight with his suit on!

I was relieved, but actually half dissapointed that Padme didn't have her hair like on the poster! Maybe it was in a deleted scene. Good thing it was deleted!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Princess Leia-esque hair was great! Except on Padme, the style seemed better - they didn't have the buns as severe. It actually looked good! \:D/ I liked some of the outfits and hairstyles. I have to admit that I really enjoy seeing which one of her millions of oufits that Padme will wear next! Of course, in this movie she didn't do that quite as much, since she was pregnant. Some of her hairstyles were still cool, though! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Haven't seen it yet...but I've heard it's the best out of the latest three.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I say it the 19th in the afternoon and it was great. I thought Greivous would be a little more freaky but he was still good. Yoda rocked in that movie! I loved when he just takes out the two red guards and it looks cool when he throws his lightsaber into a clone and then takes it out and kills another. R2 was also great. The lightsaber duels I felt like i needed to watch then in slow motion. overall a great movie.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Wow.

It was certainly more enjoyable than Episode I and II, but not as strong as any from the Original Trilogy. :noway: This episode, by far, was probably the toughest to write, as it had to make the final ties to Episode IV. In the end, George Lucas did a masterful job in tying together all the loose ends. However, my mom pointed out something Lucas may have forgotten. When Leia was older, all she could recall about her real mother was that "she was beautiful, but sad." I highly doubt Leia could've remembered that when, as portrayed in Episode III, Padme died shortly after Leia was born. :-k

While I enjoy the film, I was not impressed with the script. Too little dialogue, in my opinion, was written. I felt Anakin's switch from betraying the Chancellor to betraying the Jedi was far too sudden. Sure, Lucas would rationalize it by saying that the young Jedi Knight was enslaved by his fears and all that stuff, but I had hoped to see a more gradual transition. Oh well. #-o

Gotta love all the lightsaber action. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

He was the chosen one. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Maybe Leia was just referring to Mrs. Organa?