A question about Ipods.

For all you Ipod-ers. >_>

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

A question about Ipods.

Post by Shad Lexer »

I've been thinking about buying an Ipod mini (6GB) and was wondering how it will work with Windows. I already have Itunes on my PC, along with some music. When I look in the 'My Music' file, it says it's a. mpeg4, but when I look in Itunes, it says it's an .AAC. I don't want to buy one and not be able to listen to music from my CDs. I don't want to have to re-buy my music from Apple, either. ;)

I can't afford to spend more than about $130, and I would like to get a warranty with whatever I buy.

Thanks for the help.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Shad Lexer wrote:I've been thinking about buying an Ipod mini (6GB) and was wondering how it will work with Windows. I already have Itunes on my PC, along with some music. When I look in the 'My Music' file, it says it's a. mpeg4, but when I look in Itunes, it says it's an .AAC. I don't want to buy one and not be able to listen to music from my CDs. I don't want to have to re-buy my music from Apple, either. ;)

I can't afford to spend more than about $130, and I would like to get a warranty with whatever I buy.

Thanks for the help.
Ipods work with windows!! Huzzah. AAC, Is just one of the file types that Itunes, and Ipods use.

Ry :)
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Yeah, it'll work just fine, I have a nano and I also have windows so I think you'll be safe :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

That's not his problem - his problem is will he be able to get CDs on his older-generation iPod mini (which only supports WAV, MP3 and AAC)?
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Xiao wrote:That's not his problem - his problem is will he be able to get CDs on his older-generation iPod mini (which only supports WAV, MP3 and AAC)?
I'm pretty sure, Itunes is starting to use m4a, instead of mp3, but AAC is still there, and it can still use mp3, I dont know man. I get my cd's, put on my ipod and im good to go.

Ry
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

yeah Ipods wouldn't have given Mac such a lift if they did run of Windows
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

If you go here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... =Certified

You can buy iPods from Apple that are refurbs. They carry a full warranty and most of what I buy is refurbs.

Very good prices!
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Thanks, Jim. I was already looking to buy a refurb, though. :)
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Shad Lexer wrote:I've been thinking about buying an Ipod mini (6GB) and was wondering how it will work with Windows. I already have Itunes on my PC, along with some music. When I look in the 'My Music' file, it says it's a. mpeg4, but when I look in Itunes, it says it's an .AAC. I don't want to buy one and not be able to listen to music from my CDs. I don't want to have to re-buy my music from Apple, either. ;)

Thanks for the help.
iPods work perfectly with a windows and amazingly perfectly with a mac. Anything you have it your iTunes you should be able to put on an iPod. The only problem I've had was with a video and iTunes was a option that converted it to work.

Are you getting a used Mini or did you mean you're getting a Nano? The Nano's aren only available in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB.

The 2GB will hold 500 songs and cost (I think) $149.

Here's a link that should help. Apple iPod

Let me know if you have any questions. We have a 3rd generation iPod, an iPod nano and an iPod video so I know a little bit about them. Hope all that help a little.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

okay, i have a question about ipods myself. my wife and i don't need a large amount of storage space on one and i was wondering what you ipoders would suggest we buy for our first one.

and what is the difference between the ipods and the mp3 players we see at the electronic palace?
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

iPods are a name brand. And they are quite efficient in what they do. For example, they have the nice click wheel feature that other mp3 players cannot emulate. Their capability to watch videos and movies are also a plus. However, essentially, they aren't that different from, say - a Creative Zen.

They all play audio files.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'm thinking of buying an Ipod Mini 6gb, refurbished. They have them for $129. I can have 1500 songs on it.

Thanks for the help, guys. :)
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

So you're gonna buy the iPod?
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Jasper Dale wrote:okay, i have a question about ipods myself. my wife and i don't need a large amount of storage space on one and i was wondering what you ipoders would suggest we buy for our first one.

and what is the difference between the ipods and the mp3 players we see at the electronic palace?
Are you set on buying a brand new one?

If not I'd suggest you look at some refurbs. There are some really good deals there. If you go here.

I think they have an refurbed 2GB nano for $99. 2GB will hold about 500 songs. Or if you wanna play videos or TV shows and movies from iTunes you buy a 30GB iPod Video for $175 and hold 7,500 songs AND 75 hours of video.

If you want a brand new one, I'd suggest a Nano. Either the 2GB ($149) and holds 500 songs or the 4GB ($199) and holds 1,000 songs...there's my opinion. Hope it helps... :D

Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Xiao wrote:So you're gonna buy the iPod?
Yeah, I think so.
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

Be aware though that about mid January there should be some revised iPods coming out. Every 6 months or so. It has been awhile since there has been anything really impressive with the iPods released so the next release should have the "wow" factor.

If you are looking for the bets bargain, the Apple store that I and others pointed out for their refurbs has the ever popular iPod mini (black and white screen) for $99.

The mini is probably the toughest made iPod out there. It really takes a beating and keeps working.

EDIT: Careful about double posting Jim. If you think of something else you want to add, just go back and edit it :) ~ STRYPER
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

jim wrote:Be aware though that about mid January there should be some revised iPods coming out. Every 6 months or so. It has been awhile since there has been anything really impressive with the iPods released so the next release should have the "wow" factor.
They just released some new ones...check out the Apple page.
jim wrote:If you are looking for the bets bargain, the Apple store that I and others pointed out for their refurbs has the ever popular iPod mini (black and white screen) for $99.
Actually they have the Nanos for $99 last I checked. Those have a color screen.

Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

I ordered a 6gb Mini. :) Can't wait until it gets here.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Reading this thread makes me want an iPod even more. :( Lots of people have them at school, and when I'm hanging around campus waiting for my next class, it would be a really nice thing to have, and it would help block out some of the surrounding noise, which I would like. I told myself that I would wait until Christmas to maybe get one, but I might change my mind. :anxious:
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

I got the 30GB video iPod a couple months ago, but I never buy anything I just import music from CD's
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~