Odyssey is in OHIO?!?!?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AREM350
Hexadecimal teenager

Odyssey is in OHIO?!?!?

Post by AREM350 »

I had no idea that this idea was ever addressed but in "Whit's Visitor" that's what it says but then again in "Underground Railroad" the slaves were running north to cross the Ohio River. And before they got to the Ohio they came to Rev. Andrew's church (Whit's End). So that would make it south of the Ohio. But there's no way that a city could be south of the Ohio River and in the state of Ohio :-s....anyone follow that? lol well if we've learned anything over the years it's that the writers are human i suppose
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Yessss.....Odyssey IS in Ohio. ;)

In fact one of the people in conjunction with Focus on the Family was talking about the program before the program went on *when it was still FP* said that Odyssey was in Ohio. \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yep, I have known that for a while.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

AREM350 wrote:I had no idea that this idea was ever addressed but in "Whit's Visitor" that's what it says but then again in "Underground Railroad" the slaves were running north to cross the Ohio River. And before they got to the Ohio they came to Rev. Andrew's church (Whit's End). So that would make it south of the Ohio. But there's no way that a city could be south of the Ohio River and in the state of Ohio :-s....anyone follow that? lol well if we've learned anything over the years it's that the writers are human i suppose
Actually, they cross the Ohio long before they get to Rev. Andrew's house and church. So Odyssey is definitely north of the Ohio River.

I don't believe that the Family Portraits episodes are necessarily Odyssey "canon." There are a number of facts in those shows that contradict what Odyssey eventually became. For example, in that same show, Whit's description of the history of Whit's End is very different than what Tom tells in "Recollections."

In short, Odyssey MAY OR MAY NOT be in Ohio. :D

Nathan
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Well, I would certainly believe it's in that area...I know it's at least east of Chicago based on several of the shows where the characters were traveling.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I have a theory about where it possibly is, but I'm still working at putting the pieces together.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Everyone knows it's in Ohio.. :-
...I hate marquees.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Where in Ohio? I'm usually up in the Ohio area once a year. :-
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Sorry, terrible geography student here. Don't forget I live in Ireland. Where on EARTH (besides America) is Ohio? :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Go to this map and zoom out once or twice and you'll have a good idea of where it is.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Even though it may be geographically wrong, I think Odyssey is suposed to be a place in your mind.
Did anybody else notice that in one episode that they crossed Lake Michigan to get to Canada? ;)
*returns*
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Jonathan wrote:Go to this map and zoom out once or twice and you'll have a good idea of where it is.
Thanks! \:D/
And wow!
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
In short, Odyssey MAY OR MAY NOT be in Ohio. :D

Nathan
This gladdens my heart. I never liked the whole Odyssey being in Ohio thinking. Perhaps it's really around the Minneapolis / St. Paul metropolitan area... ;)
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

Ohio? No, no. It must be somewhere conservative like Los Angeles or New York. :-#
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Katherine Doyle wrote:Did anybody else notice that in one episode that they crossed Lake Michigan to get to Canada? ;)
If you go to Canada, you'll notice that that fact was listed as a goof.

edit-haha, wow, I didn't mean that. Replace Canada with aiohq.com
jollyholiday wrote:Perhaps it's really around the Minneapolis / St. Paul metropolitan area... ;)
I'll gladly second that :D
Last edited by Jonathan on Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:In short, Odyssey MAY OR MAY NOT be in Ohio. :D
I think what Nathan's meaning is that it could be anywhere, as in there is no set defined place where they have decided it is. Like Katherine said, a place in your mind.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jasper Dale wrote:Ohio? No, no. It must be somewhere conservative like Los Angeles or New York. :-#
A city within a city eh? ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

EK wrote:
Jasper Dale wrote:Ohio? No, no. It must be somewhere conservative like Los Angeles or New York. :-#
A city within a city eh? ;)
Yeah, haven't you ever been to London, England? ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

just toi let you know we know Odyyssey is not in LA or anywere in CA at all bc they talk about whits family being in CA and how ether ppl have never been to CA for. and i highly dout its in NY, NY is to popular of a state. I know its in OHIO they say so!!!!!!!!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

No, they said so in Family Portraits, which is technically separate from AIO. Read Nathan's post above. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon