Who would win??

Samus Aran vs. Boba fett

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Samus Aran or Boba Fett.

Poll ended at Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:52 pm

Samus Aran
50%
Boba Fett
50%

Total votes: 16

mordie1001
29K to go!
Location: In his YT-1300 frieghter cruising around the galaxy.

Who would win??

Post by mordie1001 »

Who do you think would win? Feel free to post your idea and a small story of it if you like.

(Samus Aran is from Metroid. Most Recent game Metroid Prime: Hunters)

(If you don't know where Boba Fett is from... then you need to watch Starwars and read some of the books)
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
*mega starwars junkie and LoTR fan*
$Nintendo freak$
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Which is amusing, for when I first saw the title my gut reaction was "NOOOOoooo the invasion of Samus vs. MC has not reached here I will destroy it >:O."
... I'm not familiar enough with Star Wars canon, but based on generic presumptions and a fair dose of fangirlship almost certainly Samus. Of course, it depends on the speed-runner.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

If i was ever going to pit MC against any one It would Probably be The Doom Marine or Gordon Freeman.

*not realya big halo player even though i am good at it*
More of a computer/gamecube guy
*CAN NOT WAIT TO GET A NINTINDO WII!*
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I was never a big Boba Fett fan :-k

I'm gonna have to go with Samus... not just because of her own games, but specifically because she is one of the best characters in Smash Bros. Not only can she fight aliens, she can also fight other super stars. I have a feeling defeating Boba Fett wouldn't even bring her to a sweat.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

another samus fan... i'm good with Marth but that's off the subject.
I still think Boba Fett would win myself :)
I've read some of boba fetts books and he survies the sarlac! which is awesome
and his armor kicks booty also
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

It depends on which game you're talking about. Phazon Suit, no match possible. Fusion Suit is significantly more vulnerable, even at the end of the game. Super Metroid (end)/SA-X abilities, doubt there's a match there either.

I can't help but feeling this match is pretty circumstantial.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

mordie1001 wrote:another samus fan... i'm good with Marth but that's off the subject.
I still think Boba Fett would win myself :)
I've read some of boba fetts books and he survies the sarlac! which is awesome
and his armor kicks booty also
Actually I hardly play with her :anxious: but I still respect her general dominance in both Smash Bros.

George Lucas has said a number of times that if he had know Boba Fett would have been as well loved as he was, he wouldn't have killed him in VI. In fact, he even mentioned several people from his staff suggested adding a scene where he crawls out of the Sarlac when they did the 25 anniversary editions in '97. He said he thought about doing it but decided not to for some reason :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

that woulda been kewl...
I've got MP, MP2:E, MP:F, MP:ZM.
sad thing is... haven't beatin any of em... lol sooooo harrrrdddd....
i think George is asuming people have read some of the books...
In the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy it explians what happens after he gets out.
But in Tales of the Bounty Hunters collection it tells how he escaped the sarlac. *my siggy says i'm a starwars freak*
I'm nerdy... *if you say wierd al i will agree with you*
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I believe that Boba Fett would win. Grapples Samus, throws in lava of her planet. Activates Jet Pack, flys away from smoldering ruins. :D
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I love Boba and Jango! I was kind of upset when Jango died, but I knew it had to happen :( ...anyways I guess I pick Boba with his jetpack :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

who keeps changing the thingy below my avatar?

Only once did shadow think he was an android/bot

but if i was a bot i'd be sane....
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I believe that Boba Fett would win. Grapples Samus, throws in lava of her planet. Activates Jet Pack, flys away from smoldering ruins. :D
Gravity Suit.
Owned. >_>

mordie: It's a post-based title, which will probably change pretty soon.
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

i know...
just having fun with it :)

heh gravity suit... i've seen her Light suit off of Echos... that thing looks awesome!
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm voting for Samus in honor of all her games not in 3D! \:D/
mordie1001
29K to go!

