Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ok, now THAT would make me leave.. :^o
...I hate marquees.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Out of curiosity, what happened to the old aiosf.com boards?

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I didn't even realize until today that Robert Mitchell and Evil Chick had been deleted. Welcome back to both of you! \:D/
Evil Chick wrote:Ha! I'm back! \:D/ You guys can try to get rid of me, but it's not going to work!
I wasn't trying to get rid of you. :-
Evil Chick wrote:Unless you turn this into The Town of Hippies... ;)
Now THERE'S a scary thought. :anxious:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Jonathan wrote:Out of curiosity, what happened to the old aiosf.com boards?

-Jonathan
They were casualities in an unsuccessful attempt to migrate that board into this one. I tried... and the board died. So I removed it from the internet :(.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

What precisely is this quick way of recovering your board mysql database?
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Setting it on fire, of course! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.

Post by Guest »

Does the Town of Odyssey have any filters for bad language, that is, if someone uses it, will it be unsubmittable?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Anonymous wrote:Does the Town of Odyssey have any filters for bad language, that is, if someone uses it, will it be unsubmittable?
There is a filter we have that, if bad language were to be used, we can replace those words with different ones.

Currently we haven't needed to implement this feature but bad language has not, as of yet, been a problem with members of this board. If it did, we would most certainly be ready to handle it.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm new in this town, so I feel really lost in a big world! :mad:
I have several questions:
  1. When you get a job, what kind of things do you do in that job? Do you really work? (for example: NSA, Reporter, Business, etc.)
  2. How can you get speacialty Jobs?
  3. I got a gift basket today, can I do anything with it?
I need all the help I can get! :book2:

Thanks! :)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

1. You don't have to actually work (just sign on once every day or so) to get paid, unless you have a user-created special position. On which I have few details.
2. You can either come up with something (The "TV station", KYDS radio, I'm still waiting for TCW jobs >_>) or become a mod/admin. Which takes a lot of... hanging around and posting, basically.
3. No idea. At this point, Sunday's-type items are just goodwill tokens.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:1. You don't have to actually work (just sign on once every day or so) to get paid, unless you have a user-created special position. On which I have few details.
2. You can either come up with something (The "TV station", KYDS radio, I'm still waiting for TCW jobs >_>) or become a mod/admin. Which takes a lot of... hanging around and posting, basically.
Thanks, Sonuna Hydris, but I still need help on the following questions:
  1. When you get a job, what kind of things do you do in that job? Do you really work? (for example: NSA, Reporter, Business, etc.)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Wooten wrote:
Sonuna Hydris wrote:1. You don't have to actually work (just sign on once every day or so) to get paid, unless you have a user-created special position. On which I have few details.
Thanks, Sonuna Hydris, but I still need help on the following questions:
She answered those questions already. Read her post again.

-Jonathan
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Oh, OK, didn't realize that! Thanks to you both! :)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The "McCalister Park" forum grouping always shows as having new posts, even if the subforums are read... Anyone else have this problem?
(I can provide screenshots if needed)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:(I can provide screenshots if needed)
Can you show me how to make "screen shots," Sonuna Hydris? :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:The "McCalister Park" forum grouping always shows as having new posts, even if the subforums are read... Anyone else have this problem?
(I can provide screenshots if needed)
I've been having that same problem. It's only rectified by clicking "Mark all forums read" via the Index page. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It happened to me once. And to take a screenshot Wooton, you press alt and printscrn, then go to paint and paste.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I've never had a problem with it.. :-s
...I hate marquees.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Jonathan wrote:It happened to me once. And to take a screenshot Wooton, you press alt and printscrn, then go to paint and paste.

-Jonathan
Awesomeness! Thank-you! \:D/ :D =D> =P~ \:D/
Instead of showing the entire sceen, can you show a smaller area to show???
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

If you edit it in paint, yes.

-Jonathan