Phobias

Gimp doesn't recall seeing this thread.........yet

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

tight spaces
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Claustrophobic, you are. :)

Don't be ashamed, I'm somewhat of a claustrophobe myself. :-$
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Me too. But it's inherited, in my case. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Don't be ashamed, I'm somewhat of a claustrophobe myself. :-$
*gives Trent a huge bear hug*
:hug:

I suffer from vaderphobia. :( I can't stand the way he cuts off Luke's hand! ](*,) Luke is so cool! He shouldn't be without a hand. :(
Why don't we see more of Luke in this recent movie? He's the hero of the next 3... I think people wanted to see more of him when he was young. :noway:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Chandler??? Did you just see ROTS or something? You seem...oddly obsessed with Luke Skywalker in all these posts. :anxious:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Since my family is in the truck driving business (my big brother, my grandpa (retired), my step-dad, two of my cousins) I'm sure it's just a temporary fear..........but I am terrified of trucks (18-wheelers).

If they're parked in a truck stop or something like that it's all well and good............but if they're moving down the interstate, I'm near deathly afraid of them..........and for good reason.

But as I said before, I'm sure it's just a temporary fear that will pass soon.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I'm sort-of-kind-of-not-really-anymore acrophobic. And some sort of wierd hydrophobia variant dependent on whether I can see the bottom of the water or not... as in if I can't it scares me to death to swim in it.
>_<;; I blame platform games, personally, for the last one. yeah.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Chandler wrote:I suffer from vaderphobia. :( I can't stand the way he cuts off Luke's hand! ](*,) Luke is so cool! He shouldn't be without a hand. :(
Why don't we see more of Luke in this recent movie? He's the hero of the next 3... I think people wanted to see more of him when he was young. :noway:
I have a fear of Mark Hamil. (or whatever the actor's name is) He's very creepy...especially when he's clinging to that pole over that chasm. That bunny-like face that he makes...wooh. Scary.

I'm also scared of dark hallways. (maybe I said that before...oh well...I don't want to sift through five pages to see.)
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

It seems Chandler has developed a sudden infatuation on Luke... ;) ahem.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Amy
Fourscore and seven

Post by Amy »

I'm scared of being in confined spaces where I go in and realize I might not be able to get back out. And I'm also afraid of swimming to the middle of a spring, cause at first when you look own it looks normal, but then once you get to the middle the ground drops off into nothing, and the water is bubbling and swirling *shudders* it's scary!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:
Chandler wrote:I suffer from vaderphobia. :( I can't stand the way he cuts off Luke's hand! ](*,) Luke is so cool! He shouldn't be without a hand. :(
I have a fear of Mark Hamil. (or whatever the actor's name is) He's very creepy...especially when he's clinging to that pole over that chasm. That bunny-like face that he makes...wooh. Scary.
:hilarious:
I'm scared of his hairstyle. I can't believe anyone thought the guy looked cute! :thud:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:It seems Chandler has developed a sudden infatuation on Luke... ;) ahem.
:slap: It was a dare. You have Catspaw to thank for that. :noway:
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Enlight of the new Batman movie which i absolutely loved by the way.

What do you fear most? Spider, animals guns the dark? Well whatever it is I want to hear it.

I dont fear much things but i guess I fear the possibility of dissapointing someone. I try to please people all the time. Oh yeah Spiders YUCKY!!
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

The one thing I fear the most: getting shots... I don't know why but I had that ever since I was little and it never left me. *shudders*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

For those of you who don't like heights, I'll describe a ride at Six Flags that you'd just love! :badgrin:

It's called.....Acrophobia. A 200-ft. tall tower, with a ring of seats around it that's taken to the very top then dropped! It was great! :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laura Ingalls wrote:It's called.....Acrophobia. A 200-ft. tall tower, with a ring of seats around it that's taken to the very top then dropped! It was great! :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I'm scared of having to eat things I don't like. For some reason, that makes me so nervous and sweaty.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laura Ingalls wrote:It's called.....Acrophobia. A 200-ft. tall tower, with a ring of seats around it that's taken to the very top then dropped! It was great! :)
I've been on a ride like that! \:D/ It's great!! =D>
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

im afraid of people, libraries, and buses..
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

GreenDragon wrote:im afraid of people, libraries, and buses..
You're afraid of people? Not me, right? ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I'm afraid of spiders, pranks at camp, EK at camp, high narrow places, bugs, and anything else that makes me afraid...like scary movies.