?Do You Play An Instrument?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I used to play the piano but I quit because I hated taking lessons! I didn't mind just playing for fun but taking lessons was awful!#-o (sorry for those who just love it) :anxious: Now I just kind of play things for fun like guitar and piano.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I play alto and baritone saxophone, flute, recorder (yeah i can actually play more than hot-cross-buns), keyboard, piano, and recently trombone!!!

isn't that fun??? But i play alto sax in marching band. :D
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

Johndell wrote:I just started playing piano and taking lessons 3 weeks ago acctually. :sniff: AND EVEN THOUGH I'm not very good yet ](*,) it's a very rewarding experience when I master even a slight aspect of playing it =D>
Same exact thing here!!!!! I started threeish weeks ago..
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I used to play the piano (I did that for four years). Now I play the flute.
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

i play a litle piano, but MAINLY guitar! :D

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

A little bit of paino. But I want to play a bass guitar! \:D/
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Yeppers! I love playing music! \:D/

I have played the violin for 3 years, (2 years of which I took lessons)

And I took piano lessons for 1 year when i was 11. Then I picked it up again last summer and started playing again! I am not taking lessons, but the piano (IMO) is pretty easy to teach yourself.

And, I had to sell my piano to move here to Iowa, and now I don't have one :sniff: i miss it so much. It was my 'escape' if you will, especially when I was going through a tough time.

Oh well, I am blabbering (what's new?) \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Piano, Bass Guitar.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I don't really play any very well (I have *ahem* a little bit of trouble practicing on a regular basis... :oops: ), but I used to play the piano (I can still plunk out the notes and would kinda like to pick it up again, but I don't have a piano around to do so) and I'm trying to learn how to play guitar. :D I also played trumpet for awhile in grade school, but it wasn't by choice (our elementry school had band as a part of music class and they assigned you which instrument you would play... I wanted to play flute, but they had me play the trumpet. Needless to say, I wasn't very motivated to practice and remember very little if anything about how to play it now). I do sing though, if my voice counts as an instrument ;) ...
Christina S wrote:Yeppers! I love playing music! \:D/

I have played the violin for 3 years, (2 years of which I took lessons)

And I took piano lessons for 1 year when i was 11. Then I picked it up again last summer and started playing again! I am not taking lessons, but the piano (IMO) is pretty easy to teach yourself.

And, I had to sell my piano to move here to Iowa, and now I don't have one :sniff: i miss it so much. It was my 'escape' if you will, especially when I was going through a tough time.

Oh well, I am blabbering (what's new?) \:D/
Hey, I didn't know you lived in Iowa... I used to live there for awhile! Awww... I'm sorry about your piano. :( Is there any way you could get a keyboard that would be easier to move if you had to move again? I know they don't play as well as a piano (my roommate from last year plays piano... and violin too! But anyway.... she had a keyboard in our room, but didn't practice on it very often because liked the feel of a real piano better and would walk about a mile to practice several days a week), but it might be better than nothing... maybe you could try getting a weighted keyboard (though I know those are kinda expensive).

Now I'm rambling... ;)
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I play the recorder, and i used to be learning the piano but I quit because I hate it.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Piano.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I've been taking piano lessons for six or seven years. :D
Jonathan Park
Gold Member

Post by Jonathan Park »

I have played the piano for 6 years and have played the french horn for 3 years :-
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

I've play the Piano for about well ever sicne I can remeber and the Clarinet for 3 years. I would also like to learn to Harp. :boohoo:
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

NO, and I never plan to unless guitar!

But I can play the calculator! (get it Texas Instruments)LOL \:D/
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I'm one of the odd ones, because I like playing the piano!
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
nutmeg2011
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by nutmeg2011 »

footballgeek wrote:A little bit of paino. But I want to play a bass guitar! \:D/
you should totally learn!!! i play both electric bass guitar and an upright, and its lots of fun. plus, once you learn to play one, its much easier to pick up the other. and you can learn to play jaws. duhh-dun. duhhh-dun. duhdunduhdun duhdun AHHHH! heehee.
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

I've been playing piano for approx. 7 years. I used to highly dislike it, even wanted to quit taking lessons, but I enjoy it now, and am very glad I didn't quit.
My Mom may begin teaching me guitar, but we havn't quite got around to it yet.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I play a very little on the accordion.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

I played the recorder when i was younger, then the ukulele and now i'm taking up acoustic guitar.