Reality TV

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

DanP740 wrote:Does Extreme Makeover Home Edition count? I like it and it's thing about each show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition How'd They Do That?
Several of my friends have expressed their delight in this show...but I've never seen it...what makes it so amazing?

And I don't follow any reality TV shows...but all my culture-savvy friends do, and so I kinda follow what's happening by listening to their lively discussions. :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I haven't ever seen Extreme Makeover either but I was recently among a group of ladies who were talking quite excitedly about it. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
DanP740 wrote:Does Extreme Makeover Home Edition count? I like it and it's thing about each show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition How'd They Do That?
Several of my friends have expressed their delight in this show...but I've never seen it...what makes it so amazing?
I would definitely consider EM: HE a reality show. In fact, it's more of a reality show than any other in that nothing is scripted or planned out as much as other shows, such as the Apprentice, Amazing Race, and Survivor. (i.e. if the construction workers accidently run into a gas line or the like, the house is put on hold) Many times, the design team has had to do last minute adjustments to the house . . . while the family is returning home. :o

Extreme Makeover (i.e. the body makeover), however, is . . . well . . . :-#
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Extreme Home Makeover!! :D \:D/ \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

beka8910 wrote:I love Extreme Home Makeover!! :D \:D/ \:D/
As do I, even though I haven't watched the show in a few months. :anxious:

Did anyone catch the Survivor finale tonight?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

idon't watch many reality shows

i did watch The Starlet and a few others, and i think that Extreme makeover home edition is cool, but i don't watch it much.

i think a lot of reality shows have too much drama, but i don't want to offend anyone
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love EHMO and the How'd they do that. It is really cool to see people who need help get it. Although there are many times where the show ends and I sit therethinking about how much greater it would be if the designers were believers. THen it would be giving with a purpose ya know. It also makes me think of how we as believers need to be there for those in need, in our communities. Sadly I too miss those opportunities o serve sometimes.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Yup! Extreme Home Make-Over rocks. Awesome new houses to really deserving families! I also love Survivor! I watch the fights from The Contender online...and then, the Apprentice...though Trump has such a fat head! Bugs me. Why does he have to name everything after himself? Egotistical dude --- *mutters aimlessly to self*

About the reality TV craze...if Mark Burnett (did you know he is dating [or is it married?] to Roma Downy?_ is producing it, it might be decent to watch...I don't watch much of that other CRUD though!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:Yup! Extreme Home Make-Over rocks. Awesome new houses to really deserving families! I also love Survivor! I watch the fights from The Contender online...and then, the Apprentice...though Trump has such a fat head! Bugs me. Why does he have to name everything after himself? Egotistical dude --- *mutters aimlessly to self*
Trump is rather egotistical, I must agree. :noway:
LovedbyGod wrote:About the reality TV craze...Mark Burnett (did you know he is dating [or is it married?] to Roma Downy?
He is? :thud:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

He is! I've seen them together a few times too. (On some Hollywood gossip show or a magazine.)

Other good reality shows...I like Starting Over a bit...it's a house full of women with different kind of problems that join a program with lifecoaches and stuff. It's cool.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:He is! I've seen them together a few times too. (On some Hollywood gossip show or a magazine.)
I googled Burnett and Downey and discovered they have a son. :o

At any rate, this week will include the final two episodes of American Idol 4. Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Apprentice all ended in the past couple weeks . . . Canadian Idol 3 starts next week. :anxious:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Survivor started again! I am uber excited! Stephanie, my favorite survivor contestant EVER, got to come back to this season TOO! Hooray!

She's already been voted most popular this year by the fans.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yay for Steph and Bobby Jon! :D
MissRachel
Not as new

Post by MissRachel »

Never watched it much.
You don't know how lovely you are.
Therefor, it is my job to let you know... ^_~ <3
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Did anyone watch dancing With the Stars? I love that show. I also like watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I heard that some types of buildings on the docket for this season include churches.