Wally Mcdoogle

Does anybody else read them?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Wally Mcdoogle

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

I love the Wally Mcdoogle series! :D My mom tried reading them to me and my brothers, after the first couple of pages we all were about to die from laughing. :hilarious: I enjoy reading them myself now. I don't have a favorite because I love them all! \:D/

So, what's you favorite? What do you think of the series?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really like the Wally McDoogle books! They're so funny! I read some a few years ago when my brother started liking them, and I just wanted to check them out. I haven't read one recently, but this thread is making me want to go read one now! They're a fun short read! \:D/
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I said this somewhere else (not sure where but it wasn't a thread devoted to Wally)

Wally McDoogle is perhaps the funniest collection of literature on the planet. I adore Wally McDoogle and would love to read them again. Unfortunately I loaned most of them out to friends and most of the others have been destroyed :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

It's been a long time since I've picked up a Wally McDoogle...

Those used to be my favorite books on the planet! \:D/ Bill Myers sure is gifted when it comes to children's books. Totally imaginative and hilarious! :D I haven't read the most recent books in the series (I think I stopped around 20), but I own most of them before that.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The one I remember the best is Wally McDoogle and extra hot burriot sauce or something like that. He's at camp with a bully and really learns a lot about the bully as a person and sees that people have reasons for the bad ways they act sometimes.

We probably have every book there is. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I love that series!! It's hilarious! If you or any of your siblings recieve Clubhouse, there's a Wally McDoogle story for October's issue. It's so funny!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I only read up to about 12 or so...

And the Burrito one was #1
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

I definitly love the Wally McDoogle series. It was the first real chapter book I ever read. :D
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I read a couple Wally books a long time ago. I enjoyed them, but not a ton. I liked Bill Myer's trilogy of Blood of Heaven, Fire of Heaven, and something else.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Wally McDoogle is a wonderful series!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

My brother owns a lot of the Wally McDoogle books, and he loves them. But, he does get tired of the repetitiveness of the books (each one has a very similar plot), and of Wally's clumsiness. I like them as well, but I prefer books for older audiences.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've read some of them. They are hilarious! It's been a long time since I've read one. Perhaps I should go raid my little brother's bookshelf. :twisted: ;)
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Love 'em.
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad: