Favorite Disney Channel Shows

What are yours?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What's your favorite Disney Channel Show?

Kim Possible
17%
Even Stevens
26%
Phil of the Future
9%
Lizzie McGwire
22%
The Suite Life of Zach and Cody
17%
That's so Raven
4%
The Proud Family
No votes
American Dragon: Jake Long
4%

Total votes: 23

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I do like the movies Disney Channel has on sometimes.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't have cable, so don't really watch it. I've seen bits and pieces, and watched a few Disney Channel Original Movies (Dadnapped is pretty fun ;)), but it's mostly a waste of time.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I forgot to mention this earlier, but Starstruck was an EPIC movie. =P It was really funny and completely different then all other Disney movies. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I got to see the premier while I was in Anaheim. \:D/ It was an awesome movie--it was nice seeing Sterling Knight playing a non-jerk character for once. :tongue2:

BTW: Has anyone else seen Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars?
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

No, and after looking it up, I don't think I really want to. It sounds like a weird cross between every Hannah Montana episode ever made and....Harlow Doyle. Okay, maybe not that bad, but the whole point of Harriet the Spy is that she solves mysteries! This turns her into some weird tween stalker with a crush on a pop singer. Totally meritless and valueless.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I watch Phineas and Ferb.
Last edited by Elrohir on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Trixie Belden wrote:No, and after looking it up, I don't think I really want to. It sounds like a weird cross between every Hannah Montana episode ever made and....Harlow Doyle. Okay, maybe not that bad, but the whole point of Harriet the Spy is that she solves mysteries! This turns her into some weird tween stalker with a crush on a pop singer. Totally meritless and valueless.
Um...no. That's not really what it's like at all. :-s Besides, Harriet isn't a detective; she's a spy. :yes: And she actually doesn't fall in love with the movie star (a Disney miracle!).

Phineas and Ferb ftw! \:D/ I'm watching it right now. :yes:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

How is it garbage? :-s There's FAR worse stuff out there. Disney Channel is more like... corny kids stuff. :anxious: But it's not all bad, and I enjoy a few of the things they do (not that I really watch TV a lot anyway).
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

You don't watch TV; you watch Youtube. :-
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Disney was a big jerk and the shows have bad subliminal messages.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

:roll: You know a lot of those subliminal messages are just figments of the imaginations of a couple paranoid people with too much time on their hands.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I watched the Disney channel this weekend for the first time in years and it was pure nonsense, pointless bad acting and... just all together junk.
Officer David Harley wrote:I think Disney is bad, I do not like it(including the animated movies) but I watch family sometimes but the shows are are really sad and fun to laugh at. when I told some people I don't like Disney they almost went into shock because they didn't get that Disney is bad.
Agreed. Not only is the channel garbage, but the company's motives have gone completely down hill in the last few years. I think I started to notice it when they dropped the Narnia series because it wasn't making enough millions. They don't care about quality or how family friendly their movies are. It's all about money.

If they make a successful movie, you can guarantee there will be a sequel because they know it will make money. Often the sequels turn into those junky direct-to-video releases where they replace most of the voice actors and get all new writers and directors, all to make a bit more money.

Plus for awhile there, they were making a bunch of random sequels based on all of their successful old classics; Jungle Book 2, Bambi 2, Fox and the Hound 2, Cinderella sequels. Why? Money.

Long story summed up. Me and Disney don't exactly see eye to eye on most things and probably never will. Go PIXAR! (And yes, technically they are owned by Disney, but that's not really their fault. I think it was mostly just to stop Disney from destroying Toy Story 3, when Disney was trying to get them to make the plot about Buzz getting recalled.)
O:) (I'll put a smiley face after all of that because it sounded a bit more negative than I might have meant it to.)
Last edited by Dallas R. on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.

Post by 31899 »

Amethystic wrote::roll: You know a lot of those subliminal messages are just figments of the imaginations of a couple paranoid people with too much time on their hands.
I mean thing like they put in there shows that it is okay to disrespect authority and authority is wrong and kids are right all the time and parents are never correct.

It really bothers me

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

31899 wrote:
Amethystic wrote::roll: You know a lot of those subliminal messages are just figments of the imaginations of a couple paranoid people with too much time on their hands.
I mean thing like they put in there shows that it is okay to disrespect authority and authority is wrong and kids are right all the time and parents are never correct.

It really bothers me

On that point, you may be right. :-k Just don't tell me that the word 'sex' has been intentionally hidden in every frame of The Little Mermaid or anything like that. :P

Post by 31899 »

I'm not one of those basket cases, they keep me in the other wing :p

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

31899 wrote:I'm not one of those basket cases, they keep me in the other wing :p

Oh, the wing down the hall from the overly-religious conspiracy theorists wing! \:D/ You should visit me sometime. ;)

Post by 31899 »

Yeah, right after I figure out the puzzle to this room with a one way door.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I think the Disney channel is lame....but I like Disney movies a lot better :)

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Disney Channel shows seem to do nothing more than teach kids how to disrespect their parents and act like brats. It shows them that if you get yourself in way over your head, the grown-ups solve everything for you. It's almost like Disney can't handle even a slightly steady dose of reality. The only show I watch on Disney--and am not embarrassed to let my parents see--is Phineas and Ferb, and I don't mind the scarce few that show that are actually good. Other than that, I don't really watch it too much. I'm actually more into art, running, tennis, and video games than much else besides Jesus.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I watch disney channel when I'm in the states simply because I hate quiet and its the only thing my siblings and I can agree on.. (They hate my music, I don't like channels they wanna watch). However the shows aren't all that bad, just ment for kids.. I like a few of the DOMs and yes I am a Selina gomez fan. I think Nick's programing is worse than Disney's on many levals though.
Last edited by Liz_Horton on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.