Ask Aria!

Questions and Answers with Aria Curzon (aka) Mandy Straussberg!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:One very godly pastor at our church, who is indespensible to ourt ministy, and has a wonderful relationship with his wife and 2 daughters, is 10 years older than his wife. :)

And yes, they married late in life. ;)
Same with my parents; they're ten years apart and married when my Dad was 38 and my Mom was 27. That was over 22 years ago, and I have yet to witness a stronger marriage.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I have yet to witness a stronger marriage than my parents!!!!

(but they're only 4 months apart :()
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Aria, what did you think of the Novacom saga ?
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I don't know if I'll be on the forums tomorrow (at least until very late), so I'll just say "happy birthday" one day early. God bless you in the coming year. =D>
EDIT: It's 'tomorrow' now, and I am obviously back on the ToO. So I guess I could have just posted the birthday message today.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

I'll second Kris on that. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIA!!!!!!!
(I know I've already told you happy birthday in person several times, but this draws the birthday out longer;) Love ya!

Zac
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Have you ever played other AIO characters besides Clara, Mandy, and Mandy's roles on BTV and KYDS Radio?
I was listening to "The Pact" recently (the two-part adventure where Whit, Tom, and Mandy piece together clues from Agnes Riley's diaries to find out who "Jo" was, and it ended up being Joanne Allen). I've heard the story before, but this time I began to think young Joanne (heard in flashbacks) sounded sort of like you. Did you play young Joanne as well as Mandy?
I guess that would have made sense for Jo and Mandy to be played by the same voice actress, since at the end of part II we find out that they also looked alike at that age; I just hadn't thought of it in a long time.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Yay for courtship! (Some on the TH might remember my postive opinion about it. :-))

nn
Ariastar87
AIO Actress

Post by Ariastar87 »

Thanks all for your well wishes for my birthday, I appreciate your kind words. Sorry I have not been on a lot lately, I have been fairly busy of late. I'll be back though for more answers. And btw, just thought I'd let you all know that I told Lauren Schaffel (Liz) about this site, and she's excited about coming by for a visit, so keep your fingers crossed :)

~Aria~
God bless, and thanks for Listening to Adventures In Odyssey!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Aria, say, If I wanted to look into getting into the voice acting industry, what would be the best way to go about it? :)

Aslo, is their a way to have voice acting for a secondary job, and still hold a primary one?

(EDIT: This is the 3rd time I've posted this. :( If you get a chance, could you pleeaaase reply? ;) I just really want your opinion on this.) :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yeah, I'd like to know the answers to those questions as well.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Aria, say, If I wanted to look into getting into the voice acting industry, what would be the best way to go about it? :)

Aslo, is their a way to have voice acting for a secondary job, and still hold a primary one?

(EDIT: This is the 3rd time I've posted this. :( If you get a chance, could you pleeaaase reply? ;) I just really want your opinion on this.) :)
You're into voice acting? That's awesome! :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Aria, say, If I wanted to look into getting into the voice acting industry, what would be the best way to go about it? :)

EBs voice dosent smell good! :x ;)
Anyway, Aria I noticed that your Dad or what seems to be your Dad signed up, is this really your dad?
H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

The BC wrote:
UK SKATER wrote:
Kris Doyle wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:My good man, I have the same policy with my sisters. If you ever want to go on a boyfriend killing spree with me, call me up! ;)
I had that policy with my sister, except I know the guy she's interested in and know that he'll behave...
Yeah, kinda like FluteBoy and Aria.
did you guys realise there 6 years apart!! thats like me dating a 17 year old!
A little maturity here.

The older you get, the more the mental, spiritual maturity levels throughout ages compress and became closer to the extent that the ones you love may seem to be the same age. Parents which are 6 years apart, or more, for example, are rarely regarded as making a weird decision in their younger years. Afterall, they once dated with that age-span before.

Oh well, statistics prove that people tend to eventually catch up in age over time...

Euh, wait...:anxious:

BC

so i can date a 17 year old? yay!

*rings up the one i like*

-uk skater
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

UK SKATER wrote:so i can date a 17 year old? yay!

-uk skater
No, no; the key point was MATURITY, remember? :D ;)
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
ARIASMOM
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by ARIASMOM »

FluteBoy wrote:
Brian wrote:
FluteBoy wrote:Your signature? Why, how about an inspiring quote from "Santa with Muscles", your Favorite Movie of All Time, Aria! :D
\:D/ That movie is so awesome!!! Hulk Hogan doesn't get awesome roles like that anymore. :(
Yes, and Aria would love to burn every copy of that movie in existence if she could ;)

=; That is not true Zac, please don't speak for her. Maybe you are just kidding but that movie, while having it's limits theatrically is precious to us because it was Aria's first on camera one and to even disparage it kiddingly saying she would burn all copies is not true. I think these posts should be kept to discussions about AIO.
FluteBoy wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:In real life did you dot your I's with hearts? ;)
Ha ha, yes she does! And don't let her deny it! :D

:-# She dots them with stars. Let her answer for herself, please, thanks.
FluteBoy wrote:
UK SKATER wrote:so i can date a 17 year old? yay!

