Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

cellogirl wrote:I'm leaving for Washington DC for my class trip tomorrow morning! Can't wait! Oh, and that means no ToO for me until like Saturday :/
Washington DC? Coolness! \:D/ Hope you have a good time. :)
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Samantha14 wrote:I also need to find a summer job. Really. I'm broke.

Three problems:
A. No one really likes hiring 14 year olds, no matter how diligent they can be.
I don't know if you have a Culvers near you, but I hear that they'll hire starting at 14. Someone once told me that at some Culvers, you'll go in the afternoons, and there's a bunch of homeschoolers taking your order and making the food. \:D/
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Sunshine wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:I also need to find a summer job. Really. I'm broke.

Three problems:
A. No one really likes hiring 14 year olds, no matter how diligent they can be.
I don't know if you have a Culvers near you, but I hear that they'll hire starting at 14. Someone once told me that at some Culvers, you'll go in the afternoons, and there's a bunch of homeschoolers taking your order and making the food. \:D/

Really? :o I didn't know this. Thank you for letting me know! I will look into it. :D
merp.
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

got back from Washington DC at 4:30 in the morning. I'm still exhausted but I had a blast! :)

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, school is out and I'm off to Costa Rica for a missions trip. Tata. :wave:
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Hey, Cool. Have fun, Ric =D> \:D/
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Lots of travel going on.

I'm leaving campus and heading home on Tuesday after Monday's graduation festivities. I'll be there for a week. I don't know how I'll get back for work the following Monday though...

And I'm not coming back to campus before seeing the new Trek movie. I have my cosplay ready and everything.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I mowed part of the yard today. It was SO cold! :mad: The high only got up to the mid-50s, and the wind was atrocious. It just cut right through me even with my scarf, gloves, and jacket. My hot shower felt so good to thaw back out again. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I mowed part of the yard today. It was SO cold! :mad: The high only got up to the mid-50s, and the wind was atrocious. It just cut right through me even with my scarf, gloves, and jacket. My hot shower felt so good to thaw back out again. \:D/
That is funny, it was 90 here over the weekend, and usually my area is much colder than where you live! It was unbearably hot (for a northern mountain girl :P ) this weekend :(
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Well it appears that I will be working 2 jobs this summer \:D/ as a pet tech/dog walker and a small library position.
Right now I am super stressed about the AP US history test on Wednesday. The day cannot come soon enough.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm still in south america and now I have a bunch of mosquito bites on my knee and it's super humid all the time...
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yesterday the dog next door jumped the fence and chased our 11 year-old cat. I have never seen that 14 pound cat run so fast. :( Anyhow, the poor kitty got dog slobber over him. By the time I got most of it out of his long fur, my allergies started acting up. I still have a allergies today. *sigh* Maybe I'll go get some fresh air.

Edit:
Heh, my mom just came in the door, and said that the pollen is getting bad, meaning that me kitty brought in a bunch of pollen with him (not to mention everyone who comes inside our house smells like allergy related stuff). :bolt: There goes the "fresh air" idea. *pulls out allergy medicine* I shall isolate myself from the outside world, and beg my mom to let us give the cat a bath. :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I mowed part of the yard today. It was SO cold! :mad: The high only got up to the mid-50s, and the wind was atrocious. It just cut right through me even with my scarf, gloves, and jacket. My hot shower felt so good to thaw back out again. \:D/
That is funny, it was 90 here over the weekend, and usually my area is much colder than where you live! It was unbearably hot (for a northern mountain girl :P ) this weekend :(
Heh, it will be back up to 86 tomorrow. This see-saw weather is crazy. :-

Today was a teary day. :( We took my dog to the vet, and although he gave us some medicine that MAY help, they said not to get our hopes up. :waaah: We got all the estimated prices for putting her down, if it comes to that soon. *sigh*
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

Sunshine wrote:Yesterday the dog next door jumped the fence and chased our 11 year-old cat. I have never seen that 14 pound cat run so fast. :( Anyhow, the poor kitty got dog slobber over him. By the time I got most of it out of his long fur, my allergies started acting up. I still have a allergies today. *sigh* Maybe I'll go get some fresh air.

Edit:
Heh, my mom just came in the door, and said that the pollen is getting bad, meaning that me kitty brought in a bunch of pollen with him (not to mention everyone who comes inside our house smells like allergy related stuff). :bolt: There goes the "fresh air" idea. *pulls out allergy medicine* I shall isolate myself from the outside world, and beg my mom to let us give the cat a bath. :(
I have allergies too! This is a really bad time for them with all the pollen!

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Back home for a week. So I'm planning to wear pants every day except Sunday.

Laura I'm still praying for your dog. I hope all things turn out for God's glory.

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

radgeek wrote:Back home for a week. So I'm planning to wear pants every day except Sunday.
Rad. Rad. This is so you XD

Got two new puppies the other day \:D/ They're a Doberman/German Shepherd mix and are the most adorable things EVER. Puppies are fun.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Marvin D. wrote: Got two new puppies the other day \:D/ They're a Doberman/German Shepherd mix and are the most adorable things EVER. Puppies are fun.
Dawwww, they sound. So. CUTE. Post pictures. \:D/

Aww, Laura. :hug: Praying for you guys.
merp.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

My AP history test today was Mind numbing. Brain Frying. Hand Cramping. Let's just say a three hour and five minute test with a 5 minute break is exhausting, but it feels great for it to have it over with. Now I have to wait until July to see my results....

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Marvin D. wrote:
radgeek wrote:Back home for a week. So I'm planning to wear pants every day except Sunday.
Rad. Rad. This is so you XD

Got two new puppies the other day \:D/ They're a Doberman/German Shepherd mix and are the most adorable things EVER. Puppies are fun.
Yo se.

You never sent me those promised pictures of the cuties.

Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

@Josh: Pretty please post pictures! O:)

@Laura: :( :hug:

@Gracy: Sounds like a long three hours! How do you think you did on the test? :)

Clean sinks make a happy me. Hopefully I won't smell like cleaner tonight at the graduation, because I'm not going to try to shower and dry all of my hair in half an hour. :noway:
Last edited by Sunshine on Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.