who is your favorite auther

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

Frank Peretti for his first two major novels: This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness. His Cooper Kid Adventures were also very good.

Ohhh, wait! I forgot! I also really, really admire John Piper. He's not a Christian fiction novelist though. He's a powerful instrument of God though with his writing.

also, I like bill myers for his "Blood of Heaven" book. I think that's what it is called anyway.

Edit - Double posts removed, the "Edit" button is their for a reason. ;) - NatetheGreat
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sweet Alaska wrote:Ann M. Martin, Franklin W. Dixon and Carlyon Keen, I love the Baby-Sitters Club, The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.
When I was around your age, I would have said the exact same thing! \:D/ I still enjoy reading some Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books, though not as much as I used to. The Baby-sitters Club books started getting harder to enjoy after I realized that I was older then all of them, but still had a far less cool life. ;)

I've been reading a lot of books by Linda Windsor recently - definitely a good Christian fiction author, in my opinion! \:D/

And LiviNoel, please try to avoid double-posting. :) It's generally discouraged, but with the current story arc, Dr. Blackgaard has been coming down hard on minor infractions like double-posting. :(
Last edited by Catspaw on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

My favorite authors:
Louisa May Alcott
L.M. Montgomery
Michael Phillips
Al Lacy (sometimes)
L.B. Graham
Chuck Black
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I definitely agree with you on L.M. Montgomery, Karin! \:D/ Personally, I found Al and Joanna Lacy ridiculously dull and repetitive when I read a few of their books, but perhaps they've improved, or perhaps I'm a tad critical. ;) I did enjoy a few books by them, but then they all started sounding the same. My sister read more of their books then I did, and she eventually started to think the same thing. But if you're still enjoying the books, that's good!

I can never pick just one favourite author, and even a list is hard, because there so many authors that I like! \:D/
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

Catspaw wrote:I can never pick just one favourite author, and even a list is hard, because there so many authors that I like! \:D/
I totally agree. Though I would say C.S. Lewis is close to the top of any list because he tends to be my hero.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

That is so hard. I really like Eva Ibbotson, Diana Wynne Jones, Eric and Leslie Ludy, Brian Jacques, Cornelia Funke, Ted Dekker...and the list goes on!

Oh, and James. He's my favoritest of favorites.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

C.S. Lewis is definitely my favorite author cause I love the Chronicle of Narnia!!!!!!!!!! I just wish he would've made more :(
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I would say
Chuck Black,
Franklin W Dixon,
C.S. Lewis,
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Christian- C.S. Lewis, Janette Oak, and Francine rivers, I also like the guy that wrote More than a carpender (i just dont like that book)
non christian- Avi, and there are others i just cant remember there names.
LEa
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Liz_Horton wrote:Christian- C.S. Lewis, Janette Oak, and Francine rivers, I also like the guy that wrote More than a carpender (i just dont like that book)
LEa
Josh McDowell seems to be the author of "More Than a Carpenter." :)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Louis Sachar! He wrote "There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

He's great! Didn't he write all the Sideways School stories or whatever they were called? Good times. \:D/ And "Holes" - that was a good book too.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

the God of the bible \:D/
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I agree with PC Pro :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I think Eric and Leslie Ludy are my very favorite authors, but Matt Redman and Josh Harris come in close second.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Catspaw wrote:
Liz_Horton wrote:Christian- C.S. Lewis, Janette Oak, and Francine rivers, I also like the guy that wrote More than a carpender (i just dont like that book)
LEa
Josh McDowell seems to be the author of "More Than a Carpenter." :)
Thank you i wanted to say Tim Jenkins but i knew that wasn't even a person yet a mixture of Tim Lahay and Jerry Jinkins
Lea
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I love Tim LaHayne, Jerry Jenkins, Paul McCusker, and Tolkin.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Ted Dekker, for his way of making the impossible seem real, exciting, and deep.

Jane Austen, for her unparalleled romances (especially Pride and Prejudice)

I also like Harriet Beecher Stowe, Robert Louis Stevenson, Francine Rivers, and C.S. Lewis.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Melody Carlson, Ann Brashares, Jodi Lynn Anderson, Kate Brian and Meg Cabot.
i read House (by ted dekker and frank peretti) as well and it wasn't all that great. Apparently they are making it into a movie.
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

JRR Tolken
CS Lewis
The Guy who wrote Dinotopia

Sadly thats most of the books I've read from different authors... That I can Remember...

-Robo