An author is an Odyssey Character?

Mr. Mulligan

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

An author is an Odyssey Character?

Post by LiviNoel »

I read a book called "blood of heaven" written by an author named Bill Myers. I was told later that Bill Myers is the voice of Mr. Mulligan on the AIO show. Is that true?
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Probably. He wrote the Mcgee and Me books, WAlly McDougle, and the Mulligan episodes of AIO.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Yep, Bill Myers wrote and directed most of the Mulligan adventures in addition to playing Mike. He used to be my favorite author when I was younger. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I thought that it was cool when I found out that Bill Myes was Mike Mulligan! \:D/ I used to read some of his books - the Wally McDoogle series is hilarious! :hilarious: Sure, it's meant for kids, but it makes for a quick and entertaining read at an older age too! \:D/ I also read part of his "Forbidden Doors" series a super long time ago...those have probably been out of print for years already. I'm so old! :mad:
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Actually, the Forbidden Doors were brought back into print just a few years ago and a couple new books were written (but not by Bill, oddly enough). I read the first 11 books, and the last sentence of book 12 (yes, I used to be terrible about reading ahead. The last sentence was a major plot twist, too.) :(
Last edited by Applesauce on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Wally McDoogle is perhaps the funniest literature ever penned. As soon as my kids are old enough to read, I will be handing them Wally McDoogle books.

And yes, he also wrote all the original McGee and Me episodes.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Applesauce wrote:Actually, the Forbidden Doors were brought back into print just a few years ago and a couple new books were written (but not by Bill, oddly enough). I read the first 11 books, and the last sentence of book 12 (yes, I used to be terrible about reading ahead. The last sentence was a major plot twist, too.) :(
Interesting! I know that I read the first few, but that was a long time ago, and I had no idea that there are so many more now! It's odd that they continued the series with a different author. :-k If I'm ever feeling nostalgic, I'll go see what they have available at the library!

I adore McGee and Me, so Bill Myers should practically be my hero or something. ;) Books, AIO, and McGee and Me were the staple of most of my formative years! \:D/
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

Wow! I didn't know that Bill Myers wrote McGee and Me! I remember watching that when I was really young. He's a great kid's writer.

But Blood of Heaven really blew me away. He's obviously really versatile with his professions and his writing.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I was in a Christian bookstore looking at books (imagine that ;) ) and I saw a few books by him, and I was like, "Wow, he's a voice actor for AIO!"

He also has one cool voice. \:D/

-Cowboy
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

STRYPER wrote:Wally McDoogle is perhaps the funniest literature ever penned. As soon as my kids are old enough to read, I will be handing them Wally McDoogle books.

And yes, he also wrote all the original McGee and Me episodes.
Yeah, most of those books had me LOL when I first read them. :lol:

Haystack