Welcome/Goodbye

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Hi everybody! I'm back from being a counselor at Camp Barnabas!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I am probably not going to be on that much starting Wednesday because we are moving.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
SilverIllusion
Tallying up
Location: I am an Illusion, am I not? Therefore if I told you where I was it would only be an Illusion...

Post by SilverIllusion »

Welcome back Embee!

Oh, hope to see you soon Jehoshaphat!

Thanks snubs and Anemone!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Welcome back, Macy! :hug:
*insert provocative quote here*
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I have returned.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

EMBEE wrote:Hi everybody! I'm back from being a counselor at Camp Barnabas!
I didn't realize you were gone :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Jehoshaphat wrote:I am probably not going to be on that much starting Wednesday because we are moving.
I hope the moving process goes well! :D Update us on how you're doing, please. :)

EMBEE! Welcome back. :hug: You were a counselor? Well that's cool. :)
Whitty Whit wrote:I have returned.
^.^ ^.^ ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Whitty Whit wrote:I have returned.
I already welcomed you :noway:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Welcome back, EMBEE!

I hope all goes well with the move, Jehoshaphat.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

sheltiez wrote:Hello, everybody. I'm new here and my name is sheltiez! I am 15 years old and love AIO! I decided to join ToO after hearing about it so much on the Campbell County message boards and the Soda Shop message boards. As you can guess from my name, I love shelties! I also enjoy school (I know, I'm wierd), reading, writing, church, politics, and spending time with friends, family, and dogs. Anything else you want to know, just ask!
Welcome to the board, sheltiez! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

So I'm back (I forgot to post that I left) from a 3 day retreat I was working at. It was loads of fun \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SilverIllusion
Tallying up
Location: I am an Illusion, am I not? Therefore if I told you where I was it would only be an Illusion...

Post by SilverIllusion »

Welcome back, M' Lady! :)

Thanks snubs and Anemone!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Welcome back, Gracy! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

Hey everyone! I've come back!
loljk. I'm new here.
So, I'm a long-time fan of Adventures in Odyssey, otherwise I would not be here (unless I was a spam-bot). I live in Rochester, New York (US), and I am part of a family of eight (two sisters, three brothers, me, and my parents). My typical boring, uninteresting, generic username that I usually use on forums would tell you that I'm male, my name is Marc, and that I am possibly fifteen, sixteen, or seventeen years old. However, I kind of wanted to come up with something clever for this site. . . . Hence the current stupid username. Anyways, interests!
I love reading, both for entertainment and education. Everything from epic fantasies, to suspenseful mysteries, to books on economics, law, and history. I also enjoy writing.
My favorite books are:
Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The series as a whole)
Here Be Monsters! by Alan Snow (The most undiscovered book of all time. It's fantastic)
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (I have still not read LOTR, though I've seen the movies)
Harry Potter (Really love the books. The films . . . Eh . . .)
And there are others, but those are the most significant.
I am also a gamer (although I do not play nearly as much as some gamers would. I enjoy doing lots of other things, as well). I particularly enjoy the game LittleBigPlanet (primarily its sequel, so ingeniously named LittleBigPlanet 2) which allows you to create your own (family friendly, for the most part) games with a very intuitive toolset, and then share them with the LBP community.
Movies. I like movies, if they're good. Favorite movies of all time:
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Princess Bride
Inception
And I like Pixar. Until Brave and Cars 2 I thought that they were incapable of making a bad movie. (Incredibles is the best one hands-down. Then Toy Story, and then Monsters Inc.)
TV. I hardly watch any TV that is not a kid's show. (Which consist of The Upside Down Show, which was discontinued because Nickelodeon is stupid, Phineas and Ferb, and My Little Pony [I am by no means a Brony. Yes, it's a good kid's show, but I don't see why so many people are like 'yarrrrrgh soooooo amaazzzinggggg.]) Anyways, the only show that I watch is Doctor Who, and when a new series of Sherlock is released I watch that. I used to watch the detective show Monk until it ended. Occasionally I'll watch Psych if I'm up for a laugh, but not often.
I also like music. I listen to stuff that not a lot of people listens to, like Immediate Music, and good soundtracks. Also, David Crowder's Church Music album is my favorite music album of all time. I play classical piano, and I play drums (not classical, :P).
And I'm interested in law and economics. I hope to eventually own a successful business, though that's pretty hard these days.
Now you know me.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Welcome Witty Username!
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Welcome to the board, Witty Username! :D From what you just shared, I think you'll fit in perfectly here. :yes:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'll make sure he doesn't :x

Hi Marc (can I call you that, Marc?), and Bienvenido! You are clearly 16 and that's that. Also, there is no hot chocolate or cookies. .or cake. Especially not cake. The cake is a lie. And everything everyone says :x

That's all :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Witty Username, I like you already \:D/ Anyone with a sense of humor and a love for film scores, movies, and reading/writing is more than welcome here.

So, welcome to the ToO! I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have ;)

Are you a Grammar Nazi too? \:D/
Marvin D. wrote:(can I call you that, Marc?)
That should be "may" :x
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

@Marvin: Yes, you may call me Marc. Actually I'm kind of used to it on forums, calling someone "Witty Username" over and over again is a bit redundant. (Also, if my username suspiciously changes to something like "marc103935720982375" or "mrmarckitysharkitydoo837578888888888888" or xXMARCXx, or most likely, "Marc." then you'll know that it is still me.
Also, @Musical Shutterbug, I am a grammar Nazi only with people I know well. I have seen some pretty hostile reactions to the correction of grammar, so I usually refrain from doing it, even if my brain is screaming 'EXTERMINATE'. (I don't mind so much if it is poor grammar due to someone being foreign. Foreign languages are difficult).
@Everyone else: Thank you for the welcome! It's really appreciated.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm off to camp. So... goodbye power. :sniff:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.