Thr3e

the book...and the movie

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
LizzieG
I've been working out

Thr3e

Post by LizzieG »

Thr3e was my first experience with a Ted Dekker book, and it kept me on the edge of my seat all night (yes, I read it in one sitting)! Now one of my friends is reading it, and she loves it too - even though it creeps her out. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finishes it...

The movie is supposed to come out in a couple months, and I'm excited to see it, scary as it might be.

Have any of you read that book? Because if you haven't, you really need to!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LizzieG wrote:Thr3e was my first experience with a Ted Dekker book, and it kept me on the edge of my seat all night (yes, I read it in one sitting)! Now one of my friends is reading it, and she loves it too - even though it creeps her out. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finishes it...

The movie is supposed to come out in a couple months, and I'm excited to see it, scary as it might be.

Thr3e is also the first Ted Dekker book I read! \:D/ A friend of mine used to work at the Christian bookstore in town and he heard it was good and gave me a copy for my birthday! \:D/ It's pretty good... personally I guessed the twist ending a mile away... but I think most people don't. I just think weirdly like Ted Dekker does. :( But Dekker is great and has a great vision and I really hope the movie goes well! \:D/
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Yep, Thr3e was the first book of his that I read, too. \:D/ I also guessed the twist before reading it. :|

**major spoilers**
Although, that probably had something to do with watching A Beautiful Mind only a week before reading Thr3e, and the two plot twists are similar. :-$

But, yeah! Ted Dekker is awesome! I want to get to the store to buy Saint, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I forgot about the Thr3e movie coming...I hope it's playing near me! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, we've established that Top is way smarter than me, since the plot twist totally surprised me. I hope that the movie turns out to be really good! \:D/ I definitely want to see it after it comes out.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I totally didn't see the plot twist coming, and I don't think Amy (my friend) will either.

I just finished Saint and was disappointed...I won't go into the details since you haven't read it yet. Hmmm, maybe I've just been reading too many Ted Dekker books in a row \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I like Dekker, but he gets repetitive if you read too much of him... :(
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I loved Thr3e! I don't know if I'll see the movie, though. We'll see.

It was also my first Dekker experience. I didn't really like the plot twist at the time, but then I accepted it and decided I liked Dekker.

IMDB Link
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

A Ted Dekker fan on this board is letting me borrow his copy of this book... ;) But since I hate plot twists, I don't know if I wanna read it or not, now! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's really sweet of Applesauce! \:D/

You should read it and then decide if you hate plot twists. After all, you might like Dekker twists. :yes:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Bowser wrote:
LizzieG wrote:Thr3e was my first experience with a Ted Dekker book, and it kept me on the edge of my seat all night (yes, I read it in one sitting)! Now one of my friends is reading it, and she loves it too - even though it creeps her out. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finishes it...

Thr3e is also the first Ted Dekker book I read! \:D/ A friend of mine used to work at the Christian bookstore in town and he heard it was good and gave me a copy for my birthday! \:D/ It's pretty good... personally I guessed the twist ending a mile away... but I think most people don't. I just think weirdly like Ted Dekker does. :( But Dekker is great and has a great vision and I really hope the movie goes well! \:D/
I didn't read the book, but a friend was telling me about it as she read it and I guessed the ending. \:D/ She didn't know how I knew it considering that I hadn't read it. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I totally didn't guess the ending ...until...well- I won't say.... :-

Just something to do with a little room...heh
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Wendy Koopa wrote:Wow, that's really sweet of Applesauce! \:D/
What's really sweet of me? :-s

And yeah, CA, if you really don't like plot twists, I would suggest not reading Thr3e (or for that matter, anything with Ted Dekker's name on it). ;)

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Applesauce wrote:
You were the only guy other than Top who posted on this thread, so I didn't have any other choice then to try to make it sound like you would have allowed Jessica to borrow a book, instead of that other guy. ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Heh-that's what I thought you meant...and I was like....whaatt??? :D
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Wendy Koopa wrote:
Applesauce wrote:
You were the only guy other than Top who posted on this thread, so I didn't have any other choice then to try to make it sound like you would have allowed Jessica to borrow a book, instead of that other guy. ;)
Ah, now I get it! :D

But no, I didn't let Continental Admir..........wait a minute. :-s *runs to check the bookshelf*
That feind! :x She always "borrows" books of mine without asking! :x

Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I also read Thr3e first, and I was unsure if I liked it then, but I do now. I've read a quarter of Saint at Barnes and Nobles, but, alas, did not have the money to buy it then.

Yeah, I think the movie's going to be good. The person cast as Jennifer is pretty much just how I picture her!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Arwen wrote:I also read Thr3e first, and I was unsure if I liked it then, but I do now. I've read a quarter of Saint at Barnes and Nobles, but, alas, did not have the money to buy it then.

Yeah, I think the movie's going to be good. The person cast as Jennifer is pretty much just how I picture her!
I'm excited about the movie too, though I don't want to go see it alone...and the friend of mine who's also reading it is reluctant to agree to come along because she's afraid it'll be creepy.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Thr3e is the first book I read by him also.. What other books were your favorites? I've read Thr3e, The circle trilogy (Black, Red, White), and Obsessed.. I'm thinking about reading blink sometime soon..
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

J-man wrote:Thr3e is the first book I read by him also.. What other books were your favorites? I've read Thr3e, The circle trilogy (Black, Red, White), and Obsessed.. I'm thinking about reading blink sometime soon..
I read Thr3e first, then Blink, the Circle Trilogy, and, last week, Saint. Saint was the only one that was slightly disappointing, but I loved the rest. You should definitely read Blink, it was awesome!

What did you think of Obsessed?
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

If I can say something without trying to spoil anything: you're not going to get as much out of Saint unless you first read Showdown. Also, You're not going to get as much out of Showdown unless you first read the Circle Trilogy. So, I would suggest reading those books in order. :D