Album 53

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Well, we know that Katrina plays a role so there's at least one old character. I agree that Jason is a likely contender, but I'm not going to boycott the album if he isn't in it.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

ric wrote:Guys, you might as well realize that it's not going to be Richard, Tom, Bernard, Regis, Edwin, PJ, or any other character that has appeared previously. There's going to be a bunch of new characters. (Well, maybe Richard will come back, but it's not likely.)
If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, you're basically saying that no old character will be returning, but the description says that there are going to be old friends--we can only assume that this means old characters will be returning to the show.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I believe it was stated in an Official podcast that none of the old characters have been written out of the show completely.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

According to the latest Scoopcast, the new album with feature Emily Jones and Matthew Parker quite prominently. What do you guys think? Is this a recipe for disaster? Or does this new news make you look forward to it more?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Might not be the classic that we are used to but maybe the AIO team can pull this off.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

i'm not a fan of the parts 1-12 either, but they still have time to come up with something new for them, it was interesting to hear that they're already working on 55
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Bennett wrote:According to the latest Scoopcast, the new album with feature Emily Jones and Matthew Parker quite prominently. What do you guys think? Is this a recipe for disaster? Or does this new news make you look forward to it more?
Recipe for disaster, imo.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:
Bennett wrote:According to the latest Scoopcast, the new album with feature Emily Jones and Matthew Parker quite prominently. What do you guys think? Is this a recipe for disaster? Or does this new news make you look forward to it more?
Recipe for disaster, imo.
Yeah, that pretty much sums up my opinion. Much of the brilliance of the Blackgaard or Novacom sagas is the fact that the focus was on adults. Yes, The Israelites were involved in Darkness Before Dawn, and Alex and Cal were around often in Novacom, but none of them were the focus. Let's hope Odyssey gets it right.

Just PLEASE, Odyssey writers, do not end the series with, "The Mystery of the Green Ring Conspiracy... another case solved by the Jones and Parker Detective Agency." I'd throw up. :sick: Hopefully Matthew and Emily get kidnapped and brought into the underground world or something and Jason and the Whit's End crew rescue them. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote: Just PLEASE, Odyssey writers, do not end the series with, "The Mystery of the Green Ring Conspiracy... another case solved by the Jones and Parker Detective Agency." I'd throw up. :sick: Hopefully Matthew and Emily get kidnapped and brought into the underground world or something and Jason and the Whit's End crew rescue them. \:D/
But they fail, and Matthew and Emily are lost for all eternity! :yay:
Woah! I just typed yay in between the colons and found that smiley!
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

I think its time to let the old odyssey go. There will never be a mr. whitaker as good as either of the first two.

Old friends I would like to see would be
tom Riley
Jack and Joanne
The Barclays
Maybe some of the old kids grown up.
Mandy Strausburg and her daughter Melanie
It would be great to have Jack and a few of the guys get thrown in as well (Trent!!!)

Oh and I like Matthew and Emily. (and I have been listening to AiO since was 6 or 7)
Last edited by manfrednissley on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

manfrednissley wrote:I think its time to let the old odyssey go. There will never be a mr. whitaker as good as either of the first two.

Old friends I would like to see would be
tom Riley
Jack and Joanne
The Barclays
Maybe some of the old kids grown up.
Mandy Strausburg and her daughter Melanie
It would be great to have Jack and a few of the guys get thrown in as well (Trent!!!)

Oh and I like Matthew and Emily. (and I have been listening to AiO since was 6 or 7)
Jack was supposed to be in 52 but the actor was busy, tom is in limbo while they search for an actor, and Jimmy isn't written out, so you never know
Reddo
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Nathan said this will be up-to-par with the Novacom/DBD episodes...intensity-wise
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

shadowdog wrote:Nathan said this will be up-to-par with the Novacom/DBD episodes...intensity-wise
Cool!! The only problem now is waiting.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Laurie wrote:
shadowdog wrote:Nathan said this will be up-to-par with the Novacom/DBD episodes...intensity-wise
Cool!! The only problem now is waiting.
yeah, waiting that's always fun :) they latest I heard is that things are scheduled for a March premiere but we'll have to see how that holds up
Reddo
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

yeah Waiting is fun. I can't wait!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

takeitfromthetop wrote:yeah Waiting is fun. I can't wait!
That's funny. How you used 'I can't wait'. Was that to say that you really can't wait, or was it to demonstrate your excitement?

In my case, I can't wait. (Used to demonstrate my excitement.)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Personally, I think that since this will be a 12 parter, not only do I have to wait till next year, but then there's also the unbearable 12 weeks. :mad:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Marvin D. wrote:Personally, I think that since this will be a 12 parter, not only do I have to wait till next year, but then there's also the unbearable 12 weeks. :mad:
I hope they come out with the Album the same time it starts to air.

Then again, I like the suspense.
I'm torn....UGH.

What should I do?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

There will always be suspense in the time it takes to put in the next CD! \:D/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Haha....True

Hmmmmmmmmm....what shall I do