Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

*beware of possible spoilers*

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I got this thing about what www.snitchseeker.com says will happen in book 7. see what you think:

(i don't really agree with all of it...)
Book 7 Plot Theories

Harry will return to the Dursley’s, keeping his promise to Dumbledore. The duration of his stay will be short, only remaining long enough to renew the charm upon him for the final time. He will tell the Dursley’s that he will never see them again. Uncle Vernon will be ecstatic, but Aunt Petunia may possibly reveal a side of her that we have never seen before, maybe showing that she knows far more than she lets on, and possibly reveals something important about Lily.

He will then travel to the Burrow along with Hermione, and meet all of the Weasley family that are there for Bill and Fleur’s wedding. It will be in the garden of the house and a simple family affair. Harry will find it hard being around Ginny who clearly still wants to be with him, but she does understand what his reasons are and respects and admires him for that, as does Mrs. Weasley. Harry definitely wants to be with her too, but his worry that she will come to harm because of him assures him of his decision.

Hogwarts will re-open but the number of students that return is smaller than most years. Some parents will be to afraid to separate their families, especially now that Dumbledore is gone. Professor McGonagall will become Headmistress of the school. Professor Slughorn will stay on as potions master and become Slytherin Head of House. He may become slightly less selective and elitist, after being so wrong about two of his ‘favourites’. Hagrid will become the Gryffindor Head of House, and Grawp will play a part in the story line. The post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher will be taken by an Auror and will teach the class much more practical defence.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny will all return to school, along with Neville and Luna. The trio will use all the resources that the school has to offer to try and track down the Horcruxes, not really interested in finishing their education, though McGonagall will try and make the school run as normal as possible. Harry will visit Dumbledore’s painting for advice and possibly find clues and help that Dumbledore left behind to aid him. Ginny, Neville and Luna will try to help but Harry won’t let them, fearing for their safety, though they protest vehemently and still try. Harry is still slightly uneasy even about Ron and Hermione’s help, though he realises he needs their talents to help him and that they are stronger together. In the holidays they use that time to try and hunt down the Horcruxes, as they are now of age and can use magic freely. They possibly travel to Grimmauld place (remember there was a locket there) maybe left by Regulus, and maybe Godric’s Hollow.

The final battle between Harry and Voldemort will take place at Hogwarts. Voldemort will be defeated at the hands of Harry, though a lot of people will fight. Snape will play an integral role in the whole of this, but as to what side he will end up on we are not sure of until the very end. Harry’s scar will disappear, severing his link with Voldemort forever. Ron and Hermione will get together, as will Harry and Ginny.

The final chapter of the book will be like an epilogue, or will at least answer all the lingering questions that we have. We find out about what happens to all the characters, more about Harry’s family throughout the book, and what happens to them all after they leave Hogwarts.

Then we all cry because it’s over…
(taken from http://www.snitchseeker.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=27276 ) :D

edited to quote text. ~sh
Anne Doyle
Green is good

Post by Anne Doyle »

I don't follow HP very much, but I can't believe they have another book coming out! Will this follow him until he's got kids and stuff? :headscratch:
На фоне синего Skys, ссылку из прошлого в будущее, под крыльями убежище защитников.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Anne Doyle wrote:I don't follow HP very much, but I can't believe they have another book coming out! Will this follow him until he's got kids and stuff? :headscratch:
It's the seventh and final book of the series. While there will be more movies there will not be any more books.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Somethings not quite right about it. I recall JK saying that theirs going to be a lot of people "getting the axe" so to speak. A lot of that makes sence though it just seems like something one could guess and be very sure about.

I dont know I just see that their would be far more to it then that.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:Somethings not quite right about it. I recall JK saying that theirs going to be a lot of people "getting the axe" so to speak. A lot of that makes sence though it just seems like something one could guess and be very sure about.

I dont know I just see that their would be far more to it then that.

