ALBUM 53 Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Thanks Nathan!

Although I am still confused as to what the Easter egg meant. ;)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I also found the Good Guys and Bad Guys thing on youtube. It was very, very cool. Whit Hertford's who he thought the bad guy was is priceless. Man, that must have been hard for the actors to have to wait 6 months to reveal the culprit! Here's the link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3AFY2Swy5s
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Cool. Thanks Nathan. That explains a lot.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

the bonus track is a video. pop it in your cd rom / dvd rom and POW you get to see some of the development and some things that if your mind works like mine.. then the background behind the scene is one of those if i see it it ruins the ability to think its real yet i reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanna see how they do it.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks so much for the clarification, Nathan. You always have all the answers! :D I listened to all of TGRC album in my car, so when I changed discs I wasn't looking at them that closely, and then I forgot the set in my car, so I obviously should have looked closer before I posted about it. I was just expecting something at the end of disc 4, so I didn't consider other possibilities. Now I'm really looking forward to watching that feature. :D The Easter egg sounds like fun - but not quite worth the download for me when I already have the album. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Although it will likely go over the head of most listeners, I was pleased by the Johnny Cash reference towards the end. \:D/
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Do you mean the "I hear the train a-coming, it's coming round the bend"? I thought that sounded familiar. My dad is a Johnny Cash fan and I've heard most of his songs.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i think one of the more funny moments was with emily and jay about matthew WHO KNOWS THAT WHY DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT!

i think it was amazing... imho
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Cbriggs45 wrote:i think one of the more funny moments was with emily and jay about matthew WHO KNOWS THAT WHY DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT!

i think it was amazing... imho
Yeah, that's a great moment. My favorite jokes were probably the longrunning 'and get rid of that toothpick!' one and the "JUST DRINK THE LEMONADE!" one. I'd love to see inside of Buck's head at that moment.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trixie Belden wrote:
Do you mean the "I hear the train a-coming, it's coming round the bend"? I thought that sounded familiar. My dad is a Johnny Cash fan and I've heard most of his songs.
Oh, that sounded like they were quoting something, but I didn't know what. Now I know! \:D/

I had forgotten to post before about an opportunity that I think they missed in this set, and that's an emphasis on prayer. Thinking back, the most memorable prayer (for me, anyway) was coming from the bad guy, and it was fairly sketchy in its theology. ;) One thing I really appreciated towards the end of the Novacom saga was the scenes with Odyssey people praying. While I realize that things happen in a short period of time in this album, I still think that it would have been powerful to have scenes of prayer, even if it was just somebody starting to pray and then cutting to another scene. For example, Connie and Wooton could have prayed in the train car and shown Penny an example of genuine Christian prayer in action, and there are a few places where I think it would have been appropriate for Whit, with all the stuff going on with his son and grandson. I realize that the AIO team can't get every good thing into all episodes, but I wished that they had shown how natural it is for Christians to prayer during tough situations. They talked about prayer a bit, but didn't really show much of it.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

There was that time at the end of episode 6 When Whit said Lord please protect my grandson. But I see what you mean Catspaw!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, I do remember that. Thanks, thegreenringC. But if my grandson had a concussion, was chasing bad guys, and at times was missing, I would be saying more than that. ;) And of course, knowing the kind of character Whit is, I can easily assume that he is praying silent and "off the air." I usually only hear my pastor pray on Sunday, but I assume that he prays other times when I am not there to hear him. ;) However, this is an audio drama, and what we hear is what we get. Hearing Whit say a line or two is nice, but personally, I would appreciate this being emphasized more.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I have added the review threads to the first post in this topic.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Did anyone besides me think that Penny was guilty? :-k I thought from the start that she and Trask were going to ask Connie to join the counterfeiting ring, because they both said that she could copy thing well. So I expected them to let her join and help them counterfeit bills. I was surprised that Penny wasn't guilty, but I won't mind if we don't hear of her again.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I wasn't sure about Penny. I thought she MIGHT have been guilty, but I didn't think that she was the main villain. I thought she might have been a bit like Monica Stone though, nice until she pulls a gun on you. But I knew that even if she was a villain, that she wouldn't have been behind it all. And I kinda want to hear from Penny again! I think she's a fun character. I like her WAY better than i like Wooton. Am I the only one who sees an Odyssey wedding in our future? Eugene and Katrina are the last ones to get married, and that was 5 years ago.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Wooton and Penny? The Internet would implode. :( I didn't think she was too guilty, but I thought she had to play a part in it. No offense, but she seems kind of dumb. :anxious: Please don't bring her back! We don't need 2 insane characters (Wooton and Penny).
I liked the old Wooton more when he still was serious. Now he's goofy every time he says something. :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Penny was tolerable I suppose but her voice sounded too much like Connie with a cold. >_>

It did all tie together in the end obviously, but I sort of felt that Penny and the professor dude and their CULTIC NEW AGE GROUP felt kind of tacked on.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Marvin D. wrote:
Wooton and Penny? The Internet would implode. :( I didn't think she was too guilty, but I thought she had to play a part in it. No offense, but she seems kind of dumb. :anxious: Please don't bring her back! We don't need 2 insane characters (Wooton and Penny).
I liked the old Wooton more when he still was serious. Now he's goofy every time he says something. :(
I agree with you Marvin but...
I think they did do a better job with him this album. In 51 and 52 he was horrible, but this album he wasn't as annoying to me.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Really? He was the EXACT opposite as far as annoying goes to me. I really liked Wooton in episodes such as The Other Side of the Glass, because he knew when to be serious and when to be silly. This Wooton is kind of like "Oh, who cares that we've been kidnapped by a bunch of big scary guys with guns! I've got raspberry sodas!" It seems like he's regressed a bit. This is definitely my least favorite Wooton that we've seen so far.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Trixie Belden wrote:
Really? He was the EXACT opposite as far as annoying goes to me. I really liked Wooton in episodes such as The Other Side of the Glass, because he knew when to be serious and when to be silly. This Wooton is kind of like "Oh, who cares that we've been kidnapped by a bunch of big scary guys with guns! I've got raspberry sodas!" It seems like he's regressed a bit. This is definitely my least favorite Wooton that we've seen so far.
I guess I thought he was being so weird because he so was in like :inlove: that all he cared about was Penny and what she liked. And in Other Side of the Glass he I thought he was just as bad with all that talk about bushes and jumping on the car. IMO