Adventures in Odyssey Novels

Do you have any of them? Ever read them?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Adventures in Odyssey Novels

Post by Macnut »

I was listening to the AIO Podcast and was wondering have ya'll heard any of the Adventure in Odyssey Novels? Have you read them? What do you think? I believe I have seen them but I haven't read 'em.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have all twelve, plus the three reprints. I bought the twelve separately originally because they were going out of print and I wanted to have them in my AIO collection. I have not read them, too many other books to read. Hopefully I will get to them someday. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I own all twelve, although they're now in my brother's collection of books. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I don't own them, but I have read them all from the library and they're alright, but I'd prefer if they involved the AIO characters from the radio drama other than just Mr. Whittaker :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

My older brother owns all of them, though I must sadly admit, I've never read a single one. #-o
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

I've read the books in Strange Journey Back, I liked 'em!

I found it interesting seeing how Whit's End works before Connie and the other characters come in. The new 4-books-in-1 "mega book" thing is a better value too, so I'm glad for that.

I've passed on a couple of the books to my 12-year-old brother, who likes them a lot he said. Though he liked Passages better...

Peace,
-king shasta
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Yes, I have read all 12 novels and the Passages series at least twice a long time ago.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have most of the old AIO books from back when they were first published, and I used to really like them, though it's been too long for me to be able to say how good I would still think that they were. I thinbk at the end of the last book they introduce Connie to kind of connect it in with the regular series, which is nice. I remember Mark Prescott, but I can't remember the name of the girl in the first few books...Patty maybe? I like the Passages books better, I think, but they are rather different.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I am ready for book #6 and we don't have #s 7 and 9 I think.

They are my older brother's books, and the libary (sp?) doesn't have the other books either.Boy, do I feel left out! :(
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i have the second and the thered books but there the pld versions.
bluebonnet1
Lurker

Post by bluebonnet1 »

I've read the 2 mystery books (which were good--wish they had more) & then the two collections of books they came out with recently (mark/patty books)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I have a few of the AIO novels, but I've read all of them. They were all very good, though I haven't read them recently. It was interesting reading about familiar characters like Connie and Jimmy, though...

I also own the Passages series, and I like them too. The second one, Arin's Judgment, was the first one I read, and my favorite...because it took me awhile to figure out what was going on (whereas in the others, I quickly pinpointed which Bible story it was supposed to be).
Last edited by LizzieG on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bluebonnet1 wrote:I've read the 2 mystery books (which were good--wish they had more) & then the two collections of books they came out with recently (mark/patty books)
Oh, I forgot about the mystery books! *goes to get them off the shelf* "The Case of the Mysterious Message" and "THe mystery of the Hooded Horseman." I read them a while ago, but they are pretty decent - I definitely enjoyed them! The first one is written by Marshal Younger and the second one is by John Beebee.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I haven't read the mystery books. :(
Mallow wrote:I also own the Passages series, and I like them too. The second one, Arin's Judgment, was the first one I read, and my favorite...because it took me awhile to figure out what was going on (whereas in the others, I quickly pinpointed which Bible study it was supposed to be).
I read Darien's Rise first. I wasn't expecting a Bible story for some reason and just noticed some similarities...then read the back cover to confirm my suspicions. That was fun.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've read three of the Passages books- and I believe all 12 AIO Novels. :D

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot about the Mystery books too! I've read the first two....actually, there might only be two...I'm not sure though.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sibby wrote:I've read three of the Passages books- and I believe all 12 AIO Novels. :D

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot about the Mystery books too! I've read the first two....actually, there might only be two...I'm not sure though.
There are only two.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Laurie wrote:
Sibby wrote:I've read three of the Passages books- and I believe all 12 AIO Novels. :D

There are only two.
Alright, then- I've read them all! O:)
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Sibby wrote:
Laurie wrote:

There are only two.
Alright, then- I've read them all! O:)
I have the first one and I really enjoyed it, but I never found the second one :(
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I used to read them when I was little and my dad purchased all of them for me back in the day. I liked them back then, but yet I still thought the storylines were a bit slow going and boring. I loved the books though.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org