Blink

Ted Dekker

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Blink

Post by Ruthie »

On the lines of Ted Dekker- Blink is the first book I read of his. If you've read it- how did you like it?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

His best book ever, without question.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Ted Dekker's taking over the Harlequin Theatre! :yey:

I loved Blink - it's what earned Dekker the position of one of my favorite authors \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Actually- I must correct myself... :-

I read House- by Dekker and Peretti- then I wanted to read more Dekker and Blink was the only thing my library has in at the time... :D

It was incredible though- I couldn't put it down!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Blink is definitely my favourite of Ted Dekker's books. There are others that I like, but not as much. I should re-read it - it's been a while since I've last read it.

The Harlequin Theatre should be re-named "The Ted Dekker (and other stuff) discussion board" or something. ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Hah- yes! \:D/ The Dekker Deck! :-
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I just finished Blink yesterday and loved it; it's my favorite Dekker book so far out of that, Black, Thr3e, and House. (I got a third of the way into Red, and then school started.) I'm satisfied with the theological issue covered, faith, and I relished reading the tale. I'm sad now that it's over. Perhaps I'll restart Red.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

It was an excellent book. Definitely one that needs reading more than once, too. :)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, Blink is one of my favorites.. Thr3e is really good too..
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Thr3e, Blink, and the Circle trilogy were the first Dekker books I read, and also my favorites. I've used Thr3e to hook some of my friends, then I recommend the others. This strategy has worked nicely so far :-