Post by mordie1001 »

an ol' schooler kewl
heh
i was going for bounty hunter vs bounty hunter...
maybe i shoulda done Samus vs C. Falcon...
hehe
FEAR THE BOING!
*BOING*
$Nintendo freak$
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

mordie1001 wrote:an ol' schooler kewl
You have no idea ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

seeing i dont know who samus is... mordie...u need to explain ..

and im a boba fett fan... u can guess where my vote went.

mordie..u knew who'd i'd pick lol

sweet pea
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Boba Fett bio from the official Star Wars page:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/

A faceless enforcer, Boba Fett's distinctive armor strikes fear in the hearts of fugitives. He is a legendary bounty hunter, accepting warrants from both the Empire and the criminal underworld. He is all business, laconic, and deadly.
Fett has carefully guarded his past, cultivating a curtain of mystery around his origins. He is in truth a clone, an exact genetic replica of his highly skilled "father," Jango Fett. From Jango, Boba learned valuable survival and martial skills, and even as a child he was proficient with a blaster or laser cannon.

Fett was raised in isolation in the hermetic cities of Kamino, where he was protected not only from the ceaseless storms, but also the harsher elements of his father's career. Young Boba's life changed when a tenacious Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi, came looking for his father. Sent to apprehend the bounty hunter for the attempted assassination of a Naboo Senator, Kenobi brawled with Jango as the Fetts sought to escape from Kamino. Young Boba helped his father by pinning the Jedi down with explosive laser fire from the Fett starship, Slave I.

Fleeing from Kamino, the Fetts journeyed to Geonosis, where Jango's benefactor resided. Boba watched as his father's enemies were sentenced to death, but Jedi prove very hard to kill. A huge battle erupted as Jedi reinforcements stormed Geonosis to free their fellow Jedi. Jango entered the fray, only to be killed by Jedi Master Mace Windu. Boba was shocked to witness his father's swift death, and he quietly cradled Jango's empty helmet as Geonosis erupted into all-out war.

During the time of the Empire, Boba Fett emerged as the preeminent bounty hunter of the galaxy. Boba Fett's armor, like his father's, is a battered weapon-covered spacesuit equipped with a rocketpack. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher. His kneepads conceal rocket dart launchers. Several ominous braids hang from his shoulder -- trophies from fallen prey -- that underscore this hunter's lethality.

Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader desperately wanted to capture the fugitive Rebel craft, the Millennium Falcon. To that end, he hired a motley assortment of bounty hunters, including the legendary Fett. Vader specifically pointed out to Fett that the Falcon's passengers were to be taken alive. "No disintegrations," rumbled the Dark Lord, obviously familiar with Fett's reputation.

It was Fett who successfully tracked the Falcon from Hoth to Bespin. Arriving at the gas giant before the Falcon, Fett and Vader sprung a trap on the ship's hapless crew. Fett, a shrewd negotiator, received his bounty for capturing the crew, but also was given custody of Han Solo. The bounty hunter was set to collect the reward on Solo's head placed there by the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt.

Whisking the carbonite-frozen form of Han Solo away from Bespin, Fett eventually arrived on Tatooine aboard his starship, the Slave I. Fett delivered Solo to Jabba, his some-time employer, and was many thousands of credits richer. Fett stayed at Jabba's palace, and was present when Solo's friends attempted to rescue the carbon-frozen smuggler.

Jabba, enraged at the attempted prison break, brought his captives out to the Tatooine desert, to execute them in the Great Pit of Carkoon. In the sandpit lay the immense Sarlacc, a vile creature that would digest its prey over thousands of years. Rather than let themselves be thrown in the Sarlacc's maw, Solo's friends, led by Luke Skywalker, fought against their captors. In the chaos that followed, Fett entered the fray.

Solo, free of the carbonite and suffering blindness from hibernation sickness, wildly swung a vibro-ax into an inattentive Fett's rocketpack. The pack activated, and the bounty hunter soared into the air, out of control. The airborne Fett slammed into the side of Jabba's sail barge before tumbling into the Sarlacc's mouth. With a sickly belch from the desert creature, it seemed as if Fett's career as the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunter was brought to an end.

Why he would win against that other one...
Boba Fett's armor, like his father's, is a battered weapon-covered spacesuit equipped with a rocketpack. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher. His kneepads conceal rocket dart launchers. Several ominous braids hang from his shoulder -- trophies from fallen prey -- that underscore this hunter's lethality.
He's hard core man!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

*does the so-called 'fan girl' scream*

Boba Fett.

Besides- he survived the Sarlac...not everybody could do that! :noway:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Samus could morph ball bomb Boba Fett to death. >_>