Shrek 3

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Shrek 3

Post by Fei »

I went to the movies yesterday and say a poster for Shrrek 3. Will any of you see it?
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

As long as the preview looks okay then I'll probably go see it.

They are planning a fourth one too.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

shrek 1 was good but shrek 2 was too much and shrek 3 is gonna be wayy tooo much..
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

John Krasinski does one of the voices, so I'm definitely going to see it! \:D/ ;)

I'll need to see previews first - that's usually how I determine what movies I do and don't want to see. Bad preview = I won't see it.

Sarah
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I probably won't, simply b/c me and movie theaters aren't a good match. They have a lot to live up to, that's for sure.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The first two were fairly entertaining, so I will see the third one at some point, but I doubt that it will be in theatres, unless I hear some really good things. I don't think that it's out until May sometime, so I have lots of time to decide. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

No. I am not a fan of the Shrek movies, which is sad because I love Mike Myers and would support almost anything he does. Except Shrek. :(

I just think they're annoying, and I dislike animated movies with pop-culture references that people will not get in ten years.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

But it's still funny inbetween. ;) I would never claim that they're classics or that they'll last forever. They are far from timeless. I plan to enjoy them while they last, however. \:D/ Some of the references won't be lost as quickly - Little Red Riding Hood and The Little Mermaid spoofs will be recognized more than ten years from now, even if some other jokes will lose their humour.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'll definitely see the movie, but probably not in the theater. I really liked the first two. They're so hilarious! :lol:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I didn't realize that they were making another one. :anxious: I saw the first one with my cousins, that was interesting. And I saw part, but not the whole, of the second, but I didn't really like what I saw. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I heard somewhere that they were also making another movie starring that "Puss 'n Boots" cat from Shrek 2. That might be what Shrek 4 is, but I think it's actually a separate movie.

I saw the first one. Meh, it was alright. I don't really get what all the hype is about, though. I only remember laughing once in the entire movie. I'm not a huge fan of all the pop culture/bathroom humor, and that was basically all the movie had going for it. That said, I do want to see Shrek 2 sometime. But I don't think it deserves to have so many sequels. However, considering that the Shrek movies are the only films that have done well at the Box Office for Dreamworks, I suspect that 3 and 4 won't be the end of the series... :roll:
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've never seen Shrek, but I've seen the last half of Shrek 2. :anxious: I don't think I'd go rent the movies or anything though. Some parts seemed a bit unnecessary. :?
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

Shrek was funny and good, but Shrek 2 was too cheesy and weird for my taste. Evil godmother and all.
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Shrek 2 had some issues that I didn't care for but it was defidently cheesier yet I love cheesiness and I thought it was very funny.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I heard there's a trailer for it coming along soon.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I'm sure the trailer will come out years prior to the release of the movie in theaters.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I will ABSOLUTLY see it I loved the first two shreks! (actully the second WAS cheesy) but we (my family except mom) Can quote basicly the WHOLE first shrek! IT was so hillarious! \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I enjoyed both Shrek movies. I will probably see the third, especially if it continues with the voices from movies 1 and 2. Shrek is one of the few movies for kids that doesn't put me to sleep.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Comet wrote:And I saw part, but not the whole, of the second, but I didn't really like what I saw. :(
Bleah, I didn't like it either. :( It's just got too much adult humor for me - though most people say it was meant for adults - I don't care... It was just too... crude and such for me.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »