For Better or For Worse

Wedding Invites

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

There's a new summary over at:
http://www.whitsend.org/kidsradio/upcoming.cfm

For Better or for Worse, Part I Saturday
May 14, 2005
Now that they're back in Odyssey, Eugene and Katrina are planning to have a proper wedding. But with the two wedding coordinators (Connie and Katrina's mother) trying to outdo each other, Eugene and Katrina are left wondering what they got themselves into. Meanwhile, Tom and Bart are left to decide the reception music...a drumline or a chorus of crickets.

-shasta
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Excellent. I think Tom and Bernard made a great team, and we don't hear the two of them together as much as I'd like.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

That sounds interesting! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I wish I could hear it. :(
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Post by Fletcher »

There's a preview on Whitsend.org. It looks really good. If only Pam Hayden was playing Katrina.
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you don't have Real Player, give me a shout and I'll send you a link to an mp3 version of the clip. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:If you don't have Real Player, give me a shout and I'll send you a link to an mp3 version of the clip. :)
Or you could post the mp3 link here.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If I was hosting the sound file, then you'd be correct Jonathan. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I had converted it to mp3 but didn't post it here yesterday:

http://www.aiosf.com/sounds/forbetterpromo.mp3
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Fortunatly, for the first time in history, my RealPlayer Worked!! \:D/

Unfortunatly, I can't believe they'll inserting Mrs. Shanks as a main, and having it centered arouund her. How much better would it have been with Connie against Mr. Shanks.

And wheres Jared?*

Fortunatly again, it sounds like a somewhat original storyline. (Although, I could predict what would happen. Connie does her thing. Mrs. Shanks does hers. Eugene and Katrina have no say. Theirs a fight. And at the end of the episode it's supposed t omake you wonder if theirs going to be a wedding (which their obviously will). In the following episode, Tom and Bernard sit by and make jokes. Whit goes to Connie and say she should ease up on plans and go apologize. She does. Mrs. Shanks doesn't agree. They have another fight. They both get a talk...but this time by Eugene, saying that it's not 'their wedding' but 'his and Katrina's', and that they need to respect what 'they want'...and need to 'work together' so that they can get things accomplished. The last 3 minutes end with Eugene and Katrina finally saying their wedding vows.)

*I just thought it would be a very nice surprise if Jared ended up destroying the entire wedding.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

BC, you do know that Armitage Shanks is dead, don't you? :anxious: As a result, it would be hard to have him as a major character...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:BC, you do know that Armitage Shanks is dead, don't you? :anxious: As a result, it would be hard to have him as a major character...
I only see Bennett talking about Millie Shanks in his post. :-k He apparently wishes that Armitage was there to argue with Connie. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

-Bennett Charles wrote:Fortunatly, for the first time in history, my RealPlayer Worked!! \:D/
Might be because they actually put the file up for download rather than streaming it. That's why it worked so well for me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:BC, you do know that Armitage Shanks is dead, don't you? :anxious: As a result, it would be hard to have him as a major character...
I only see Bennett talking about Millie Shanks in his post. :-k He apparently wishes that Armitage was there to argue with Connie. :anxious:
From what he said, I couldn't tell if he was wishing that Armitage was alive to argue with Connie, or if he disliked having Millie there instead of Armitage when Armitage was available. To err on the side of caution, I brought up the death thing. If it was unneccessary, BC, I apologize. :pray:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I don't think Millie is a big part of the episode, as I think it mainly focuses on Eugene/Bernard/Tom/Whit/Katrina. Millie and Connie are kind of at the sidelines, I believe. She's probably as "big" of a character in this episode as she was in Plan B, which wasn't very big at all.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Thanks for posting that it was up. I wouldn't have noticed.

This sounds great! :D
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

cool