~Latest Dawn Treader News~

YAY!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

humdedum wrote:
Chandlah wrote:Termite, the date changed when Disney dropped Narnia and Fox picked it up. It's really better for the movie to be released in December because that's a better "family" date.
Shennifer wrote:5 months? where do you get 5 months? I thought it came out in december of next year?? oh, and about the kiss being the last straw, I think the camel's back broke after Caspian first made eyes at Susan.
Since the actors are a little older than the characters in the book, you have to admit that a crush developing could be a likely thing in that situation. :-k
They changed because LWW was a huge hit in December, and PC flopped when released in May.

But.... VDT is more summer-esqu. :-k
Well, it didn't really flop. It made a lot of money, but it didn't do as well mainly because Iron Man stole the audience. While it made a LOT, LWW made even more, so yeah, with the smaller budget this time, Walden and Fox aren't taking any chances. They tried a different marketing strategy with PC and it didn't work as well. My prediction is that they'll use the same strategy as LWW. They already tried to use the same strategy for PC's DVD release. They changed the promotional image and the tagline to look and sound lighter, more fantasy, and more family-friendly, like LWW.
Last edited by Elrohir on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.