Pet Peeves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bearliz wrote:-Getting sunburmed on a cloudy day.
Isn't there a song like that?

I've got sunburns... on a cloudy day...
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

i think that's what you meant
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Heh, sounds like the Emperor from "The Emperor's New Groove."

No touchy! No... touchy!
That's me!

I have a larger personal bubble than some people, and I don't like it when people get in my face or into my personal comfort zone. I hate in when people decide that it's their personal mission in life to make me think that having lots of people near me is good, when it just makes me more stubborn and annoyed! :insane: SO BACK OFF!

I feel better now that I've ranted a bit. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Heh, sounds like the Emperor from "The Emperor's New Groove."

No touchy! No... touchy!
:slap: No touchy! :noway:
Catspaw wrote: That's me!

I have a larger personal bubble than some people, and I don't like it when people get in my face or into my personal comfort zone. I hate in when people decide that it's their personal mission in life to make me think that having lots of people near me is good, when it just makes me more stubborn and annoyed! :insane: SO BACK OFF!

I feel better now that I've ranted a bit. ;)
:hug: You could be talking about me. Don't you love it how you can do emoticons like the hug one online and you don't really have to touch the person? :D
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My real pet peeve is certain people trying to hug me! People I don't like or even feel comfortable with! I'm a sort of touch me not.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Oooo, that's true. I can't stand people invading my space. =;
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

My brother and sister when they fight.. =;
...I hate marquees.
Linne

Post by Linne »

How true.

I also can't stand how I'm always sore right after doing something that's not particularly stressful.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My brothers are always wrestling on the floor...or in their beds...or on the trampoline. I don't know why I never break it up.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Is it just wrestling or are they actully fighting?
...I hate marquees.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Another pet peeve of mine is needing to use the bathroom and not knowing where one it.

Does anyone know how to say "Where is the bathroom" in Spanish? I'm using my laptop at a VERY authentic mexican resturant. They will kick you out if you speak english. *tsks*
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Clutter of any kind :noway:
LovedbyGod wrote:Another pet peeve of mine is needing to use the bathroom and not knowing where one it.
That would be your problem, would it not? :lol:

Too bad it's not a truth. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Or it would be the problem of whoever had to clean up my mess. OK, that was gross.

AHHH! RUns for life.

I am also annoyed by cockiness in people. Girls, guys, it's a very unattractive thing.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

J-man wrote:Is it just wrestling or are they actully fighting?
They're just wrestling...you know...little boys...they just need to "fight" something.

I can't stand it when people use the word "thongs" in place of "flip-flops". Did you bring your thongs, deary?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

- Being late for an important event
LovedbyGod wrote:Or it would be the problem of *bleepity bleep bleep bleep*. OK, that was gross.
:-#
LovedbyGod wrote:I am also annoyed by cockiness in people. Girls, guys, it's a very unattractive thing.
Amen. :pray:
Frank wrote:I can't stand it when people use the word "thongs" in place of "flip-flops". Did you bring your thongs, deary?
:thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne

Post by Linne »

Right now my two pet peeves are

-Volleyball coachs who cause swollen wrists because they hit the ball hard
-Music I loaded on the computer that "skips", it's blanks and goes quiet for a couple seconds.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:I can't stand it when people use the word "thongs" in place of "flip-flops". Did you bring your thongs, deary?
I always called them thongs when I was little. I lived in them every summer. :anxious:
Since then I've learned that it might be better to use another term. ](*,)
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

NEW ONE!! I HATE, ABSOLUTELY HATE, REPEATING MYSELF....especially when you can tell the person is barley listening to you anyway!!

there...i'm better now