Pet Peeves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Bearliz wrote:Oh, one of my biggest pet peeves: Pop-up ads! Oh, those are the most annoying thing on the face of the planet!
Yup...pop-up ads and broken links. Grrrrr....
Amen, and you can add spam to that list. :boohoo:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Agreed. Especially spam from the same person over and over again and you can't figure out a way to blcok them. :-k
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Me wrote:That's why I use ctrl+f to bring up the find window (or bar in firefox). If the text can't be found, I just move on.

I did not know that!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugene Blackgaard :protest:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I hate it when all girls talk about is boys!! How they look, how they smell, "did he look at me?", "what should I say", and generally going ga-ga over someone who doesn't even know they exsist... all I can do is sit there pretending to listen and try to stop from hurling my cookies!

Ok ok, boys have their place in the conversation, but please! try to think about something else every once in a while! Like, I don't know... the weather? International politics?!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

LovedbyGod wrote:I hate it when all girls talk about is boys!! How they look, how they smell, "did he look at me?", "what should I say", and generally going ga-ga over someone who doesn't even know they exsist... all I can do is sit there pretending to listen and try to stop from hurling my cookies!

Ok ok, boys have their place in the conversation, but please! try to think about something else every once in a while! Like, I don't know... the weather? International politics?!
hear, hear. It is quite silly, actually for gels to go crazy over boys, and it is immature as well.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

More:

Having sticky fingers when I'm trying to type on the keyboard and knowing I'm going to get busted if this stuff doesn't come off!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:I hate it when all girls talk about is boys!! How they look, how they smell, "did he look at me?", "what should I say", and generally going ga-ga over someone who doesn't even know they exsist... all I can do is sit there pretending to listen and try to stop from hurling my cookies!

Amen. :pray:

-When people finish off a toilet paper roll and don't replace it! :anxious:

:thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne

Post by Linne »

Oh my goodness, most cetainly! Whatever happened to guys and girls just being friends? Well, everywhere but my church anyway, we're all one big...uh...happy...family. Sometimes happy. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yes! Yes! :mad:

Younger girls waste SO much time talking about guys who don't even THINK about having crushes yet. To the guys, those giggling creatures over there are still full of cooties. :noway:

Oh yeah, and after that, girls STILL spend way too much time obsessing over guys. GET OVER IT! Don't even THINK about a guy that way unless you're ready to get engaged. You'll save yourself so much time and trouble. :-#
Linne

Post by Linne »

Amen sister. Watching Jr. Highers obsess over their "boyfriend" breaking up with them is so weird.

Another pet peeve....when people wake you up when you were about to get to the good part of the dream. :shame:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:Another pet peeve....when people wake you up when you were about to get to the good part of the dream. :shame:
Amen. :pray: Of course waking up in general is a pet peeve of mine. :noway:

-When coaches, parents, and players scream "Offside ref!" or "Handball!" or other such exclamations during a soccer game... particularly when I'm the ref. :shame:

-Insane coaches, the ones who go ballistic over every little detail. ](*,)
Linne

Post by Linne »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bearliz wrote:Another pet peeve....when people wake you up when you were about to get to the good part of the dream. :shame:
How true. And you know what else? You tell someone, in plain English, that the door is locked, and they gom and try to open it. Do they think they can magically open it? :-s

Or when waiters/esses fill up your water every two minutes. WHY? I wasn't even an 1/8 of the way done!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bearliz wrote:Amen sister. Watching Jr. Highers obsess over their "boyfriend" breaking up with them is so weird.
And they take it so seriously. :roll: Younger girls think I'm crazy when I tell them to forget about guys. :anxious: It's not like I wasn't just their age a couple years ago! :mad:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
I wouldn't have thought to say that one. You're absolutely right. :yes:

Lately I've been waking up early when I've only had like 4-5 hours sleep and I can't go back to sleep! :insane: I'm always tired. :mecry:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I've had a total of 11 hours of sleep the past couple days. #-o

-An overload of homework :-#
-Uncooperative kids at swimming lessons ](*,)
Linne

Post by Linne »

Chandler wrote:
Bearliz wrote:Amen sister. Watching Jr. Highers obsess over their "boyfriend" breaking up with them is so weird.
And they take it so seriously. :roll: Younger girls think I'm crazy when I tell them to forget about guys. :anxious: It's not like I wasn't just their age a couple years ago! :mad:

Exactly. They don't improve much with age though. ]I sound like I'm an old person looking abck on my life. :roll: Oh well, I just don't swoon over guys the same way, so I feel more mature. O:)
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

Lately I've been waking up early when I've only had like 4-5 hours sleep and I can't go back to sleep! :insane: I'm always tired. :mecry:
Awww. :hug: I can sympathize.
Trent DeWhite wrote:I've had a total of 11 hours of sleep the past couple days.

-An overload of homework
-Uncooperative kids at swimming lessons
With that too. Uncooperative kids at camp, but same difference. :D

And when people look at their wrists when asking for the time. I know where I keep me watch. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Sun burns
-Mosquitoes

#-o
Bearliz wrote:

-An overload of homework
Indeed, uncooperative kids are never much fun. :noway:

No, Mom, I'm not getting off the computer!! :anxious:
Bearliz wrote:And when people look at their wrists when asking for the time. I know where I keep me watch. :)
People do that to you? :-s If I don't know the time, I'll simply ask or look for a clock. O:)
Linne

Post by Linne »

Trent DeWhite wrote:-Sun burns
-Mosquitoes

#-o
That reminds me of something...Campers: Natures way of feeding mosquitos.
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bearliz wrote:

-An overload of homework

:hilarious:

*When your back itches and you just...can't...reach it.
*Museum employees who think all kids are out to break everything, when all you wer doing was walking by.
*Those little subscriptions/ads that are stuck inside magazines.
*The flashlights always work, except when there's a power outage.

You know, it's really amazing that I'm as cheerful as I am. O:)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Road rage. I don't understand why people get so furious when driving. :shrugs:
Bearliz wrote:Exactly. They don't improve much with age though. ]I sound like I'm an old person looking abck on my life. :roll: Oh well, I just don't swoon over guys the same way, so I feel more mature. O:)
I feel like that sometimes. :anxious: You know... the older generation really does have a lot of wisdom to share with the younger one... they've all been there done that but we seem to think that we're the first ones to experience everything. :thud:
If you need evidence of this, witness parents with their first child. They call everyone the first time they roll over, take a million pictures, are ready to panic when they aren't really talking about 1 1/2 years of age, and think their docile child is hyperactive because they don't have any comparison.
Whoa, I'm really off on a tangent here! :lol: :offtopic:
That reminds me of a joke...

"I have five siblings, three sisters and two brothers. One night I was chatting with my Mom about how she had changed as a mother from the first child to the last. She told me she had mellowed a lot over the years: 'When your oldest sister coughed or sneezed, I called the ambulance. When your youngest brother swallowed a dime, I just told him it was coming out of his allowance'."
Bearliz wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

Awww. :hug: I can sympathize.
:hug: You're sweet. :)
*wonders how that affects your swimming and refereeing skills* :-
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bearliz wrote:With that too. Uncooperative kids at camp, but same difference. :D

:slap: You're not allowed to bug my house. :noway:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Chandler wrote:
Younger girls waste SO much time talking about guys who don't even THINK about having crushes yet. To the guys, those giggling creatures over there are still full of cooties. :noway:
Bwahaha that is so true.. :lol:
...I hate marquees.