book the 13th - The End

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Neither. It's going to be a bittersweet ending. How can you have a happy ending when your father died?
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

SoUE The End made the cover of the current World magazine.

http://www.worldmag.com/archives/2006-10-07
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

My family loves theose books
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

OK. So it's coming out next Friday, and I think I'm going to go to the bookstore and get it and the Beatrice Letters, and I'll read the Beatrice Letters first to prolong the suspense.

But here's the thing. My library has this cool search thing online. When you search a book, and the book comes up, next to it there's a list of related subjects that are in that book, so that you can search for those subjects as well. Sometimes it shows the names of the characters, and when I did a search for The Beatrice Letters, it showed her name on the side...with the last name! It's kind of a surprise, but I still haven't figured out EXACTLY who she is. For those of you who care to know her last name: [size=0]It's BAUDELAIRE!! Could it be their mother?! Or is it another relative...?[/size]

UGH! I can't wait!!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I got it today!!! \:D/

I'm halfway through the book now.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Arwen wrote:I got it today!!! \:D/

I'm halfway through the book now.
How is it? Mine is still on its way from amazon.com
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

i am hurrying thru th 11th book i rly want to see how it ends,
me and my friend are planing on reading them all then watching the movie cuz we both havnt seen it, were haveing a party of unfortunate events!

cant wait!

sweet pea
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

:mad: I'm so excited! I just re-read the 12th book, I can't wait to get the thirteenth!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

To me, anyway, the book was...satisfying. If you read the Beatrice Letters as well (you should read them first, and then reread some of them afterwards), the story is pretty much wrapped up nicely. I also cried a little for the first time, partly because I figured out who "Beatrice" is/was, and what implications that had on what was about to happen, and also because it was 3am and I was overtired.

Overall, I liked the series a lot.
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

i just finished the 11th *begging mom to make a trip to the library to get next book *

sweet pea
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

I finally read it last week. I really liked all of the allusions to the story of the fall in Genesis.