Buttercream Gang

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
AREM350
Hexadecimal teenager

Buttercream Gang

Post by AREM350 »

Does anyone remember these classic movies!? I was talkin to some of my boys and asked them about and they looked at me like i was nuts. Anyone used to watch 'em?
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I still do. :D
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I saw one or two and liked them..and then watched one when I got older and realized that they were put out by Mormons and that the theology is all messed up. :(

At least..I think it's the Buttercream gang I'm thinking of.

EDIT: I looked it up and I was right. The prodicers for the Buttercream Gang and many others are Mormon.

My biggest problem with the movies is how messed up the doctrine is and how these movies are for kids to supposedly teach them a little while entertaining them. Sory, but I don't want my kids watching stuff like that that tries to indoctrinate with false information. (Sorry I'm a little harsh here, but I know alot about mormanism and how stuff can be twisted from scripture in a way that may not seem wrong at first but ends up being totally unbiblical and blasphemous.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I've only seen one, and didn't know that they in fact made more than the one we have, actually. I'm sorry to hear that they've got bad theology behind them. I don't really remember learning anything that wierd from it while growing up. What was wrong about the series?
Not dead yet.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

In the Treasure hunt-y one I cant remember what it's called, but it involves a lighthouse and a monestary type thing. Anyway the Priest or whoever he is talks about God and a bunch of stuff related there, and everything hesaid wasREALLY messed up. A lot of it was how you needed to be a good person and stuff like that. I can't remember specific details as it's been several years since I've seen it. If you have the films, I suggest pulling them out again and rewatching the Ep I mentioned and see if you can find what I'm talking about. grr *wishes she could remember it better*
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

I watched those when I was like...7 or something. We probly still have them in a box somewhere..
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I wasn't aware that it was a series... :-k I've gotten a video from the library called The Buttercream Gang, and it was supposed to be family and Christian friendly, if I remember right. I don't know if it's the same thing or not.

The one I saw was where one of the club of boys went to the city and fell in with a bad crowd. Is that what you're talking about? I remember liking it except for the dance part. ;) I haven't seen it in awhile though.
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Hey Laura, that's the same one that we have! You can see how if you just saw that one you wouldn't know if they actually made a series of episodes or if it was just that one. How many were there made in all? A brief search only uncovered The Buttercream Gang and The Buttercream Gang in the Secret of Treasure Mountain. Is that all she wrote?
Not dead yet.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I used to have that movie. I like the classic movies!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Never heard of it. But did anyone know that It's A Wonderful Life is also a movie with a Mormon point of view?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

David O wrote:Hey Laura, that's the same one that we have! You can see how if you just saw that one you wouldn't know if they actually made a series of episodes or if it was just that one. How many were there made in all? A brief search only uncovered The Buttercream Gang and The Buttercream Gang in the Secret of Treasure Mountain. Is that all she wrote?
I've only heard of those two.

We watched them in school when I was a kid. I remember thinking the second one was sort of cool, with the treasure hunting and stuff, but the first one was all helping up old ladies that fell on the floor and my all time favorite stupidly over-dramatic movie quote; "Is that a threat?" "No! It's a promise!" (or whatever variation).
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I remember that line! :lol: It was rather cheesy, wasn't it? ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

JesusFreak777 wrote:I saw one or two and liked them..and then watched one when I got older and realized that they were put out by Mormons and that the theology is all messed up. :(

At least..I think it's the Buttercream gang I'm thinking of.

EDIT: I looked it up and I was right. The prodicers for the Buttercream Gang and many others are Mormon.

My biggest problem with the movies is how messed up the doctrine is and how these movies are for kids to supposedly teach them a little while entertaining them. Sory, but I don't want my kids watching stuff like that that tries to indoctrinate with false information. (Sorry I'm a little harsh here, but I know alot about mormanism and how stuff can be twisted from scripture in a way that may not seem wrong at first but ends up being totally unbiblical and blasphemous.
Napoleon Dynamite was done by Mormon's too and the theology in that is spot ON! :D
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I saw a movie. There was a good gang and they did good works. Pete went to Chicago and was in a bad gang. Scott tried to bring him back to God and Pete stole and acted bad. At the end, it was all good and Pete had a good gang in Chicao. We have the video. My brothers said there was a 2nd movie, without Pete, and a new guy.
They did good deeds and helped people, Old lady fell in her house and they climbed in upstairs window and helped her up.

I did not know it was made by Mormons.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103900/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268624/

Yea it is a LDS movie
http://www.ldsvideo.com/index.asp?PageA ... &ProdID=64