how do odyssey kids get places?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

how do odyssey kids get places?

Post by suzanne291 »

Okay, maybe I'm being nitpicky, but how are Odyssey kids getting to the mall, Whit's End, etc. with just their friends? They aren't old enough to drive. Maybe Odyssey is small enough to walk, but then they take the bus to school.

Thoughts?
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I honestly hadn't thought about it, But I think that everybody knew everybody and that Parents didn't worry about their children as much. but that's just my opinion. :D
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I would think they would probably walk or ride their bikes.
Usually small towns don't have too much traffic and that type of stuff, so it's easy to get places walking or riding your bike.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Walking or bikes.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I've kinda wondered that too. I thought that I had heard that Odyssey isn't a really small town, which makes sense because when the Washingtons moved they said they weren't leaving Odyssey just moving to the other side of town and Mrs. Washington would have to drive the kids places.

But I doubt that it's a very busy city. Probably no big roads or that kinda thing. Remember the town put up quite a fight when Glossman wanted to put a highway through Odyssey.

So, all that to say, I guess that most of the parents are comfortable letting their kids walk or ride their bikes places. I guess most kids ride the bus to school just because it's easier. I'm homeschooled but if I went to school and could sleep a little later if I rode the bus instead of walking I'd probably take the bus. So, there's my two cents.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Yeah macnut pretty much summed it up for me:D

That's the one thing that my older brother really disliked about AIO and I think that's a big reason why he didn't like it as much as I do \:D/
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

agent3xq wrote:Yeah macnut pretty much summed it up for me:D

That's the one thing that my older brother really disliked about AIO and I think that's a big reason why he didn't like it as much as I do \:D/
Odyssey can be quite confusing at times. There are a lot of things about it that are just...confusing.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

Well, I don't think Odyssey is an extremely small town because they have about 32,000 people if I remember correctly, but I live in a town of 40,000 and we're the fourth largest city in Kansas
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."