HP and The Goblet Of Fire

The trailer!!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

So excited! My sister is in America right now and she is gonna pick it up for me. I can't wait to get it. Is it any good? Good comentary? Any good games? Games usually good though.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Iverkid wrote:So excited! My sister is in America right now and she is gonna pick it up for me. I can't wait to get it. Is it any good? Good comentary? Any good games? Games usually good though.

Iverkid
Hopefully your sis will pick up the Special edition because that's the only one that comes with any special features. The special edition has 8 featerettes, an interview, some deleted scenes and three games. I haven't played the games though so I can't tell you if they are any good or not. Most DVD games aren't, in my opinion.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Glad you told be. I'll e-mail her and hope she gets it.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Ferder wrote:
Iverkid wrote:So excited! My sister is in America right now and she is gonna pick it up for me. I can't wait to get it. Is it any good? Good comentary? Any good games? Games usually good though.

Iverkid
Hopefully your sis will pick up the Special edition because that's the only one that comes with any special features. The special edition has 8 featerettes, an interview, some deleted scenes and three games. I haven't played the games though so I can't tell you if they are any good or not. Most DVD games aren't, in my opinion.
I honestly dont see why they made three different versions. or lest gave you the option of wide or full screen with the special DVD. teh would of been nice.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

If you look at most major special-effects movies (Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Polar Express, War of the Worlds, Harry Potter, Narnia, King Kong) they are all coming out in three editions. Two with only the movie and no special effects (widescreen, fullscreen), and a two-disk edition with extras. I supose they figure that the sort of people who care about extras would care about getting the WHOLE picture. Fullscreen cuts off nearly half of it. It's worth putting up with the black bars at the top of Widescreen since you get the real cinamatic experiance and can see everything in the movie.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Ferder wrote:If you look at most major special-effects movies (Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Polar Express, War of the Worlds, Harry Potter, Narnia, King Kong) they are all coming out in three editions. Two with only the movie and no special effects (widescreen, fullscreen), and a two-disk edition with extras. I supose they figure that the sort of people who care about extras would care about getting the WHOLE picture. Fullscreen cuts off nearly half of it. It's worth putting up with the black bars at the top of Widescreen since you get the real cinamatic experiance and can see everything in the movie.
Thats the thign in theatres it lest looks like it covers all the screen but on my home TV I see black bars and it's annoying. my two cents though.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

At first I thought it was annoying, but I'd rather see the black bars and the entire movie rather then a squished scene. In some movies it doesn't make a huge amount of difference, but if you're watching the old musicals it makes a huge difference.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Well my sister is not back yet but someone here let us borrow the American edition. It was fun to see the way they did everything. The deleted scenes were ok. The Hogwarts song is so pathetic. I am glad they left it out of the movie.

Iverkid

I got it for myself! Hurray!

Iverkid

Edit - double posts combined. - Catspaw
Pray for Sri Lanka.