Patch the Pirate

...ever heard of him?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Patch the Pirate

Post by JesusIsAlive »

when you were younger (or now) did you (or do you) listen to Patch the Pirate? I used to love it!
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I used to love listening to him, and I still love listening to him! One of my favorite Patch the Pirates is The Custard's Last Stand. :D
I love the puns in the tapes. Puns that you don't get when you're a little kid that make it so much fun to listen to when you're older. :D
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I did and do. \:D/ I was even in a play, The Calliope Caper. I played Peanut, and had lots of fun. Mississipi River Race and Evolution Revolution are my favorites.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Mississippi river race is my absolute favorite. I know about all the songs on there. It is actually a blast to listen to. and I think that you are right karen, the puns are especially funny now. Squirrel, does your church have a Patch the pirate program?
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Squirrel, does your church have a Patch the pirate program?
No. The play was done at my school (part of the church), and a Patch the Pirate play was performed every spring. I think they just bought the books. We've long since moved on to another school/church since then.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Oh, wow! We used to listen to them ALL OF THE TIME! And Majesty Music's music too. But, pretty soon we grew out of them. We have them all in a box somewhere.... :-k
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Laura Ingalls and I used to listen all the time to Patch. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

In first grade our teacher played them for us a lot. \:D/
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I think it had a good way of putting songs into the story. Kinda like a musical, but not. What is your favorite song(s)?
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

looking back, most of the songs were rather annoying (in my humble opinion). My brother used to fast-forward through them so he could hear the story.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There were "silly songs" and "serious songs." Some of the really silly ones I didn't care for, but I liked most of the songs. :) I still ask for the newest Patch CD every Christmas...this year it's "The Villian of Venice." I enjoyed the last one, "Kashmir Kid," it had several good songs on it, That's What Friends are For, Moment of Time, and others.

*wanders off singing, "Hippocritter, hippocritter! You say one thing and do the oppositter...."*

;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Hippocritter reminds me... Some of my cousins and I were going to sing that song for the talent show at camp back in June, but the talent show ended up being moved, and we decided not to.

I like pretty much all of the songs, including the silly ones, but I don't sing the silly songs much because they're not fun to sing alone.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Wow....that's like, old! we used to have 2 (Giant Killer and Misterslippi River Race or whatever it's called *yeesssss, bossssssssssssssssssss*) but, we lost Giant Killer...we still listen to the other one though sometimes. We have the Giant Killer music book though....wow *smiles* childhood memories!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I loooove Patch the Pirate! I grew up with them, I think we wore a lot of our tapes out. :-D
aero
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by aero »

I LOVED Patch the Pirate. Those tapes were amazing.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Welcome to the ToO aero!
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

We still have some of them, not exactly sure where.... :anxious:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I loved Patch the Pirate! In fact, I found our old tapes this summer, and listened to them. We have Evolution Revolution, Misterslippi River Race, and the one in Australia...can't remember what it's called.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I have two of them
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Ron Hamilton came to a previous church I attended many years ago. I had him sign my "Cherish The Moment" cd. I bought my daughter one of the Treasure Packs (it has several tapes in one volume).
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!