Mothers

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Mothers

Post by Evil Chick »

Mother's Day is coming up, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread honoring all mothers.

Honor your mother here, tell us why she's great, and you can even post a picture of her.

I'll start:

My mom is great because she's my best friend. I can tell her everything, and she understands me. We have a lot of fun together, and she's wonderful!!

Here's a picture of my mom and me when we were in the States in March.

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw this thread . . . I thought you were going to suggest we have some mothers perusing through the ToO. :shock:

. . . not that I have a problem with moms visiting this board or anything. :anxious:

Huzzah for mothers! \:D/ If they weren't around, we wouldn't be either. :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

My mom is awesome. She has always been really supportive. I used to resent her as a kid, but now I am so thankful God placed her as my mom. She is not like my best friend or anything, but we both really love eachother and would do anything for eachother. And she knows what is best for me before I do.......:-

She hates this picture of her........... :anxious: I admit, it's not the most flattering of her, but I think it's cute!!!!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My mom is great! One thing I really appreciate about her is that she has taught all of us kids at home and spent all those years investing so much time into us. =D>

She cooks great meals too. :D
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I love my mom O:) She's really fun, she's really cool \:D/ makes the best cakes in the whole world O:)
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Oh yeah--my mom's an AWESOME cook too. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've always known that my mom loves me, and she's set a great exampl for me as a Christian woman. She's the reason that I started volunteering in the preschool room at my church many years ago - I did because she did. She is kind and gracious, and definitely a better person than I am in many ways! I'm glad that I have such a great mom!

Those pictures are great, happysmiler and jessicado! \:D/

(And my mom is a great cook too - I love desserts!) :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My dear sweet mother is the best in the world! (But I think that #1 Mom mugs are horrid, so I didn't get her one for Mother's Day.) :D
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Thanks Catspaw!

I got my mom this antique marble baking pin (like for cooking....I just forgot the name of it! Brain lapse........or is it called a roller? Seriously, what is wrong with me......I think it's a baking pin--but now that I think about it--that is a stupid name--why would they call it that? You don't pin it anywhere? Ok--well it's the thing with handles you use to roll and flatten dough) and it still has it's base holder. My mom used to have one and it cracked and she hasn't gotten a new one because they are so cheaply made so when I saw this I knew I had to get it for her.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

ummm a rolling pin?
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

DUDE!!! Thats it!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: (thanks Jesusfreak)

Baking pin...roller--I was kinda on the right track :-
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

jessicado wrote:DUDE!!! Thats it!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: (thanks Jesusfreak)

Baking pin...roller--I was kinda on the right track :-
Haha! I love you, Jessicado! :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I got my mom a mug for mother's day, but not one of those #1 mom mugs, I think they're awful, too. I had one made with a picture of me and my siblings on it. Here's the picture:

mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

cute pic, all the sibilings all hugging eachothere \:D/
Image [img]
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

My Mom always tries to carry all the groceries into the house in one trip (there are five kids in our family). She has homeschooled us all our entire lives. I don't like #1 anything mugs. Come to think of it what do I have to give Mom...um...a hug.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Evil Chick wrote:I got my mom a mug for mother's day, but not one of those #1 mom mugs, I think they're awful, too. I had one made with a picture of me and my siblings on it. Here's the picture:

the kid on the left looks like someone I know.

My mom is a really great mom. For one thing she teaches my younger siblings (Which is very very hard).
...I hate marquees.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

J-man wrote:My mom is a really great mom. For one thing she teaches my younger siblings (Which is very very hard).
You or your siblings? O:)

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

My siblings. Try teaching them math :bolt:
...I hate marquees.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

Ahhh, I love mom and daughter pictures! Cuz you can get an idea of what momma looked like in former years and what daughter will look like in the future!

My mom doesn't like us doing anything for her on mothers day. She thinks its dumb that you have to do something just because the calendar says you should. She'd rather you think up the idea of getting her something or doing something for her on your own. And I guess that makes sence, if you don't forget :p
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love my mother very much, but when the month of May hits...LOOK OUT!!! Her birthday is only a few days after Mother's Day so when May hits it becomes Mother's month...sort of. My mother is a firm believer in Mother's Day eve and Mother's Day weekend. Fun for her not so fun for us. Oh well. My mom is fun to do stuff with and is a good cook....even though I'm a picky eater, everyone else likes what she cooks. I love my mom. :hug: