Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It's been a while since I've read the series, but I seem to remember that one being fairly weak compared to the others. But it was still good.

And I have yet to listen to the RT ones. I really have no desire to.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I just heard a SCC commercial for the Narnia RT! \:D/ That is not something I would normally notice, but everyone here was talking about how Shadowpaw looks like him... I just thought I'd share that! :D

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

what is SCC
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

MDB17 wrote:what is SCC
Actually it would be WHO is SCC and that's Steven Curtis Chapman.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Hey I look I wrote a letter to Georgie Henley (Lucy) and asked for an autographed picture (I collect them.) And today she sent me something.

( I promise no matter how weird it looks it looks normal for real.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's really cool, Jimmy! \:D/ Thanks for letting us see what you got! :D
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Hey I look I wrote a letter to Georgie Henley (Lucy) and asked for an autographed picture (I collect them.) And today she sent me something.
That is really cool! \:D/ *goes off the write Georgie....realizes she doesn't have Georgie address either*

~OrigamiKid
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Georgie Henley

Upstagers' Theatre Group
The Barn
Rear of the Midland Hotel
Station Road
Ilkley, West Yorkshire

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=17431
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I reread the Narnia books over Christmas break and noticed for the first time C.S. Lewis's negative view of education. Then I came back to university and had to read C.S. Lewis's "Abolition of Man" which is all about how C.S. Lewis doesn't like modern education cause it doesn't teach virtue. Then my political studies prof told me I couldn't really understand Narnia until I had read Plato's "Republic"
But, I still like to enjoy the stories as stories and not make them so intellectual.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Georgie Henley

Upstagers' Theatre Group
The Barn
Rear of the Midland Hotel
Station Road
Ilkley, West Yorkshire

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=17431
Thanks Jimmy! \:D/

~OrigamiKid
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Wow, I wonder how many people get a signed poster. :-k
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Anne wrote:Then my political studies prof told me I couldn't really understand Narnia until I had read Plato's "Republic"
I would disagree with your professor. Even CS Lewis commented with a bit of awe (and I'd find the quote but I heard this over the radio) on a child's ability to understand and appreciate the Narnia books.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Half of my family is in my parents bedroom watching the old Narnia....i'd rather be here....:) i LOVE the new Narnia!!!!!!!

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Jonathan wrote:
Anne wrote:Then my political studies prof told me I couldn't really understand Narnia until I had read Plato's "Republic"
I would disagree with your professor. Even CS Lewis commented with a bit of awe (and I'd find the quote but I heard this over the radio) on a child's ability to understand and appreciate the Narnia books.
I understood it perfectly when I was 5 years old. I remember my mom being very surprised when I told her about all the Biblical analogies in CoN since no one had ever told me anything about them.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Jonathan wrote:
Here is a quote to that effect. O:)
OrigamiKid wrote:Let me just end with excerpt from one of C.S. Lewis' letters. To a Mrs. L (dated 23 May 1951):
I am glad you all liked The Lion. A number of mothers, and still more, schoolmistresses, have decided that it is likely to frighten children, so it is not selling very well. But the real children like it, and I am astonished how some very young ones seem to understand it. I think it frightens some adults, but v. few children...
~OrigamiKid
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I agree that people of all ages can understand Narnia.
I didn't mean to say otherwise, just that C.S. Lewis was very familiar with "The Republic" and some elements of that book are included (at least according to my prof, who is also very familiar with "The Republic")
I think that is one of the things that makes Narnia so great: a five year old can read it and understand it on a deep level, and with each reread will understand it on a deeper level. Having recently reread the books, I definitely feel like I "got" the story more then as a child, and I may get it more if I read "The Republic." Am I making any sense or just rambling? Maybe I should be quiet now...
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Hey I look I wrote a letter to Georgie Henley (Lucy) and asked for an autographed picture (I collect them.) And today she sent me something.

( I promise no matter how weird it looks it looks normal for real.)
That is really cool!

People actually think that I look like Lucy, or did when I was younger! Believe it or not... :anxious:

I am sure you all have discussed this, but have any of you heard In Like a Lion by RelientK. Such a good song!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

AIOFan11 wrote:
I am sure you all have discussed this, but have any of you heard In Like a Lion by RelientK. Such a good song!
Indeed. I just wish it had been on the Inspired By soundtrack.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Me wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:
Indeed. I just wish it had been on the Inspired By soundtrack.
Wow! It isn't? That is weird. :-s
My sister bought it on Itunes. You can get it there for $0.99. Very cheap, and nice sound quality. :D You could just copy the inspired by CD onto the computer and then put it on another CD with In Like a Lion! It would fix your problem. :-s
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Relient K wasn't asked to write a song for the Inspired By album. That's why they weren't on the album. But Matthew Thiessen decided to write one anyway. Kendall Payne also has a song called Aslan on her latest album, but not on the Inspired By album.