American Idol

Anyone still watching it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

So Jordin won? I didnt get to see it, but Jordin was hot, so i wanted her to win :D

Ryan
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Jordin won! \:D/ But it should've been Melinda. ;) I thought her performance with Bebe and Cece was great!
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

YAY for JORDIN!!! \:D/
H Tide wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I've been listening to Jordin sing for several years. I hope she wins. She's great!

Jeremy
You've heard Jordin sing for several years...did you see her as a backup singer for Michael W. Smith's concerts? Or have you heard some pre-Idol recordings?
She's been singing at her church for awhile, and that's how I first heard her. :)

Jeremy
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go jordin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Still.

Kelly and Carrie > Jordin. :noway:
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

i BEG to differ! haha! i like kelly clarkson and carrie underwood, but i think that i'm gonna like jordin ALOT better! for one, kelly has gone a little "wild", and carrie is headed that way. i think with jordin having her strong christian background, she'll stay on the straight and narrow path! :wink:

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Speaking in American Idol preformance wise cub. :P
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Melinda Doolittle was a back-up singer for Lindell Cooley, who was a worship leader at the Brownsville revival...

So ... yeah.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

ek wrote:Still.

I think you have to weigh in the age factor. Jordin is 7 years younger than Kelly and 6 years younger than Carrie. In terms of potential, Jordin is considerably stronger than the two aforementioned winners.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:

I think you have to weigh in the age factor. Jordin is 7 years younger than Kelly and 6 years younger than Carrie. In terms of potential, Jordin is considerably stronger than the two aforementioned winners.
Which can be downsized to 3 and 5 if you count by when they won American Idol. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

ek wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

Which can be downsized to 3 and 5 if you count by when they won American Idol. ;)
Are you comparing Jordin's talent to Kelly and Carrie when they won their respective titles? I was comparing Jordin to Kelly and Carrie now. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
ek wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

Are you comparing Jordin's talent to Kelly and Carrie when they won their respective titles? I was comparing Jordin to Kelly and Carrie now. ;)
In both cases they overly win. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I don't see any logic presented in your argument, but that's your prerogative. O:)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I don't see any logic presented in your argument, but that's your prerogative. O:)
Wait...there's logic in musical tastes? Also starting out a good career at a young age says nothing...Whitney Houston started at 13...and she still can't sing.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Perhaps I used the wrong word in "logic." :anxious:

...reasoning might be a better word.

Whatever-- if you think Jordin is weaker than both Kelly and Carrie, that's cool. It's just nice to see someone explain why they hold that opinion. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Perhaps I used the wrong word in "logic." :anxious:

Whatever-- if you think Jordin is weaker than both Kelly and Carrie, that's cool. It's just nice to see someone explain why they hold that opinion. \:D/
The first is stage presence....I know this isn't that important but whatever...I like stage presence, Jordin kind of just stands there (Blake was the only reason I watched AI :P). And on every song she sings she is always just a little flat and sometimes shes just a little whiny. I just prefer the popiness of Kelly and the Smoothness of Carrie's voice over Jordin.
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

ek wrote:

The first is stage presence....I know this isn't that important but whatever...I like stage presence, Jordin kind of just stands there (Blake was the only reason I watched AI :P). And on every song she sings she is always just a little flat and sometimes shes just a little whiny. I just prefer the popiness of Kelly and the Smoothness of Carrie's voice over Jordin.
I'll have to agree with EK on this one.
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

H Tide wrote:Jordin won! \:D/ But it should've been Melinda. ;) I thought her performance with Bebe and Cece was great!
My thoughts exactly!

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Lonesome Dove wrote:
ek wrote:

I'll have to agree with EK on this one.
No, yeah, I'm with ek, too. I really hoped that Blake would win. Oh well....
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Well, Jordin is no Kelly or Carrie but I believe she still deserved to be the American Idol.