The Davinci Code

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

The Davinci Code

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I am reading this book, and loving it!! It is fiction, so I am not at all worried about its Incorrect Roots, Because anyone setting out to read the book and believe it as fact is wrong anyway :p. But it is a great mystery, wonderful book. I love it, does anyone else?

Ry
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It was alright. The movie was also alright. It's hard for me to take it seriously because it's operating far outside the realm of believibility, as far as I'm concerned though.

Just turns me off.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Out of curiosity l4m, what page are you up to?
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

I read to Chapter 19 Jonathan, I read it yesterday (monday) On my way back from Missouri. I have not got VERY far, But i love it so far, So i cannot dictate on its entire content right now, because I have not got that far yet, but I have heard about it was controversial, and I taped a thing on the history channel about it, so I am educated in its content that way.

Ry
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

How do you read a book and love it, when it attacks the very thing Christians stand for? I don't know, I think I wouldn't give the money to read that.

And there are many people deceived by the book and questioning their stand of faith, and especially the people in the mission field are having a hard time.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Samwise wrote:How do you read a book and love it, when it attacks the very thing Christians stand for?
I haven't read it, but all I want to say is.... IT'S FICTION! The guy who wrote it said himself it's fiction. It wasn't intended to attack anyone.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shad Lexer wrote:
Samwise wrote:How do you read a book and love it, when it attacks the very thing Christians stand for?
I haven't read it, but all I want to say is.... IT'S FICTION! The guy who wrote it said himself it's fiction. It wasn't intended to attack anyone.
And yet, in the front of the book, he writes that all historical data, info on religion, etc described in the book is true.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

that book was written for a reason to attack christ! I have a DVD all about it, it will very enlighing
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Jonathan wrote:
Shad Lexer wrote:
And yet, in the front of the book, he writes that all historical data, info on religion, etc described in the book is true.
"FACT: The priority of Sion-- A Europian secret society founded in 1099--is a real organization. In 1975 Paris's Bibliotheque Nationale discovered parchments known as Les Dossiers Secrets, identifying numerous members of the priority of Sion, including Sir Isaac Newton, Bottielli, Victor Hugo, and Leonardo Da Vinci.

The Vatican prelature known as Opus Dei is a deeply devout Catholic sect that has been the topic of recent controversy due to Brain washing, coercion, and a dangerous practice known as "Corporal Mortification." Opus Dei has just completed construction of a $47 million National Headquarters at 243 Lexington Avenue in New York City.
All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate."
Is this what you are talking about Jonathan?

Ry
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

btw priority of Sion wasn't founded in 1099 :shame:
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Why? I dont know, I am just asking why you think that. That is just a direct quote from the book. (c).

Ry
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

yes it was but Dan Brown got that wrong
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

livin4messiah wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Shad Lexer wrote:
"FACT: The priority of Sion-- A Europian secret society founded in 1099--is a real organization. In 1975 Paris's Bibliotheque Nationale discovered parchments known as Les Dossiers Secrets, identifying numerous members of the priority of Sion, including Sir Isaac Newton, Bottielli, Victor Hugo, and Leonardo Da Vinci.

The Vatican prelature known as Opus Dei is a deeply devout Catholic sect that has been the topic of recent controversy due to Brain washing, coercion, and a dangerous practice known as "Corporal Mortification." Opus Dei has just completed construction of a $47 million National Headquarters at 243 Lexington Avenue in New York City.
All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate."

Is this what you are talking about Jonathan?

Ry
That last sentence, yes.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

there are so many books out there to read that i just dont' want to waste time with a book which is so against our faith. however, i have heard that it is interesting and all. it's just not for me.