The Promotion Request Thread

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
David O
I'm memorable

The Promotion Request Thread

Post by David O »

Sarah and I have decided to maintain Trank's promotion plan, which I have quoted here:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Custom Jobs

While the current Job List offers a wide variety of jobs for people with multiple degrees, there will inevitably be those of you who don't want one of the jobs listed. Or perhaps you have an assortment of degrees for which there are no jobs. Well, weep no longer! Thanks to Top and CA's brilliant idea of custom jobs, we will are now offering personalized jobs to those who request them. Several of you have already asked for and received custom jobs, such Expert Lurker, Red Scorpian Enthusiast, Undercover Writer, Undercover Narnian, and Red Scorpian Tycoon. \:D/

Request Format & Requirements

If you have a request, simply post the degrees you have, along with the type of job you would like to have. You must have at least a High School Equivalence before you can make a request. If you have a specific job title you want, please post it here. We can always negotiate on the job name via private message. As always, if you have any questions or comments, post it here! :D

The ToO Job Salary System

All custom jobs require a High School Equivalence, which gives HSE owners a base salary of $100. From there, every degree you purchase will add 2.5% of the degree price to your salary. Thus, if you purchased a business degree, you would receive 2.5% of the $20,000 cost-- $500. If, however, you purchased agent training, you would receive $250, which equals 2.5% of the $10,000 cost. The following chart highlights the degree type, cost, and subsequent job salary.

$20,000 - Business Degree = $500
$15,000 - Biological Science Degree = $375
$14,000 - Music Degree = $350
$12,000 - Nursing Degree = $300
$11,000 - Biblical Ministry Degree = $275
$10,000 - Agent Training = $250
$9,000 - Education Degree = $225
$8,000 - Computer Science Degree = $200
$7,500 - Fine Arts Degree = $190
$7,000 - Culinary Arts Degree = $175
$6,000 - English Degree = $150

(Example: If you currently own a high school equivalence, english degree, and business degree, your salary would be $750)

Promotions

Who doesn't love a salary raise? ;) Top raised a good question in this thread. Perhaps you have a job that you don't want to give up... but you've purchased another degree, and want a job that pays more since you have further qualifications. If you want to keep your old job but receive a pay increase for that particular job, simply post your request in this thread. :)
From now on, if you need a new job, simply post your request with the proposed new name and salary, and we will get on it ASAP for you! Don't forget that there may already be a job created with all the requirements you have! Thanks for this brilliant plan, Trank! :)
Not dead yet.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'd like a new job please! \:D/

I now have the following degrees:

HSE
Culinary Arts
Business
Biological Science

I don't really have a name in mind...anyone have some ideas? :pray:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

"Harmony Class Drone", $925, HSE/Agent Training/Compsci/Biosci.
(crossposted.)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I'd like a new job please! \:D/

I now have the following degrees:

HSE
Culinary Arts
Business
Biological Science

I don't really have a name in mind...anyone have some ideas? :pray:
Hmmm... How about "Owner of Yummy's Donut Factory"? :D
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

But that doesn't fit with the Biological Science degree, just like my old job didn't. :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sometimes the job title doesn't encompass or represent all of the degrees you own. :(

That being said, I'm sure the brains of DJF will come up with something snazzy! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Laura Ingalls wrote:But that doesn't fit with the Biological Science degree, just like my old job didn't. :-k
Wild Donut Breeder. ;D
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i just got a Culinary Arts Degree
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Id like a job raise, I have a HSE, AGents Training, Fine Arts Degree, English Degree, and a Culinary Arts Degree. I should be getting $865... Right? Trent is this correct? Can my name be Secret Cookbook Writer?
Last edited by Fei on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I have an HSE, and Agent training. Should I have a job that pays $350 or $250? I currently get $320.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

JesusIsAlive wrote:I have an HSE, and Agent training. Should I have a job that pays $350 or $250?
$350 ($100 for your HSE and $250 for the Agent Training) :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I have an HSE, a Computer Science Degree, and a Fine Arts Degree. Any higher paying job available for me?
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Just add up the total Arwen! :)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

...or we could just do it for her to save time :roll:

;)

Arwen, you should be getting 540 every three days. How much are you getting now?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Thanks but when I was posting my calculator was gone! ;)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I got the Nursing Degree a while ago, and would like a raise on my currant job. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

How about something like "Food Engineer?" :-k

Could you please get my job soon, as I already quit my other job? :anxious:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

This is great! We have a thread for job promotions now all we need are admins to promotes us! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks so much whoever made my job! \:D/
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

All job requests up to this point have been updated! :)
Not dead yet.