Karen Kingsbury

Has anyone read any of her books?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Karen Kingsbury

Post by H Tide »

I've been reading Karen Kingsbury's books for a little while. The books classify as Christian fiction, and most of her books are "emotionally gripping." :mecry: I've read the Redemption series and have just started her Firstborn series. I really like her books and can't wait for new ones to be released!
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

My mom LOVES her books! Shes read all of the Mitford series!
*returns*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Katherine Doyle wrote:My mom LOVES her books! Shes read all of the Mitford series!
I think that "At Home at Mitford" and other Mitford books were actually written by Jan Karon, or something like that. :) You might want to double-check with your mom if you're thinking of the right books.

I read a few Karen Kingsbury books several years ago, and my sister used to like them, but I really don't have much interest in them. They seem a bit too pathetic and sensationalist. I've read a ton of Christian fiction, which makes it easier to become a bit too used to the plots and stuff, but really, she wouldn't be the first author that I would ever recommend to anybody else. :anxious:
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Catspaw wrote:
Katherine Doyle wrote:My mom LOVES her books! Shes read all of the Mitford series!
I think that "At Home at Mitford" and other Mitford books were actually written by Jan Karon, or something like that. :) You might want to double-check with your mom if you're thinking of the right books.

I read a few Karen Kingsbury books several years ago, and my sister used to like them, but I really don't have much interest in them. They seem a bit too pathetic and sensationalist. I've read a ton of Christian fiction, which makes it easier to become a bit too used to the plots and stuff, but really, she wouldn't be the first author that I would ever recommend to anybody else. :anxious:
Ha ha, whoops. Well, they both have Karen in them. Anybody could do it! :bolt:
*returns*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Mitford series is written by Jan Karon. I have read Karen Kingsbury, she is excellent.
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I recently was introduced to Karen Kingsbury through a lady at our church. I absolutely love the Firstborn series and am recently reading the newest one, Found. Her other books are okay, but I don't get into modern Christian fiction too easily.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've read several of her books, but some of them are... :anxious: There's a couple that I really like. I don't remember the titles though.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

Ive read all of her books and aboustely love them. She is a fantastic writer and really knows how to tug at your heart strings. Her books make me laugh and cry and I usually finish them in one night because I cant stop reading them. Im so execited cause the 3rd book in her Firstborn serries just came out. But sadly its hasnt been realsed in Canada yet. I cant wait to read it.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've read a few of her books, but if I read modern Christian fiction, I prefer mysteries over the more sappy, romantic type books. ;)

But I did enjoy the Red Gloves series and the Treasury of Christmas Miracles. \:D/ I love Christmas stories... O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I read Forever, the last book in her Firstborn series, a few days ago, and I must say I was not impressed. It's the only book of hers' I've read (I was assigned to write a book review for it), but, considering that some of my friends have recommended her books to me in the past, I was surprised by how little substance and depth was in it.

I'm very critical of this genre, and while Karen Kingsbury might be a good writer, this certainly was not one of her better books...at least I hope it wasn't! :anxious: