Hood

by Stephen R. Lawhead

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Hood

Post by Lord_Kappa »

This book comes out on the 5th. If any of you like fantasy fiction or historical fiction this is your book.
Mr. Lawhead is a Christian author who doesn't write Christian books, he writes good books that have a Christian worldview.
His work is superb! And I strongly encourage you to read any of his many fantasy books, including The Song of Albion saga, The Pendragon Cycle, Byzantium... etc.
This is his latest work, and focuses on the legend of Robin Hood. It has a new twist to the classic tale, and casts the story in a more realistic and earthy light.

This has been an unpaid advertisement by a member of the reading public who recently finished the book Hood and greatly enjoyed it.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Robin Hood is always an interesting guy to read about! \:D/ I haven't read any books by that author before, but I'll definitely look him up at the library next time I'm there! The "Hood" book definitely sounds like something I might like!
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

I read the galley (unedited edition) of Hood last week. It is excellent.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I saw it in the Christianbooks.com flier. Sounds intruiging.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm seriously looking this one over. I don't know yet if I am going to buy it since I am still reading Brock and Bodie Thoene and will be for a while yet.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm seriously looking this one over, it looks very good. I don't know yet if I am going to buy it since I am still reading Brock and Bodie Thoene and will be for a while yet.