Lord Sesshoumaru
I didn't read the blurb, but I'm under the impression its only theories and none of it is actually spoilerish. Even the artist hasn't received any clues about what the book contains and only a handful were privileged enough to read book 6 before it was released (editors and such). Which is actually one of the nice advantages with books. On movies, tv shows and other things, so many people are involved that so many spoilers get released to the public. In this case, where everything is coming from one person's head onto one source, it's a lot easier to keep every detail under wraps. I've very much looking forward to the conclusion, and hope it lives up to everything we've read thus far (and she's never disappointed me... though Order of the Phoenix I think was way too long). But I can't wait for the book! And of course the movie. :)
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Our family is really looking forward to reading the new book. I agree with Shadowpaw that Rowling has not let us down yet.

Our main theory is that Harry is one of the horcruxes that he is out to locate and destroy and he in the end will need to be destroyed as well.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've never really bought into the Harry is a Horcrux theory. If he is all he may have to do is go through the veil in the Ministry of magic to have that bit destroyed. Harry hasn't had his journey to the underworld as is common in these types of stories. I think we're going to hear a lot more of four founders as the titles is named Deathly Hallows.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Thursday Next wrote:I've never really bought into the Harry is a Horcrux theory. If he is all he may have to do is go through the veil in the Ministry of magic to have that bit destroyed. Harry hasn't had his journey to the underworld as is common in these types of stories. I think we're going to hear a lot more of four founders as the titles is named Deathly Hallows.
you know I havent bought into that theory either but as I recall I believe JK has once said that she is going to make it so that their are no more sequals to the HP series. and haveing harry as a hourcrux and dieing would be a good way to end it, lest as far as the no more sequals part. Also concidering someone does do some sort of "oh look we can brign back the dead now" thing.

Even with stateing that I dont think Harry is going to die, get serriously hurt yeah but I dont think he'll die.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

She's never said that. She was asked if she was going to write prequels,
Bobby: Any thoughts about a prequel series?
JK Rowling replies -> No, no prequels here. You won't need them by the time I've finished, you'll have all the back story you'll need!
She's also been asked if she's going to write an eighth book, but that if she did it would be for charity and it would be an encyclopedia.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

That would be really cool if there was an encyclopedia. It would be an ideal thing for a major fan. I just finished reading a book called "The Science of Harry Potter" by Roger Highfield. It was really cool, but it was mainly about how nearly all of the extraordinary magic in the books is actually possible with our technology now. I recommend it. :D
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Book 7 gets released 7/21...I can't wait.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thursday Next wrote:Book 7 gets released 7/21...I can't wait.
Me either!!! \:D/
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

I can't wait, i've been dieing to read Deathly Hallows since Half-Blood Prince came out, i bet Ron and Hermione will get together(finally! \:D/ ) and then one of them will die, which will cause we to cry alot, just like i did when Sirius fell through the Veil in the Department of Mysteries.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

querida wrote:I can't wait, i've been dieing to read Deathly Hallows since Half-Blood Prince came out, i bet Ron and Hermione will get together(finally! \:D/ ) and then one of them will die, which will cause we to cry alot, just like i did when Sirius fell through the Veil in the Department of Mysteries.
I'm no fan of the Hermione, ron thing. perhaps it's just caus eI dont like ron but I'm just not a fan of it.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised is Sirus would be back for book 7. I say so because why would it be importent for Harry and Luna to hear voices from the veil if Sirius wasent going to come back or help Harry nin some sort of way.

Just my two cents
Lord Sesshoumaru
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I can't wait for the book to be relased but it will also be sad to know that the serries is over. But im glad that they will still be making more movies
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

I think that Harry will die, but i think voldemort will die with him.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The book covers were released yesterday. You can find them here: http://www.wizardnews.com/story.20070328.html
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

*groans in frustration* I'm gonna be out of the country when Book #7 comes out... I have to wait an extra 1 week to read it ](*,) .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

movieman85 wrote:*groans in frustration* I'm gonna be out of the country when Book #7 comes out... I have to wait an extra 1 week to read it ](*,) .
That's all right you're in good company. I order the UK edition from Canada and it will be about a week before I get it.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Thursday Next wrote:
movieman85 wrote:*groans in frustration* I'm gonna be out of the country when Book #7 comes out... I have to wait an extra 1 week to read it ](*,) .
That's all right you're in good company. I order the UK edition from Canada and it will be about a week before I get it.
Along those lines, do we have any release dates for the UK edition? I'm going to be in Italy when the final book is released and quite some time thereafter, so I'm curious as to where to obtain it and when it will become available.