Pet Peeves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It is also distracting. The worst is when someone just walks by and stops to stare at what you're doing, dosen't even talk to you just stares as if they know whta you're doing, when if fact they don't have a clue.
Especially if you're practicing the piano
That's the best way to get me to mess up. #-o I can't stand scrutiny on my piano playing when I'm just trying to practice. ](*,)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Guys who cat call and yell out really innapropriate things while I am driving my car. Yeah, that is so attractive. It makes me really want to pull over and meet you......... =;
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

WHen you are researching something on Google, and you see a little of the text you need and you click on the link to discover a huge long website that you have to sift through to find the info you need. So you do a brief skimover waiting for the info to jump out at you.....but it doesn't. SO you go abck to the top and then read through more indepth....only to still not find the info. You might repeat this a few times before you get frustrated and then finally click back to your orignal search on google where you will see the link with the text you oh-so-desire just teasing you......you try some of the other links, but they are not as good as the first one!!!! So you go back and try and, and still can't find the info...........

Very annoying!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

That's why I use ctrl+f to bring up the find window (or bar in firefox). If the text can't be found, I just move on.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It is also distracting. The worst is when someone just walks by and stops to stare at what you're doing, dosen't even talk to you just stares as if they know whta you're doing, when if fact they don't have a clue.
That's the best way to get me to mess up. #-o I can't stand scrutiny on my piano playing when I'm just trying to practice. ](*,)
Me neither. ](*,)
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Sputnik wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me neither. ](*,)
You practice Sputnick? I would never have known!!
Priscilla

<><
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

:-$
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Being ill, friends being ill.
Priscilla

<><
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

i hate watching other people eat popcorn. i absolutely hate it when they grab a big handful and shove it into their mouth. i on the other hand eat popcorn one or two peices at a time. that is my pet peeve, or one of them.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

jessicado wrote:WHen you are researching something on Google, and you see a little of the text you need and you click on the link to discover a huge long website that you have to sift through to find the info you need. So you do a brief skimover waiting for the info to jump out at you.....but it doesn't. SO you go abck to the top and then read through more indepth....only to still not find the info. You might repeat this a few times before you get frustrated and then finally click back to your orignal search on google where you will see the link with the text you oh-so-desire just teasing you......you try some of the other links, but they are not as good as the first one!!!! So you go back and try and, and still can't find the info...........

Very annoying!
it's soo funny that you say *or wrote* that because i was just saying that to my dad the other day about how that happens to me all the time and makes me sooooooo mad :insane:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Let's see...on message boards, my pet peeves are people who don't use correct grammer and spelling or type in all CAPS ALL THE TIME! Now, I know I'm not the world's best speller...in fact, I'm pretty terrible at it...but common people, capitalize GOD! It is a proper name right? God not god! ARGH! *gets worked up*

Bad language in real life also peeves me...I think smart people can use better words!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

Argh, I can't stand it when people stare at me while I'm practicing! The most annoying thing ever!

Also, People Who Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence When They Are Typing. And people who capitalize the FIrst TWo LEtters.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Things that annoy me.........or at least some of them:

People who will talk on their cell phone in the movies, people hitting the back of my seat in the car or planes or buesse, people asking me the same questions over and over, people who decided they're going to get in between me and the car in front of me (even if there isn't room for them to safely do so) then slow down below the speed limit, people who cut in front of me in traffic just in time to have to slam on their breaks for a red light, people blasting their car stereos so loud that anyone in a 5 block radius could hear their music, people making plans for me without ever consulting me about the plans.........then telling me what I will be doing.

That's just the ones I can think of right now, I'm sure there are tons more.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

- Kids who do not have to do any household chores.

- People who make fun of homeschooling/homeschoolers

- People being sarcastic in a mean way

- People being "funny" in a mean way
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

LovedbyGod wrote:- Kids who do not have to do any household chores.
There are such people?!?!?! *Indignant face*
LovedbyGod wrote:- People who make fun of homeschooling/homeschoolers
Homeschoolers are way smarter, that's the only reason they do.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I went to a Christian school for 7 years and I can say with confidence that I read way better that some of the Homeschoolers I know..
Maybe I'm just abnormal.. :D
...I hate marquees.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Well...I'll give Christian school's a little lee-way, (seeing as how I now go to one) but home-schooler's are awesome! No one shall sway me! :noway:

:offtopic: I just realized how impossible it is for me to actually leave when I say I'm going to....
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

J-man wrote:I went to a Christian school for 7 years and I can say with confidence that I read way better that some of the Homeschoolers I know..
Maybe I'm just abnormal.. :D
Christian schools are good, but nothing beats being taught by your mommy. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne

Post by Linne »

Oh, one of my biggest pet peeves: Pop-up ads! Oh, those are the most annoying thing on the face of the planet!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Bearliz wrote:Oh, one of my biggest pet peeves: Pop-up ads! Oh, those are the most annoying thing on the face of the planet!
Yup...pop-up ads and broken links. Grrrrr....