-uk skater
No, no; the key point was MATURITY, remember? :D ;)
=; :-$ =; :-$ :shame: #-o :shame: #-o
:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
OK, In alll the time in Aria's career as her mom and manager I have managed to keep our private life private and even on her own website guestbook she has not gotten some of the weird stuff that some other girls get from "fans" (weird questions, suggestive stuff. I feel that if Aria herself really wants something to be known it will happen in due time and in the right way.She did not initiate this topic and she was the ONLY one who had the right to do so. For ANY discussion of her dating or not to be on here is so wrong in my opinion. She is not married, engaged, or seriously considering anything right now. She is getting to know Zac who lives very far away and so I neither call it courtship or really dating. (For one thing, out of 20, it is not a bad idea for the 2 people involved to live close enough , like in the same state, where they can actually have an ongoing face to face relationship, where the real life lives.) She is young and is just starting out as a young adult and I want her to explore many things in her life, and enjoy life and her school and career and whatever before settling down. Zac is a fine young man, but we do not know him extremely well nor does he know us really that well, so all this discussion is premature and to me should not be on a public forum at all. Aria is a smart sensitive caring Christian who loves people deeply and her life has been a good one in the Lord. To have it reduced to talking about her so called "dating" life is an invasion of privacy that should have never happened. There is so much more I could say on this. Please out of respect for Aria and our family do not discuss this any more, thanks for understanding.

Edit - please try to avoid double or triple posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Musically,
Melody
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

^*Agrees* Good job Ms. Arias Mom! :D
ARIASMOM
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by ARIASMOM »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:^*Agrees* Good job Ms. Arias Mom! :D
:soapbox: Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I know I am getting on a soap box a bit but I feel very stongly about this and needed to say it. Thanks again.
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
Musically,
Melody
Ariastar87
AIO Actress

Post by Ariastar87 »

Hey, I was going to try to do these things in order, to keep things as simple as possible, but you have been waiting a long time, so here you go.

Well, this depends on where you live first of all.... I probably could figure this out if I looked at your profile, but I already started the reply lol, so I'll just do my best. If you live close enough to LA, or New York ( A big voice over hub is the point ), then I'd reccommend first taking a good class, or at least making a tape of different voices you do. It's good for voice actors to have demo tapes that show their stuff. Saying that, I don't actually have a demo tape at this moment, but many successful V.O. actors do, and are many times booked for jobs just from people listening to these tapes. www.voicebank.com is absolutely amazing, because you can hear thousands of real demo tapes, and it'll give you an idea of what they should sound like. You can probably search for one of your fave voice over actors, and find them there. There are so many amazing ones, the first time I went on there my head was spinning almost. These people are all professionals, so don't be deterred because they have tons and tons of voices, this will really just be a good tool to help you out in the long run. It is a pretty competitive and small industry in a lot of ways, so you need to have an edge. I'd also say, once you have a demo you feel good about, seek representation. That's how I got into voice acting, my first agent happened to have a voice division, so I was lucky from the start to be sent out for those roles. Some agencies don't have voice agents, so you'll need to find one that does. I might be able to reccommend some, but I'll have to look around. You'll actually see a huge list on the voicebank site, so check that out too. If you don't live near a big city, (I'm sorry, I should've checked your profile before answering this) there's always the option of having your agent send you the sides for the audtion, and either getting a device so you can record onto your computer, and email them an mp3, or, if you have the time, going through a local recording studio and having them send it out. My friend Adam does that, because there's a place closer to him, then where he normally auditions, that charges ten dollars to do that for him. It's worth the money to him for two reasons: it lessens his drive time, and saves gas, and, he says he books about 75% of what he does through there, which is an excellent return rate, and well worth the money in the end. I can't say I'd reccommend that for everyone, I'm not even sure I'd do it, but it seems to work for him!

I do think it's possible to do voice acting as a secondary job, depending on how much you work though really. A lot of people I know, do so much voice work, and they make such a good living off it, that they don't have time for another job, because they work practically every day. Me on the other hand, if I wanted to have a day job, I probably could afford to right now, because I'm definitely not working every single day, lol, and I could probably just get the days off that I needed to. So, I hope that answers your questions well enough. If you need anything clarified, let me know :)

~Aria~
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Stupid question, but I just listened to 'Where's Your Daddy?' and thought Brooke sounded a lot like Mandy. Did you play her, as well?
Ariastar87
AIO Actress

Post by Ariastar87 »

Rachael wrote:Stupid question, but I just listened to 'Where's Your Daddy?' and thought Brooke sounded a lot like Mandy. Did you play her, as well?
Nope! This leads me to another question... why is there not some sort of database where you can go search episodes to see who the actors in it are? Is there? I think that would be very helpful. But, no, I didn't play Brooke. I wonder who did.....

And to all of you on this board, still waiting to have your questions answered, sorry for the delay. I will continue to answer them over time, as quickly as I can... Thanks!

~Aria~ :-