Pet Peeves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

dancer02248 wrote:ugh... frodo ialso HATE when people read over my shoulder

i also hate when i'm on the computer, and someone wathes the screen while standing over my shoulder

it makes me sooooo mad
Yeah. :insane:
Priscilla

<><
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

People talking outside my room door when I'm trying to sleep.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

People who turn on loud music or a dumb video when I'm trying to read. I can't read with that much noise..
...I hate marquees.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

people talking really loud in the room where your watching T.V., or talking on the phone when you were in that room first watching T.V.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

The electricity going out becuase of a thunderstorm. :shock: No computer, no CD player, NO LIFE!!!! :)

Actually there are plenty of other things to do that don't require electricity but it is quite annoying when you can't heat up a quick dinner in the microwave, due to no power.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

People walking into my room and staring at what I'm doing from behind when I'm trying to work. :p
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Dr. Watson wrote:The electricity going out becuase of a thunderstorm. :shock: No computer, no CD player, NO LIFE!!!! :)

Actually there are plenty of other things to do that don't require electricity but it is quite annoying when you can't heat up a quick dinner in the microwave, due to no power.
That's what the laptop is for. heh.

I must agree. It really annoys me when people feel the need to look over my shoulder whilst I am on the computer. Tis most annoying.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Me wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:The electricity going out becuase of a thunderstorm. :shock: No computer, no CD player, NO LIFE!!!! :)

That's what the laptop is for. heh.
If one is privileged to have such a machine, yes.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

It is also distracting. The worst is when someone just walks by and stops to stare at what you're doing, dosen't even talk to you just stares as if they know whta you're doing, when if fact they don't have a clue.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:I must agree. It really annoys me when people feel the need to look over my shoulder whilst I am on the computer. Tis most annoying.
Two more things to add to the people stopping and staring...

People asking what you're doing. I'm referring to 1) People who don't know how to use the computer and thus don't get your explanation anyway and 2) People who are being nosy in order to pester you somehow.

People looking at what you're doing and then taunting you (little bro ](*,)).
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

When people read off my screen, telling me my spelling errors or somebody else's in my email or what-not.

People talking in the middle of movies picking everything apart! #-o For goodness sakes! It's only a movie! << That's my brother. He just doesn't get it. ](*,)
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

When people start topics you wanted to.

When people start laughing and just keep on laugh and you have no idea why.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

i hate it when one of my "friends" is stupidly flirting w/ another guy! They follows him around and when they tell that one guy somthing and doesn't tell anybody else! it drives me :insane:

:lolsign:
*returns*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It is also distracting. The worst is when someone just walks by and stops to stare at what you're doing, dosen't even talk to you just stares as if they know whta you're doing, when if fact they don't have a clue.
Especially if you're practicing the piano or working on an assignment. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I'll agree with that. I can't stand someone hanging over me while I'm working. *Decides to tell that to the guy next to her on history* Also, have you ever had a friend who changes the subject right in the middle of a conversation? It's really annoying!
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I hate it when people spit all over me when they talk. I also am annoyed when people sneak up behind me and cough or something, completely startling and interrupting me.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

You mean like when I sneak up behind you with a can of compressed air?

When a client wants something but doesn't want to pay for it, or when they ask you to do something, but don't know how they want it done, then complain about it later.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

Me wrote:You mean like when I sneak up behind you with a can of compressed air?
Exactly. :shame:
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

Well, there's people who stick their heads in a door and say, "Knock, knock!!" I find that annoying...

People who look over my shoulder while I'm IMing and tell me what to say.

And my #1... I haaaate it when I'm watching a movie with friends, and we've all seen the movie about 10 times, and we start cracking little jokes, and someone (who has seen the movie 10 times) says. "SHUT UP!! I'm watching the movie!!" THEY'VE SEEN IT TEN STINKIN' TIMES!!!!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

People who look over my shoulder while I'm IMing and tell me what to say.

along those lines i hate when my parents always ask what my relatives away messages say when i get online,

or when you tell your parents that someone said to say hi to them , and they tell you this long thing to type them when you're the one online with the person...confusing...you amy know what i mean