Some AIO questions for you AIO Nuts

I've always wondered...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Some AIO questions for you AIO Nuts

Post by Macnut »

There maybe a thread like this but I haven't seen one, so...

There are a couple of questions that I've always had about certain AIO episdoes but never really found answers to. I thought that maybe you AIO nuts might have some answers.

Here are a few that I thought of while listening to the same two episodes over and over again in my car for the last three days...

Why doesn't Steve Burns play Rodney in Like Father, Like Son? He does in the The Living Nativity which aired only two weeks later. I guess that they may not have been recorded that close together but still in the same general time...right? But some guy named Matt Hurwitz plays him.

Second question: In The Living Nativity in the very beginning when those guys are messing up the nativity, is that the Bones? The dude that laughs sounds just like Rodney but later when they put up the Living Nativity Rodney doesn't SEEM to know anything about anything about the nativity...what's up with that?

Last question: The person that plays Scrubb Moseley (Landon Arnold) sounds just like the girl that plays Brooke Myers (Amber Arnold). I'm thinking that they're related since they just happen to have the same last name, but do you know how? Brother and sister? For awhile I thought they were played by the some person...

That's all I can think of right now. If anyone else has questions you can post them here...you know, we could answer each others AIO questions.

In the mean time...anyone got some answers to my questions?

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

To the Rodney with the Living Nativity....he trashed the 'plastic' nativity set-what he didn't know about was the 'living' nativity that Whit and the kids were putting on. Does that answer that question?

Hmm...I guess I'm classified as a AIO Nut now... :-

EDIT:

Oh yeah-- I think I heard once that Scrub and the other girl are brother and sister--I believe they are some sort of relation to each other.. :-k
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Sibby wrote:To the Rodney with the Living Nativity....he trashed the 'plastic' nativity set-what he didn't know about was the 'living' nativity that Whit and the kids were putting on. Does that answer that question?

Hmm...I guess I'm classified as a AIO Nut now... :-
I guess I just kinda figured that if he trashed it that somehow he would have found out what they did about it. I guess that might not make total sense.

Yes, you are now a "AIO Nut". It's official!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

macnut24 wrote: Why doesn't Steve Burns play Rodney in Like Father, Like Son? He does in the The Living Nativity which aired only two weeks later. I guess that they may not have been recorded that close together but still in the same general time...right? But some guy named Matt Hurwitz plays him.
The answer to this question is contained in the Complete Guide to AIO (page 152, for those interested). ;) Here's what it says: "Due to scheduling problems, Steve Burns, the actor who does the voice of Rodney Rathbone, couldn;'t make the session. After a bit of scrambling, Matt Hurwitz stepped in and did an admirable job of covering for Steve. Also, Landon Arnold, son of Dave Arnold, played the part of Scrub." The last part doesn't totally answer your question about whether Landon Arnold and Amber Arnold are related, but it seems highly probable that they're siblings. :)

EDIT: I looked through more notes to find an answer, and on page 130, for "Where's Your Daddy?" it says that "Brooke Myers was played by Amber Arnold daughter of Dave Arnold." So there you go! \:D/
Last edited by Catspaw on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Me and Catty are AIO Nuts together! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! AIO Nuts to the end! Party on! :dance: Nothing better than that. ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

:disco: :cheerleader: :highfive:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

macnut24 wrote:Second question: In The Living Nativity in the very beginning when those guys are messing up the nativity, is that the Bones? The dude that laughs sounds just like Rodney but later when they put up the Living Nativity Rodney doesn't SEEM to know anything about anything about the nativity...what's up with that?
I would say it wasn't the Bones. We are never told, and like you said, Rodney knew nothing about it. If it was supposed to be the Bones, we would've known.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

We were never told it was Rodney or the Bones, yes... but that was definitely Steve Burns doing the small laughs and "come on" in the opening scene.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

macnut24 wrote:Second question: In The Living Nativity in the very beginning when those guys are messing up the nativity, is that the Bones? The dude that laughs sounds just like Rodney but later when they put up the Living Nativity Rodney doesn't SEEM to know anything about anything about the nativity...what's up with that?
I'm not sure if this will cast a whole lot of light on the subject, but here's the stage direction.
Scene 1 of The Living Nativity wrote:OMINOUS MUSIC BEGINS. IT IS NIGHT. WE HEAR MISCHIEVOUS WHISPERING. THREE YOUTHS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO ARE OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. WE HEAR "THIS WAY, THIS WAY" THEN "ANYBODY COMING?" AND "HEY, HOW ABOUT THIS?" AND THEY LAUGH AS THEY APPROACH THE NATIVITY SCENE ON CITY HALL GROUNDS. THE MUSIC INTENSIFIES AS WE HEAR THE SOUND OF BATS HITTING WOOD, SHATTERING GLASS AND MORE LAUGHTER FROM THE BOYS. A POLICE SIREN IS HEARD. THE BOYS RUN AWAY, THEN FADE OUT UNDER THE MUSIC...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hmmm...that makes it sound like it isn't the Bones, since it would make sense for them to be listed as such...I think. :anxious: To me, one of the laughs during that early part always sounds like Rodney, so I assumed that he was part of it, which would imply that the other people were Bones, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the official quote, Nathan, even if it's still a tad ambiguous. \:D/
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
I'm not sure if this will cast a whole lot of light on the subject, but here's the stage direction.
Scene 1 of The Living Nativity wrote:OMINOUS MUSIC BEGINS. IT IS NIGHT. WE HEAR MISCHIEVOUS WHISPERING. THREE YOUTHS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO ARE OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. WE HEAR "THIS WAY, THIS WAY" THEN "ANYBODY COMING?" AND "HEY, HOW ABOUT THIS?" AND THEY LAUGH AS THEY APPROACH THE NATIVITY SCENE ON CITY HALL GROUNDS. THE MUSIC INTENSIFIES AS WE HEAR THE SOUND OF BATS HITTING WOOD, SHATTERING GLASS AND MORE LAUGHTER FROM THE BOYS. A POLICE SIREN IS HEARD. THE BOYS RUN AWAY, THEN FADE OUT UNDER THE MUSIC...
Thanks. That helps, but like Catspaw said it really does sound like Rodney in the beginning.

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I've always thought that it sounded like Rodney and Bart. :anxious:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I too thought that Scrub and Brooke were played by the same person. Their voices are soooo similar.
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

suzanne291 wrote:I too thought that Scrub and Brooke were played by the same person. Their voices are soooo similar.
Yeah, I never would have known. A friend asked me if they were played by the same person and I guess I realized that I have also assumed they were but I looked it up just to be sure and I was quite surprised to find out they weren't played by the same person.