Dee Henderson

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Dee Henderson

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Has anyone ever read her books? If you have, what do you think of them? I am just now reading them, and they are awesome! I love them. Now I just need to buy them myself! I am borrowing them from my sister. They are the best!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

She's good. Although her books are getting predictable. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It seems like anything gets more predictable if you get too much of it...but I still really like Dee Henderson. \:D/ I actually found "The Witness" unpredictable in some ways - one part really shocked my mom, and I was somewhat surprised too, so that's worth something.

The O'Malley series is great - I'm sure that's what most people know Dee Henderson for. The prequel, "Danger in the Shadows," is one of my favourites. It's the one I've read the most times, by far, and it's still really good, even when I obviously know what's going to happen. I think that's a good sign in a book! \:D/
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I love Dee Henderson! \:D/ She's definietely one of my favorite authors. she writes one of my favorite genre, and writes it well, I thought, since it takes talent to write seven books about siblings all closely connected and not let it get too predicatable. :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I haven't read anything by her...does she write romance? I'm a huge romance-writer skeptic, I'd still be willing to read one of her books.

What's her best stand-alone (not in a series) book?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wouldn't call what she writes just romance, because it isn't nearly as lame as in some books, but it's definitely there. :) She only has one book that isn't part of a series, that I know, and that's "The Witness." It came out this spring, I think. :) You should definitely give it a try, LizzieG! :D Or you could read "Danger in the Shadows," which is the prequel to her seven-book O'Malley series, which does introduce some people who will show up again in the series, but you don't have to read the rest of the series for the prequel to make any sense.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Kittypaw wrote:I wouldn't call what she writes just romance, because it isn't nearly as lame as in some books, but it's definitely there. :) She only has one book that isn't part of a series, that I know, and that's "The Witness." It came out this spring, I think. :) You should definitely give it a try, LizzieG! :D Or you could read "Danger in the Shadows," which is the prequel to her seven-book O'Malley series, which does introduce some people who will show up again in the series, but you don't have to read the rest of the series for the prequel to make any sense.
There's a used copy of The Witness on amazon.com for less than $2, so I might get it...or I could try to get someone to drive me to the city's library, since the school one doesn't have much of hers'.

Thanks, Kittypaw! Now maybe I'll find a modern author I really like (aside from Ted Dekker, that is :D)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Kittypaw wrote:I wouldn't call what she writes just romance, because it isn't nearly as lame as in some books, but it's definitely there. :) She only has one book that isn't part of a series, that I know, and that's "The Witness." It came out this spring, I think. :) You should definitely give it a try, LizzieG! :D Or you could read "Danger in the Shadows," which is the prequel to her seven-book O'Malley series, which does introduce some people who will show up again in the series, but you don't have to read the rest of the series for the prequel to make any sense.
Actually, My sister does have another book(don't know waht it is called!) that has nothing to do wiht either series. There is two series, the Uncommon Heroes series and the O'Malley series. She has this and that books also, but I know of only two, I think. I am not at home right now so I can't say for sure. They are my sister's books, and they are still at home! Yay! I can read them, like I am now!
O.k, enough of me. Love, Maudy.
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I really like Dee Henderson. I just read The Witness and there was a part I really didn't expect. I also like them because I can share them with my Dad. He loves to read, and he kinda enjoys these books.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! Yesterday I got the new Dee Henderson book! \:D/ It's called "Before I Wake" and I like it so far, though I'm not nearly done. It seems to be vaguely linked to "The Wtiness" - just a few little references, nothing major. I kind of like that - a connection, but not so much that you need to read one to understand the other one well.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I really enjoyed reading the O'Malley serries but after a while they got a little predictable.I dind't like her True Heroes Serries. I didnt even finish the first one.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The O'Malley's is an excellant series, although they follow the same formula.

The True Honor ones were very good-except the last one.
The Witness is good, a bit different I thought, with the setting of it.

I'm anxiously getting ready to buy her new one that came out last week.. "Before I wake." \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Before I Wake" and stayed up way later than I should have last night to do so! \:D/

*glares and hopes that a sequel will be out soon* :x
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Actually she has two books that are on their own, and neither of them are al lthat great. One is the MArriage wish - and I can't remember the other one.

I've read all of them except for the newest one (Thanks Catty for sending me the Witness! \:D/ )

I love the O'Mally books and Uncommon Heros. \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't really count those earlier ones - I haven't read them, but they're quite old and were written before she wrote her good stuff, and then made available after she was popular and the publisher knew that people would buy them just because they had her name on them. (That's my opinion on what happened, anyway). ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I'm not big on either of her early ones. I prefer a bit of action with my romance, her later ones do that well.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

my wife really likes her books. she is trying to get me to read the series but i never seem to get around to it. :boohoo:
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I like the O'Malley series, but I don't read Dee Henderson's books very often.
KimPossible
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by KimPossible »

The first half of the O'Malley series was good, but I thought the last 2 or 3 books weren't that great.
Lisa O'Malley was by far my favorite character in the O'Malley series and her book is my favorite! \:D/
Bobbie
Gold Member

Post by Bobbie »

I like her books a lot...but terrie blackstock is better... ( and some other authors are even better...can't think of there names right now! :-) )