Books You Want to Read

...or recommend

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I want to read The Scarlet Pimpernel

I recommend Fever 1793 (very good book! I just finished it)

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

snowflake wrote:
I recommend Fever 1793 (very good book! I just finished it)
I agree! Very good book!

I recommend any Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew books! Always an excellent read.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

left behind the kids is great! Also, if you are looking for very far-out, funny, easy to read, fictional books I recommend Dan Gutman's books, especially 'the kid who ran for president' and 'the kid who became president'. They are hilarious. \:D/ Nancy drew and hardy boys books are good too.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I have two books I can't recommend enough.

1. 'The Westing Game' by Ellen Raskin. This is probably one of the best (and funniest) mysterys I have ever read. The characters are well formed, and Turtle is a riot.

2. 'Awake and Dreaming' by Kit Pearson. I love this book so much, because you really get to care about Theo and what happens to her. I also love Cecily, because when she was a little girl she sounded just like me. And the very best part was Theo and Cecily's final conversation. What Cecily said about writers and writing was BANG ON. However, I must warn you that this book can get rather angsty at parts.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings