Macs or Windows

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What are better?

Beautiful, Wonderful Macs!
30%
Windows.
58%
Something else
13%

Total votes: 64

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Macs or Windows

Post by Fei »

This is probaly a thread but any way!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Macs are not beautiful or wonderful! :x

... :anxious:

:noway:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

HEY MACS FANS! Bought any MAC software at Wal-Mart lately? :D You can find the shelves full of PC software though!! Hehehehe... WINDOWS RULES!
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

rickyderocher wrote:HEY MACS FANS! Bought any MAC software at Wal-Mart lately? :D You can find the shelves full of PC software though!! Hehehehe... WINDOWS RULES!
:mad: Lots of stuff runs on Macs!!!! Just wal-mart is not 1337 enough to carry them. :noway: I like Linux, more than mac and windows but if I had to choose, Macs would definately be my choice, but I have to go, so I will comment on this further on down the road.

Ry
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

In our house it is Macs and Windows is a cuss word.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Laurie wrote:In our house it is Macs and Windows is a cuss word.
Hahahahah!! :hilarious: Yeah. Windows is ok...But it is not that good :(. Macs offer more, and so does linux. Im afraid that windows is on the low end :(.

Ry
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

It all depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to use it for gaming then a PC is the way to go. If you want to use it for music then you want a Mac. I am used to PC's so that's what I enjoy using most. And besides, Mac's don't have Word Document or Powerpoint.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

mine does!
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Did you use software to upload it? My brother did that as well, however those programs are not as good as Windows Word, it doesn't have the best feature ever, autocorrect. \:D/
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

rickyderocher wrote:HEY MACS FANS! Bought any MAC software at Wal-Mart lately? :D You can find the shelves full of PC software though!! Hehehehe... WINDOWS RULES!
Just because something is more readily available does not make it better, like in the case of VHS vs. Beta. But Apple has realized this along the way, and they made a lot of changes to prevent getting killed by the big guys.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

If you'd asked me two days ago, I would have said Windows without pausing to think. However, yesterday I was forced to use a Mac all day...and it was really cool! Now, I found them much more confusing than PCs, and I didn't really like the way everything was laid out, but I liked the computer overall.

On the other hand, I've grown up with Windows. I know how PCs work, I know how to control them, and I feel most at home with them. I doubt I could ever like Macs more than PCs, but I may be converted enough to want to own both...
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

We have Windows XP. I like it. :yes:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

livin4messiah wrote:
Laurie wrote:In our house it is Macs and Windows is a cuss word.
Hahahahah!! :hilarious: Yeah. Windows is ok...But it is not that good :(. Macs offer more, and so does linux. Im afraid that windows is on the low end :(.

Ry
Unless you want like...more than just 5 programs. ;)
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

That's because Macs aren't made to run cheap software...that's what makes them last forever. I guess PCs last a while too but don't do much more than a paperweight....
Lord_Kappa wrote:Did you use software to upload it? My brother did that as well, however those programs are not as good as Windows Word, it doesn't have the best feature ever, autocorrect. \:D/
It does have to autocorrect, it's under preferences...it may not work as well but that is because it was written by Microsoft. A computer nut friend of mine told me that Mac laid down certain guideline or whatever for Microsoft to follow and they didn’t, so that’s why it doesn’t work as well. But that’s okay cause you can buy iWork, which is better than Microsoft office.
Applesauce wrote:If you'd asked me two days ago, I would have said Windows without pausing to think. However, yesterday I was forced to use a Mac all day...and it was really cool! Now, I found them much more confusing than PCs, and I didn't really like the way everything was laid out, but I liked the computer overall.

On the other hand, I've grown up with Windows. I know how PCs work, I know how to control them, and I feel most at home with them. I doubt I could ever like Macs more than PCs, but I may be converted enough to want to own both...
My Church's worship leader (a PC guy) was forced to use a Mac for a week and while it took some getting used to after I showed him a few things he was ready to buy one...his wife wouldn't let him though...lol

So that’s my two cents….

Peace out.

~ Mac

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

macnut24 wrote:That's because Macs aren't made to run cheap software...that's what makes them last forever. I guess PCs last a while too but don't do much more than a paperweight....
PC's don't do much more than a paperweight?? You must admit that statement is pretty stupid!

I've written stories, made games (With editors like Adventure Game Studio which are WINDOWS only and can't be run on a MAC!), burned music CDs, played games (lots of old DOS games -yeah!), edited photos, and have done many, many other things on my PC! Hardly a paperweight!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

rickyderocher wrote:
macnut24 wrote:That's because Macs aren't made to run cheap software...that's what makes them last forever. I guess PCs last a while too but don't do much more than a paperweight....
PC's don't do much more than a paperweight?? You must admit that statement is pretty stupid!

I've written stories, made games (With editors like Adventure Game Studio which are WINDOWS only and can't be run on a MAC!), burned music CDs, played games (lots of old DOS games -yeah!), edited photos, and have done many, many other things on my PC! Hardly a paperweight!
Um...that was a joke...

First of all that is pretty basic. I wrote a story on a mac when I was like 5 years old...any computer can do that. The ability to burn CDs is pretty much standard with everything now. Photo editing software should come on any computer...if a computer doesn't have something so basic it's, well, sad. I will say that if all you want to do is play games windows is the way to go...

But since I'm not really into games, I need a mac. I'm into film and video editing and Macs are great at all that stuff. And yes I know most windows come windows movie maker but that application is not very good.

But like I said if you bought a computer to play games and write stories windows in the way to go...cheap and compatible. You can even buy software at Walmart...

Peace out.

~ Mac

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Hmmm... My brother has done quite a bit of video editing on my PC using Pinnalce Studio... but then again my system has been upgraded to 1.5 GB of RAM and a 256 MEG nvida graphic card.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

WINDSHEAR wrote:Macs are not beautiful or wonderful! :x

... :anxious:

:noway:
agrees WINDOWS allll the way!! \:D/ \:D/
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

macnut24 wrote:But since I'm not really into games, I need a mac. I'm into film and video editing and Macs are great at all that stuff. And yes I know most windows come windows movie maker but that application is not very good.
I agree that Windows Movie Maker isn't that good (in fact, it's terrible!) But, there are other programs for video editing on Windows. I'm into video editing as well, and so far I've been able to do everything I've wanted in that area on a Windows. Mac may be better at it, but it's not the only computer that can do that. ;)
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I'm the only one who voted "Somthing else". :( Gentoo Linux pwns all! \:D/

EDIT:
Bingo! You just pointed out the only reason Microsoft is in business; they have a monopoly! \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy