Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shadowpaw wrote:Besides, I would have a hard time deciding what's a reasonable rate of pay for myself. :noway:
You could let us choose ;)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:What do you think that the best part of the ToO is? (Besides the people and the topics.)
The sense of community! The Town Hall was a terrific board, as most of the members here are well aware. But I feel closer with a lot of members now then I did on that board, and I know from speaking with other members that I'm not alone on this. I think part of the reason is that people are encouraged to work together on things like the mayoral race and factions. It also doesn't hurt that we have a fairly low-key rule system in place, which gives members more freedom to be themselves and have fun with fellow members ;).
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Shadowpaw wrote:
And AIOFan11, the problem you mentioned should be fixed.
Thank you. The problem is fixed, and I have a new job. I think when they added the new culinary jobs something went wrong with the FBI's Manager job. It said something in code...I can't read code. :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Shadowpaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:What do you think that the best part of the ToO is? (Besides the people and the topics.)
The sense of community! The Town Hall was a terrific board, as most of the members here are well aware. But I feel closer with a lot of members now then I did on that board, and I know from speaking with other members that I'm not alone on this. I think part of the reason is that people are encouraged to work together on things like the mayoral race and factions. It also doesn't hurt that we have a fairly low-key rule system in place, which gives members more freedom to be themselves and have fun with fellow members ;).
I totally agree about the last part.. :-
...I hate marquees.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

J-man wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:
I totally agree about the last part.. :-
I too agree.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

shadoawpaw we need more higher paying jobs. :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Fenix wrote:shadoawpaw we need more higher paying jobs. :D

Like Law School. There have been a few lawyers in Odyssey, like Wiesel.

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think it would be cool to have jobs that require multiple degrees too..
...I hate marquees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Maybe the people with a business degree could have a higher paying job. :-k For a $20,000 degree, it's really not worth it to make 25% more than you would if you bought a $6,000 degree. :anxious: At least, it would be smart to buy the way cheaper degree and then working up to the business degree a lot faster.

Or are those with a business degree going to receive some yet unknown benefit? :-s
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

That's what I was wondering. The business degree costs like $20k but the jobs aren't that much better. That's why I got the computer degree.
...I hate marquees.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Raise the pay grade!

Yours Adament,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

J-man wrote:I think it would be cool to have jobs that require multiple degrees too..
That would be pretty cool...but expensive! :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Yes, but all the more money. \:D/ \:D/

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

J-man wrote:That's what I was wondering. The business degree costs like $20k but the jobs aren't that much better. That's why I got the computer degree.
Smart idea, J-man. :) I didn't get to make that decision because the secondary jobs weren't added until I had like 19,000+ so I just went ahead and got the business degree. Mathematically, though, I think I still should've waited. :anxious:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It seems as if the tags aren't working - I've tried italics and color, and it is not taking effect. At least in Finneman's... I just tried it in here, and it worked. :anxious:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I just tried in Finnemans.....it seems to work...did you accidentaly check the disable bbcode box?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's saturday, can the POF 2 thread be unlocked and annoucified?
...I hate marquees.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Why are there less jobs than in the master job list? I can't get my old job back! :-k
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Wooton wrote:Why are there less jobs than in the master job list? I can't get my old job back! :-k
Do you mind if I answer? I hope not. :flower:

There are less jobs on the job list then on the master list because every position is taken. If you cannot get your old job back that means that someone else took it.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Oh, OK! Thank-you! :)