Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Laurie wrote:I never log out so I have never had that problem.
I don't log out either, but sometimes it just logs out on its own! Lol! I don't know why!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOFan11 wrote:
Laurie wrote:I never log out so I have never had that problem.
I don't log out either, but sometimes it just logs out on its own! Lol! I don't know why!
Strange. I've never had that problem.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I have had that problem on the odd occassion, but that's generally because I did not select the "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It happens to me nearly every time I come here.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've had that happen to me several times. Usually it's because the cookies are turned off. Not always. :anxious:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I've had that happen after I had to clear the cookies..
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I think robert mitchell has like bugged up the ToO......again
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I think robert mitchell has like bugged up the ToO......again
It appears to be that way... the backup files seem to be corrupt though :(. I'm trying to add RM a different way... RM, if you can read this... please sign up as "New User" and I will talk with you there.
Rob Mitchell

Post by Rob Mitchell »

It is me, RM!

And I don't know what happened.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Your broke the ToO shame on you! ;)
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

No, you broke the ToO! He's trying to cover up!
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Rob Mitchell

Post by Rob Mitchell »

How?

I posted earlier today, and when I come back, I can't log on.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

His account got erased? How'd that happen?

Also, my drop down 'choose a forum' menu hasn't been working since the mods were installed.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It works for me.. :-k
...I hate marquees.
Rob Mitchell

Post by Rob Mitchell »

Evil Chick has also been erased

What happened?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I'm not sure... I've restored both you and Evil Chick, to a point anyway. Some things will need to be reconfigured and the money you had on hand has gone missing.

Unfortunately the size of this board has grown so large that when I do backups, it doesn't backup the entire database (though it never tells me this). So I lost the backup of user information... I couldn't recall the exact profiles for you or Evil Chick :(.

I have found a new method (not as easy, but still does the job) to backup the entire database from this point forward to ensure if this ever happens again, we can get back up and running quickly.
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

Thank you, Shadowpaw.

I am now up and running. :D
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I have had alot of problems tonight. When 34 pages are shown I could only view 32, "unable to find" when trying to connect, and slow response.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Part of that is because of the deletion of the users Robert Mitchell and Evil Chick. All their posts were deleted and so the longer threads were shortened considerably when all their posts were removed. Yet the number of pages you could click on stayed the same.

That happened when I was deleted a while back...very annoying and I couldn't post anywhere since I was a guest! ](*,)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Ha! I'm back! \:D/ You guys can try to get rid of me, but it's not going to work!

Unless you turn this into The Town of Hippies... ;)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.