Who Wants to be an Odyssey Voice Actor!?

The exciting Spin-off of Odyssey Idol!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Who Wants to be an Odyssey Voice Actor!?

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey, it's Top! And he's starting another contest! Odyssey Idol was just super! Why isn't this Odyssey Idol 2, you imbecile!?

I have had lots of people ask me if/when there is going to be an Odyssey Idol 2... yes, there will be. We just don't know when yet, but I want to put some distance between the first and second one, so here is a little intermission contest!

Okay... so what does it do?

Why, it's quite simple!

Users here on the ToO will PM a link, or email [email protected] their voice clips of them imitating an Odyssey character's voice! Remember to mark all entries clearly with the contest name, or I will likely not notice it or something! \:D/

Well, that is just super-duper! But, hey, Top, you wonderful person, I do good impression of like 2 or 3 or 4 Odyssey characters! Do I have to just choose my best one!?

Why, if this were any lesser a contest, that would be the case! However, since this is a GROOVETASTIC TOP CRUSADER SPONSORED CONTEST, I say... ENTER THEM ALL! They will be judged individually, most likely. Giving you more chances to win!

WIN! So... what can I win?

First place takes home $3,000! Second prize nabs you $2,000, and third place gets $1,000! Plus you all get the pleasure of entering my contest!

WOW! That's great! Hey I have this weirdo sound editing device on my computer that can make me sound like absolutely anyone!

Well, I'm happy for you! HOWEVER all entries must be 100% natural! No voice modifications. Sorry!

What about popular people getting too many votes, shy people being afraid to enter, etc?

Like Odyssey Idol, all entries will be sent anonymously to me, and posted as such. If you want it to be known AFTER you are eliminated or win who you are, make it clear in the PM or email you send me.

Yes sir! So... when does my entry have to be in by?

November 13th! However if you are having some computer issue and can get an entry in LATER, but not by the deadline, let me know and I will attempt to accomodate you.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

DISCLAIMER: This contest is souly for entertainment purposes. The winner will not literally be a voice actor on the program Adventures in Odyssey, as the contest creator does not have the authority to dictate at this time who will and who will not be featured on said program.
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

sounds awesome!!! but which voices should I do :-k
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Sweet. Maybe I'll do better on this one...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

How cool! I love your contests, Top! You make me wish that I could actually do an AIO voice. :anxious: I can't wait to hear all of the entries!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I thought you sounded just like The Chairman. :(
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

This is most awesome. \:D/
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

Hook it off baby! :D \:D/
It is I
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Top, your the best! What a great idea! \:D/
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Hmm...I've never imitated an AIO character's voice before...this might be an excuse to try! \:D/

A couple questions, The Top Bowser:
1. Are we supposed to recite an actual scene from AIO, or should we come up with our own?
2. Should multiple characters be recorded separately, or can we have them in a conversation with each other?

Anyway, I probably won't enter...but there's a chance I might! :D
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bowser wrote:I thought you sounded just like The Chairman. :(
Well, now that you mention it... :-

The problem is that there are more male characters that would be fun to spoof than female ones. :( And that doesn't help me out much. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Applesauce wrote:Hmm...I've never imitated an AIO character's voice before...this might be an excuse to try! \:D/

A couple questions, The Top Bowser:
1. Are we supposed to recite an actual scene from AIO, or should we come up with our own?
2. Should multiple characters be recorded separately, or can we have them in a conversation with each other?

Anyway, I probably won't enter...but there's a chance I might! :D
You can do whatever you want as far as what you say (errr... within good taste). :) Use existing lines, or make up your own. :)

However I think it'd be best to keep the voices seperate, just so they can be voted on individually... though if you want to do a conversation just for fun I won't stop you. ;)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I am so in.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Could anyone be super helpful and show me exactly how a voice recording would get from my computer to the internet?

Thank you.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Lord_Kappa wrote:Could anyone be super helpful and show me exactly how a voice recording would get from my computer to the internet?

Thank you.
NO! :x

Haha... I... kind of can. But other people are definitely better at explaining things than I, so I'll wait and let someone else do it. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Toad wrote:I am so in.
I thought of you the second I saw this! \:D/ I definitely look forward to hearing your entries! \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Wendy Koopa wrote:
I thought of you the second I saw this! \:D/ I definitely look forward to hearing your entries! \:D/
He can't do a very good Regis impression, though! \:D/
/me considers. Connie would make the world explode because Sonuna would be perky. Mabel might be considered cheating...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Toadette wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
/me considers. Connie would make the world explode because Sonuna would be perky. Mabel might be considered cheating...
I heard him do a good Regis impression once. :noway: Poor Gabe. :( I miss him so much. :(

Sonuna, you doing Connie would definitely be interesting!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Lord_Kappa wrote:Could anyone be super helpful and show me exactly how a voice recording would get from my computer to the internet?

Thank you.
You can upload your audio file to a place like pufile.com. Or, since Top gave his email address, you alternatively attach the file in an email and not worry about uploading it. :) If you wish to convert to MP3 format before sending, search for free converting software. I have one called "FreeRip." :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you need to upload a file, I highly recommend YouSendIt.com. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Toadette wrote:
Wendy Koopa wrote:
I must work on my evil laugh. :( It be not good enough yet.