Braces..

Does anybody have them?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Braces..

Post by Abigail »

I have had braces for a year and 3 months now, does anybody else out there have them? This thread is for advice, hints and tips for people who have braces
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I've had mine about a year and a half, along with oral surgery. Fun stuff. Thankfully, they've slowly been removing the junk in my mouth, so there's actually room in there. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ive had my braces for quite a while, I tend to ignore them. :P
renee
Just visiting

Post by renee »

I had braces for 2 years and 8 months. I always had a lot of blisters. They told me to use wax and to me the wax is not all that great to use. :?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My have been on for over two monthes now! I had to get a wire replaces two days ago, and my bottom teeth still hurt. :mecry:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

I got my braces off in late April. Oh man, I LOVE not having them. I had to have the rubber bands for about 4 months, and that wasn't too great.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I had braces back in 1997-1999/2000, I believe. :) My advice is: do what the doctor tells you. \:D/ Quite a novel idea, I know! :- Whenever I was in for a check-up/tightening, I couldn't believe the kids in there who just didn't do what they were supposed to! Of course, then the orthodontist would lecture them and say how it would just take longer if they didn't shape up.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I had braces from like 6th grade - 11th grade or so! \:D/

I still have these (apparently permanent) grooves cut into the sides of my mouth from the wire! \:D/
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I had braces back in 1997-1999/2000, I believe. :) My advice is: do what the doctor tells you. \:D/ Quite a novel idea, I know! :- Whenever I was in for a check-up/tightening, I couldn't believe the kids in there who just didn't do what they were supposed to! Of course, then the orthodontist would lecture them and say how it would just take longer if they didn't shape up.
Well, if they tell you not to eat popcorn, just do it anyway. You have to be more careful, but they don't get in the way as much as the doctors would have you believe. O:)
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

i don't have them! YAHOO!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

LarryTheCow wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I had braces back in 1997-1999/2000, I believe. :) My advice is: do what the doctor tells you. \:D/ Quite a novel idea, I know! :- Whenever I was in for a check-up/tightening, I couldn't believe the kids in there who just didn't do what they were supposed to! Of course, then the orthodontist would lecture them and say how it would just take longer if they didn't shape up.
Well, if they tell you not to eat popcorn, just do it anyway. You have to be more careful, but they don't get in the way as much as the doctors would have you believe. O:)
:shame: Bad Larry! Don't encourage them! :shame:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I had them for almost 3 years and hated them. i was so glad when they came off. now i just have to wear a retainer at night
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

If you ever eat carmel or taffy or that sticky stuff that your orthodontist tells you not to eat, dont chew on it..just suck on it like a jawbreaker.
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
LarryTheCow wrote:
:shame: Bad Larry! Don't encourage them! :shame:
Sowwy. :(
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

A kid in my cabin at camp who had braces, never brushed while he was there, and he had tons of gunk in there! >P
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Here's some advice:

No matter how much of a pain it is, keep flossing! I got a lot of cavities because I was too lazy to do the threading, etc for flossing. And would have saved some money if I'd just done it.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My dad nearly died every month when he entered the check to the orthodontist's office in the register - $250. For 2 years, every month. \:D/

Oh, while I'm posting, here's a lovely picture of me getting my braces put on at the very beginning! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dude, who takes pictures in the dentist's office? ;)

I had braces for just over two years, and have had them off for several years already, so I can't remember the pain anymore. ;) I didn't have many problems, and I never flossed. :anxious: I probably should have, though. I'm glad that my days of braces is over, though I still faithfully wear my retainer every night. I told my orthodontist that at my last dentist appointment (my dentist and orthodontist are the same person - much easier that way!) and he was somewhat surprised that I still wore it so much. It doen't bother me at all to wear it, and I like knowing that my teeth will for sure stay wonderful! \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

No I dont. I used to in 8th grade I finally got them off. I used to have really crooked teeth but not anymore. But thats obvious. They stunk wearing. I followed the orthodontists rules for like a couple of weeks then i was like whatever. I wanna eat SWEET candy. (no pun intended) So then I did and I never broke a bracket. Everyone give AIOfan15 a warm applause. Well yeah......
I do what I do.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:Dude, who takes pictures in the dentist's office? ;)
:lol: My mom, that's who! She takes pictures EVERYWHERE. O:) Getting braces was an event to be scrapbooked! ;)